• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are they tanking? Are they streaking? Whatever happens will be at the Grill for 4 against HOU 9/13-16

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to bring up Huff too. When he’s ready, To play DH and be the back up catcher-35 games or so? Signing 2 OF and a DH wouldn’t mess with Solak or Jung at 2B&3B. Steele Walker is definitely not ready for MLB action.. what do you see in him??
Garcia & Peters are other teams junk. They have some splashy attributes with the physicality and power but we shouldn’t be relying on them to lead our team into the playoffs. Those guys feast off of bad pitching and blow out game stat padding situations. When they have to play in close meaningful games against good pitching they won’t hit well. I do agree with giving Adolis a chance to start next year but would like a roster built to sustain his probable underperformance.
I said the same thing in early 2020 about Danny Santana and everyone thought the same thing theyre thinking now about Adolis.
We do not have any readily available OF prospects who have crushed it at AA and seem ready for MLB
I like Ibanez, Jung and Solak and even Yonny but they’re not OFs.

I feel like y’all don’t want the team to get better. If there was ever a time to go out and put together a team by adding 4-5 FA this is the year. We have virtually no payroll obligations and we have probably the deepest FA class we’ve seen and will see in a long time.

I wouldn’t mind signing one of the top SS and maybe not signing one of the OFs I mentioned before but I definitely want to add a few bats.
We have a tremendous amount of pitching depth and I like where we’re at there.. almost..
But as far as MLB caliber hitters.. we’re lacking hard.. that’s why we’re like 29th & 30th in BA OBP OPS and wRC+.
We will agree to disagree. Walker I see as a DH. You say 2 OF’ers and a DH but they’re 3 OF’ers.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Natuonals lose. They jist won't go away.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Lucas on Brock Burke.

"Brock Burke's quietly effective second half continues. He's delivering fastballs for strikes, coming through the back door with the slider, generating misses with the change. The difference in Burke with command and without is stark."

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does, he does but then the Rangers have to sign a quality Starter to a quality contract. But knowing JD, he will probably sign Lyles to a multi-year contract and crow that he is true #1

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does, he does but then the Rangers have to sign a quality Starter to a quality contract. But knowing JD, he will probably sign Lyles to a multi-year contract and crow that he is true #1

That was a long way to go just to get to a JD slam

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved this blurb out of Jeff Wilson's article this morning, especially the last line

"Arihara was making his third start since coming off the injured list after having surgery to remove an aneurysm from his shoulder. He had been pretty good in the first two, albeit against Colorado and Arizona."

"If the Rangers are Larry, Colorado and Arizona are Moe and Curly."

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really

Not sure why jettisoning Arihara would mean the Rangers have to pursue a FA starter. Not sure why the Rangers would sign Lyles to a sizeable contract. Not sure why JD would "crow" about doing that. Maybe it was a joke and my coffee hasn't kicked in.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why jettisoning Arihara would mean the Rangers have to pursue a FA starter. Not sure why the Rangers would sign Lyles to a sizeable contract. Not sure why JD would "crow" about doing that. Maybe it was a joke and my coffee hasn't kicked in.
And JD is not the GM.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how the tiebreakers stand? Thanks
It reverts to the order of the previous year if there is a tie, so in essence we are a game behind the Pirates right now.