• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are they tanking? Are they streaking? Whatever happens will be at the Grill for 4 against HOU 9/13-16

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that approach is the most common sense most of the time but with how low the payroll is and with the window starting to open I think we do go somewhat ape shit.
4 bats and 1 SP would be perfect.
It would still allow for our few young legit prospects to work their way onto the team in a competitive protected winning environment.

In my opinion, the window isn't starting to open yet.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are on an island about this, but that is okay. What I like about your plans is that you put thought into it and formulate a plan.
I feel alone lol it’s all good though. Used to it.
I’m just ready for my team to start winning some ball games again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess then, I am asking which free agency philosophy do you think is best for the team?
Do not rush and bring in several at one time. We need a SS in the off season but I don't think it is wise to bring in two or three OF when we see what we really have in Leody and Peters as I explained earlier. If a steal is on the table for a c or pitcher, go for it. Just don't want to sign because we have money until the time is favorable.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not rush and bring in several at one time. We need a SS in the off season but I don't think it is wise to bring in two or three OF when we see what we really have in Leody and Peters as I explained earlier. If a steal is on the table for a c or pitcher, go for it. Just don't want to sign because we have money until the time is favorable.
What about going after the SS this offseason and then going after one OF next offseason?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yang DFAed as we whittle down the size of the roster.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about going after the SS this offseason and then going after one OF next offseason?
I meant this off season. Don't see a rush for an OF yet.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant this off season. Don't see a rush for an OF yet.
Yeah, when I mentioned Buxton, I was talking about the free agency period starting about 14 months from now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Willie does very well over the next 18 games so the front office will be tempted to keep him. I am not sure that he is ever going to be a good player, but I would like to evaluate him more next season before giving up on him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I mentioned Buxton, I was talking about the free agency period starting about 14 months from now.
I have always liked Buxton. He has extremely elite defense. He has certainly performed below expectations. Might be definitely with a look see. Wonder what it would take to sign him. But yes injuries are a concern

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned about Willies mental mindset after getting beaned but Always liked his hitter skills. Unfortunately there may not be enough room and do prefer him at DH

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Block Huff?

Two too many. We have some good players that this would block

Garcia in RF

No one will block Huff if and when he’s ready to hit at the MLB level.

We picked DJ up off waivers. Adolis could do what Danny Santana did and regress hard. Leody hasn’t shown much.

Adolis has played plenty of CF this year

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We picked DJ up off waivers. Adolis could do what Danny Santana did and regress hard. Leody hasn’t shown much.

Disagree. Leody has shown he can play defense and has been hitting since coming back up.

Anyone can regress and Adolis has not shown any sign regressing.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Leody has shown he can play defense and has been hitting since coming back up.

Anyone can regress and Adolis has not shown any sign regressing.
Leody hasn’t shown much at the plate yet, but like I’ve said other times I think he will be very good come 2023 and beyond.

Adolis has No signs of regressing? He had an amazing May and hit 11 HR and hit like .312/.348/.633 .981 OPS. Hasn’t been above .800 any other month. He has definitely shown some pop. The guy has a great arm as well. I like him. But he can definitely revert to a .240/.290/.450 hitter next year with 18 HRs and low value. I hope not but definitely possible and maybe even probable

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay to state it simpler. Keep it where we can see what we’ve got. Your proposal basically signs 3 outfielders and a catcher. I would rather see us bring up both Huff and Jung. Sign Story. Play Solak at 2nd. Play Peters, Taveras and Garcia in the outfield. Put Walker at DH

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay to state it simpler. Keep it where we can see what we’ve got. Your proposal basically signs 3 outfielders and a catcher. I would rather see us bring up both Huff and Jung. Sign Story. Play Solak at 2nd. Play Peters, Taveras and Garcia in the outfield. Put Walker at DH
I would like to bring up Huff too. When he’s ready, To play DH and be the back up catcher-35 games or so? Signing 2 OF and a DH wouldn’t mess with Solak or Jung at 2B&3B. Steele Walker is definitely not ready for MLB action.. what do you see in him??
Garcia & Peters are other teams junk. They have some splashy attributes with the physicality and power but we shouldn’t be relying on them to lead our team into the playoffs. Those guys feast off of bad pitching and blow out game stat padding situations. When they have to play in close meaningful games against good pitching they won’t hit well. I do agree with giving Adolis a chance to start next year but would like a roster built to sustain his probable underperformance.
I said the same thing in early 2020 about Danny Santana and everyone thought the same thing theyre thinking now about Adolis.
We do not have any readily available OF prospects who have crushed it at AA and seem ready for MLB
I like Ibanez, Jung and Solak and even Yonny but they’re not OFs.

I feel like y’all don’t want the team to get better. If there was ever a time to go out and put together a team by adding 4-5 FA this is the year. We have virtually no payroll obligations and we have probably the deepest FA class we’ve seen and will see in a long time.

I wouldn’t mind signing one of the top SS and maybe not signing one of the OFs I mentioned before but I definitely want to add a few bats.
We have a tremendous amount of pitching depth and I like where we’re at there.. almost..
But as far as MLB caliber hitters.. we’re lacking hard.. that’s why we’re like 29th & 30th in BA OBP OPS and wRC+.