• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Niners the worst team this season?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Cleveland Clowns are in the NFL no other team will be the league's cellar dweller. That franchise couldn't get outta their own way even if they had directions.:L

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends how bad things are. If the team plays poorly and loses someone needs to take the fall, Baalke is next in line. If fans put alot of pressure on York again
Yeah but that would be more for Year 2 in the Chip Kelly era. I dont see him getting fired 1 year into hiring his head coach.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how things go and how bad the team looks during the season. Even if they go 4-12 or 5-11 but play better during the season but just can't get over the hump in those losses then Baalke won't be going anywhere. If they look awful still offensively and get worse defensively then they might start thinking about it but I do believe that we'll have to put up with Baalke at least until the 2017 season.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say how Chip Kelly's philosophy works out ... I"m not a huge fan of the hurry up offense all the time because it can put a strain on your defense if your O doesn't dominate... But saying you guy's will be the worst team in the NFL, I don't think so .... I"m curious to see if Kaep can get back on track...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say how Chip Kelly's philosophy works out ... I"m not a huge fan of the hurry up offense all the time because it can put a strain on your defense if your O doesn't dominate... But saying you guy's will be the worst team in the NFL, I don't think so .... I"m curious to see if Kaep can get back on track...

We may not be the worst on paper, but regardless, because of the strength of schedule, it could put us down there. Chip Kelly is as evasive as Harbaugh was when it comes to addressing personnel questions from the media. I think Gabbert is probably the likely starter despite what Kelly says. May never see Kap play again except for preseason.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May never see Kap play again

One thing to hope for this season.

As for Baalke....I think a lot is riding on how well the players from drafts prior to 2016 turn out this year. Even that may not be enough, as he most certainly is near the end of the rope. I still believe we have a strong chance to be the #1 pick in the draft next year.....we may be improved over last year, but the reality is that SF was not a 5-win unit. More like 2 victories.

It's sad that a lot may depend on the play of Blaine Gabbert, but that's probably where it's at.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not be the worst on paper, but regardless, because of the strength of schedule, it could put us down there. Chip Kelly is as evasive as Harbaugh was when it comes to addressing personnel questions from the media. I think Gabbert is probably the likely starter despite what Kelly says. May never see Kap play again except for preseason.

That's possible... I just can't grasp how Kaep fell off so quickly.. the guy played big in some big games and you just know some talent is there... Maybe he was partying with his new $, who knows...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's possible... I just can't grasp how Kaep fell off so quickly.. the guy played big in some big games and you just know some talent is there... Maybe he was partying with his new $, who knows...

I think he initially was surrounded with a much better supporting cast. The oline went from one of the better ones in the league to one of the two worst last year. While I think it that has an effect on all QB's, it really affected Kap because he does not process things quickly and has a slow release. He was messed up all around by mid season. I think more was placed on his shoulders in several ways and he just wasn't able to handle it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses figured him out once Seattle shut him down in the 2nd half of "The Tip".

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has very little, if anything, to do with it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but Kaep was never the same after the NFCCG.
Kaep was kicking our ass until Pete adjusted at the half by forcing him to throw from the pocket and if he runs, to have a a quick spy who can tackle cover him.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick ran wild in the first half....but he was 3-5 for 17 yards passing in that timespan. Seattle was not the reason for Kaepernick's downfall. In fact, most of us saw the decline in play throughout the 2013 season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick ran wild in the first half....but he was 3-5 for 17 yards passing in that timespan. Seattle was not the reason for Kaepernick's downfall. In fact, most of us saw the decline in play throughout the 2013 season.
No problem. We remember it differently.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No problem. We remember it differently.

From the big picture, Kaep has not played well against Seattle. So obviously you guys have an opinion from a focused perspective. More so you guys remember the 4th quarter of that NFCCG. Just saying, not knocking you guys for what is 'human nature' to remember.

But Kaep's "slide" in his PASSING game, is more than that NFCCG.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the big picture, Kaep has not played well against Seattle. So obviously you guys have an opinion from a focused perspective. More so you guys remember the 4th quarter of that NFCCG. Just saying, not knocking you guys for what is 'human nature' to remember.

But Kaep's "slide" in his PASSING game, is more than that NFCCG.
My perspective is that Kaep's '12 and '13 years were his best. It was downhill for him from there. He was doing great until the second half of the NFCCG. That is when his wheels fell off and he really never played well after that.
You think I focus on the 4th qtr in that game? No, not at all. I was there in attendance, a 28 year Seahawk STH. SF (Kaep) was clearly kicking our ass from the beginning of that game. After his monster run, I vividly recall wondering, "how do we stop this guy?"
I was worried. Very worried.
Our team adjusted better at the half and took over the game.
Kaep officially sucked after that.

OOps, sorry we hijacked the thread.
No, SF wont be the worst.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My perspective is that Kaep's '12 and '13 years were his best. It was downhill for him from there. He was doing great until the second half of the NFCCG. That is when his wheels fell off and he really never played well after that.
You think I focus on the 4th qtr in that game? No, not at all. I was there in attendance, a 28 year Seahawk STH. SF (Kaep) was clearly kicking our ass from the beginning of that game. After his monster run, I vividly recall wondering, "how do we stop this guy?"

He was showing signs before that game but it really showed in the second half of that game. I don't think they will be the worst team but I do think the schedule will give a difficult time not having a bad record.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once teams learned Kap's few talents he was done for. Moving on from him,I hope

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you guys are worse than the Browns. Always bet on the Browns in a race to the bottom.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Once teams learned Kap's few talents he was done for. Moving on from him,I hope

NFL QB's is mostly about your passing ability, you have to consistently prove your passing skills.

Intially, Kaep was ok passing the ball, but his big talent was running. Running was what vaulted him into the national news. But you can't remain a top NFL QB by running, so it isn't surprising teams 'figured him out'. All they had to do was make him consistently pass the ball.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL QB's is mostly about your passing ability, you have to consistently prove your passing skills.

Intially, Kaep was ok passing the ball, but his big talent was running. Running was what vaulted him into the national news. But you can't remain a top NFL QB by running, so it isn't surprising teams 'figured him out'. All they had to do was make him consistently pass the ball.

I actually think the coaches starting with Harbaugh began to discourage him from running and tried to make him a pocket QB, unless that foot injury he sustained was preventing him from running. I thought there many times he could have run and didn't.