• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Niners the worst team this season?

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. If not, they are for sure bottom 5. I just don't see any way this team is good next season. We have no QB that can realistically win on an average basis and we have no real ability to move the ball. We added some pieces through the draft but I don't see it being enough.

I think our D line will be our best unit...but they will be on the field a lot and get tired.

And before anyone accuses me of not being a "true fan" or something similar, I'm just trying to see where everyone stands on this. I truly believe we are the worst team in the league going into this season. With an un-homer opinion, where do you guys see us ranked against the league this coming season?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think so. If not, they are for sure bottom 5. I just don't see any way this team is good next season. We have no QB that can realistically win on an average basis and we have no real ability to move the ball. We added some pieces through the draft but I don't see it being enough.

I think our D line will be our best unit...but they will be on the field a lot and get tired.

And before anyone accuses me of not being a "true fan" or something similar, I'm just trying to see where everyone stands on this. I truly believe we are the worst team in the league going into this season. With an un-homer opinion, where do you guys see us ranked against the league this coming season?

i see the team improving enough so that we're not THE worse team. We might still win less than 8 games, and hence be considered one of the lousy teams.

Yes, we don't have a quality QB and who knows on the O-line? But we also have a different offense that MIGHT suit these QB's better? Don't want to exaggerate, so just saying we'll do better than last season. This should be enough so that we're not THE worse.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a two team race between the 49ers and the Browns, they may be worse but Robert Griffin III might just be better than what we have so who knows.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see the team improving enough so that we're not THE worse team. We might still win less than 8 games, and hence be considered one of the lousy teams.

Yes, we don't have a quality QB and who knows on the O-line? But we also have a different offense that MIGHT suit these QB's better? Don't want to exaggerate, so just saying we'll do better than last season. This should be enough so that we're not THE worse.

I don't believe right now that this team is capable of winning 8 games with what they have for QB's and offensive weapons. Honestly 5 to 6 wins is probably a good season.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are perhaps the only team we look down on, and that is very debatable. If this team gets 8 wins - which I stated in the other thread that this was extremely far-fetched - then Chip Kelly should be coach of the year.

Right now, I'd say this is a 2 or 3 win team.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personnel alone, the OL looks better on paper. But will they play cohesively as a unit? There's no doubt the strength of this team is the DL. Kelly is definitely an upgrade over Tomsula. I'm expecting the offense will be better because Kelly will know how to utilize the players. Tomsula was clueless as a coach. An 8-8 season would be tremendous, but doubtful. It will be difficult for the Niners to win more than one divisional game. They split with the Rams and will be swept against the Seahawks and Cardinals. I'm looking at 6-10 season and a top 5 pick in next year's draft. It starts with the QB and the Niners do not have one on the roster that is at least a top 15 in this position.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be the worst but I think they might have a top 5 pick unless there is more talent on this team then we think because knuckle head of a Head coach Tomsula was that clue less and that might be the case. Overall I think we will see improvement on this team and hope to finish 6-10 playing tough football with the hardest SOS. Thats what I hope for. Ceiling is 8-8.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins I see on schedule right now is Rams, TB, one between Bears and Bills and one between Miami and Atlanta.
That gives us 4 wins. With a shot against sweeping the Rams and maybe getting a win against the Jets because they have no QB and they don't play well when they go west coast.

So I can see 5-6 wins.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think 6 is best case scenario which is pretty bad. I realistically see 3 or 4 wins, but it's the NFL so some weird stuff can happen.

I guess I feel better about this season than last just because last season seemed so hollow and Tomsula was clearly a "let's just take a year off and try again" pick, so at least now they are attempted to grow. Not sure it will matter much though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think 6 is best case scenario which is pretty bad. I realistically see 3 or 4 wins, but it's the NFL so some weird stuff can happen.

I guess I feel better about this season than last just because last season seemed so hollow and Tomsula was clearly a "let's just take a year off and try again" pick, so at least now they are attempted to grow. Not sure it will matter much though.

LOL, I believe Jed actually thought Tomsula was a really good option. Tomsula was a top candidate below Harbaugh back in 2011

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will not be the worst team in the NFL, but we're not going to be good either. I think we're looking at 6 wins. If Kelly goes 8-8 or better, he should be the runaway winner of coach of the year.

There is no doubt that the team is better than it was last year--and last year we shoud've only won 3 games (2 short missed FGs gifted Bombsula 2 extra wins). This year, we've got much better coaches, particularly on offense and our roster has nowhere to go but up.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will not be the worst team in the NFL, but we're not going to be good either. I think we're looking at 6 wins. If Kelly goes 8-8 or better, he should be the runaway winner of coach of the year.

There is no doubt that the team is better than it was last year--and last year we shoud've only won 3 games (2 short missed FGs gifted Bombsula 2 extra wins). This year, we've got much better coaches, particularly on offense and our roster has nowhere to go but up.
Hahaa "Bombsula"...damn it usually I'm the guy that comes up with that sh#t...love it.

Also...we will not be the worst team in the NFL...I think there is a lot of parity in the league and every game can be a hard game regardless of talent...there is plain and simply good luck // bad luck involved in the bounce of a ball which can determine and win//loss or shift in momentum. In no way am I saying we're taking the west...I just think we'll probably come out slow and start to gel a bit more towards the end of the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I believe Jed actually thought Tomsula was a really good option. Tomsula was a top candidate below Harbaugh back in 2011
Yes Tomsula was Jed pick. Baalke had someone else in mind. Chip Kelly is baalke pick now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think they'll be the 2nd worst team in the NFL with Cleveland taking the cake, that is just my opinion. Not to mention they have a tough schedule this year for as bad as they were last year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football Outsiders: 49ers to finish 4-12, last in NFC

Yeah ok, at this point why even try to argue it?

True, for this season it isn't only how bad we are, but three good Division rivals. Yes, i'm including the Rams because i expect Goff to be decent this year, which is all they need against us.

Not just the division rivals but they have to play the AFC East in which most of the teams are at least good, and factor in having to play the Cowboys who should be better if they don't have too many injuries like last year. I think the schedule this year will help make them have a worse record than maybe they'll deserve.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football Outsiders: 49ers to finish 4-12, last in NFC

Yeah ok, at this point why even try to argue it?

True, for this season it isn't only how bad we are, but three good Division rivals. Yes, i'm including the Rams because i expect Goff to be decent this year, which is all they need against us.

If it weren't for that blocked FG against the Rams on the last week of the regular season, Niners would have been winless in the division. I think they will win one game against the Rams next season and go 1-5 again in the division. If they go 4-12, Niners will be picking in the top 3 next year. I wonder if Baalke will be let go if the Niners go 4-12 or 5-11.:yes:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for that blocked FG against the Rams on the last week of the regular season, Niners would have been winless in the division. I think they will win one game against the Rams next season and go 1-5 again in the division. If they go 4-12, Niners will be picking in the top 3 next year. I wonder if Baalke will be let go if the Niners go 4-12 or 5-11.:yes:
I have a feeling No. I think York is giving him this 3 year window with Chip Kelly to see how it works.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling No. I think York is giving him this 3 year window with Chip Kelly to see how it works.
I think it depends how bad things are. If the team plays poorly and loses someone needs to take the fall, Baalke is next in line. If fans put alot of pressure on York again