• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are they tanking? Are they streaking? Whatever happens will be at the Grill for 4 against HOU 9/13-16

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we take that approach then let’s get Correa on a somewhat front loaded long term contract like 10 year $280 million paying him a lot per year the first 3 years while our payroll will be low by default
I would also look at Marcus Stroman and Noah Syndergaard

Don't know about Correa but the position needs to be addressed

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, Roogie will be a FA after next season. That's who you go after.
I think you are mistaking him for his teammate, Mr. Gallo.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a year away from free agency, but is anyone interested in us pursuing Byron Buxton in about 14 months?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a year away from free agency, but is anyone interested in us pursuing Byron Buxton in about 14 months?
Honestly I don't at this time. So many good choices out there. I want to see home grown boys if possible but no guarantee of that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't at this time. So many good choices out there. I want to see home grown boys if possible but no guarantee of that.
Are you wanting to forego free agency for good to great players altogether?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are mistaking him for his teammate, Mr. Gallo.

I'd rather sign the Crawler to a contract. Over him and Roogie

That's a really tough question. Dude finally got to his "performance matches talent" season and got hurt.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the time to start pursuing free agents is this offseason and next. That way their contracts will overlap with most of the years we will have guys like Jung, Huff, Foscue, Smith and company under control.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the next few years we will have lots of conversations about free agents. Inevitably, some questions will come up about some being too injury prone. I remember when Kinsler, Cruz and Hamilton were all considered injury prone, yet we went to two WS with those guys. Sometimes it is a legitimate concern, but many times it can be overblown.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the time to start pursuing free agents is this offseason and next. That way their contracts will overlap with most of the years we will have guys like Jung, Huff, Foscue, Smith and company under control.

"Start" being the operative word. As I mentioned earlier, they absolutely need to bring in a quality FA bat this offseason. Proven talent dude. If there's a decent deal to be made for a second, then OK. But they shouldn't go apeshit this offseason with it. Get a guy in now, see how 2022 shakes out, then go after another one next offseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Start" being the operative word. As I mentioned earlier, they absolutely need to bring in a quality FA bat this offseason. Proven talent dude. If there's a decent deal to be made for a second, then OK. But they shouldn't go apeshit this offseason with it. Get a guy in now, see how 2022 shakes out, then go after another one next offseason.
That is how I see it also. Now, if 2 or 3 great deals come along then go for it, but I seriously doubt this franchise will have that kind of luck. To me one big bat this year, another big bat and a good one next year, is a good path to take.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the next few years we will have lots of conversations about free agents. Inevitably, some questions will come up about some being too injury prone. I remember when Kinsler, Cruz and Hamilton were all considered injury prone, yet we went to two WS with those guys. Sometimes it is a legitimate concern, but many times it can be overblown.

Cruz was absolutely injury prone, and so was Hamilton to a lesser extent. The Rangers went to two WS because they were surrounded with an entire team of quality players.

I would love to have Buxton here on a "prove what I got" 1-2 year contract. I don't want to take a 5-6 year flyer on him.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that approach is the most common sense most of the time but with how low the payroll is and with the window starting to open I think we do go somewhat ape shit.
4 bats and 1 SP would be perfect.
It would still allow for our few young legit prospects to work their way onto the team in a competitive protected winning environment.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz was absolutely injury prone, and so was Hamilton to a lesser extent. The Rangers went to two WS because they were surrounded with an entire team of quality players.

I would love to have Buxton here on a "prove what I got" 1-2 year contract. I don't want to take a 5-6 year flyer on him.
At his age, 5 years will be way too short of a contract for him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that approach is the most common sense most of the time but with how low the payroll is and with the window starting to open I think we do go somewhat ape shit.
4 bats and 1 SP would be perfect.
It would still allow for our few young legit prospects to work their way onto the team in a competitive protected winning environment.
I think you are on an island about this, but that is okay. What I like about your plans is that you put thought into it and formulate a plan.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T
At his age, 5 years will be way too short of a contract for him.
thats why I would want to stay away. Plus I think Leody will end up being similar to him in 2023 and after. Leody was moved along to quick in my opinion. I’m sure they had to tho due to rule 5 and stuff.