• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Niners the worst team this season?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually think the coaches starting with Harbaugh began to discourage him from running and tried to make him a pocket QB, unless that foot injury he sustained was preventing him from running. I thought there many times he could have run and didn't.

i think we went away from the zone read to preserve Kaep most of all. At the time he was becoming a superstar so we couldn't risk injuring him by running. This is the other reason NFL QB's can't become 'known' by running, you risk injury.

i was ok trying to get him to pass more from the pocket. because in order for him to become that true 'superstar', pocket passing was necessary. The question was how long do you keep trying? Now we know better but back then you don't know when is the right time to end it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ESPN ranks 49ers as one of the NFL's worst defenses

Its reasonable to think the 49ers D isn't any good, so not getting 'bent out of shape' with his ranking. Yes, some of of it is on potential (Armstead and Buckner); and some of it is on 'hope they do well' (Harold and Ward).

I'd sure most of us just want to see improvements as the season wears on. We need to see the defense isn't confused by the new scheme, and isn't penalty prone. Do expect the D-line to be good by the second half of this season, against the run.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN ranks 49ers as one of the NFL's worst defenses

Its reasonable to think the 49ers D isn't any good, so not getting 'bent out of shape' with his ranking. Yes, some of of it is on potential (Armstead and Buckner); and some of it is on 'hope they do well' (Harold and Ward).

I'd sure most of us just want to see improvements as the season wears on. We need to see the defense isn't confused by the new scheme, and isn't penalty prone. Do expect the D-line to be good by the second half of this season, against the run.

These rankings are good for toilet paper and that's about it. These rankings are in large part based on last year. That is all they really have to go on. I don't have much of an expectation this year, but we'll see.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The optimist's guide to the 2016 49ers

Initially, i felt the second reason for optimism - being rested - was the only one that makes a big enough difference. But wait, the more i thought on it, Kelly's presence is OUR biggest factor, not rest. So ok, IMO two of the three factors he listed are reasonable to enough.

His third reason - parity - IS something that happens every year, just don't feel we fans should use it for 49er optimism.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so. If not, they are for sure bottom 5. I just don't see any way this team is good next season. We have no QB that can realistically win on an average basis and we have no real ability to move the ball. We added some pieces through the draft but I don't see it being enough.

I think our D line will be our best unit...but they will be on the field a lot and get tired.

And before anyone accuses me of not being a "true fan" or something similar, I'm just trying to see where everyone stands on this. I truly believe we are the worst team in the league going into this season. With an un-homer opinion, where do you guys see us ranked against the league this coming season?
They'll probably win just enough to get another shitty draft position.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They'll probably win just enough to get another shitty draft position.

isn't it "win just enough to get a GOOD draft position"?

For me, not expecting a GOOD season but do think 'Over' if i was betting in Vegas. Regarding the draft position, for me i just let the season play out, where we end up is where we end up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to say no way we are the worst team. I do think we will pick in the Top 10 again.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FU to SF.
What a mismanaged POS they have become.
It surely isn't the fault of you that read these pages.
I get along with most of you and have felt your misery many times.
I am pissed because when Seattle finally has a killer team, it just so happened that our division foe the the South was looking all world at the same time. SF was above us on the totem pole in 2012. This was one of those rare opportunities for having Epic games for a long time.
I have been a STH for longer than I wish to admit unless bragging about how long someone has been a STH'r. The games at the Clink in `12,`13, & `14 were chalked up to be the best entertainment when wearing clothes...and now?
Dogshit because of your owner. We had a shitty owner also when Ken Behring owned the team.
Now, as someone that goes to those games live, it just doesn't seem to hold the same urgency to win.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a side note, I wonder if Harbs cringed when hearing of the contract ADB signed today? Shunning both Sherm and ADB, they both became stars on the team he hated.
You gotta love it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FU to SF.
What a mismanaged POS they have become.
It surely isn't the fault of you that read these pages.
I get along with most of you and have felt your misery many times.
I am pissed because when Seattle finally has a killer team, it just so happened that our division foe the the South was looking all world at the same time. SF was above us on the totem pole in 2012. This was one of those rare opportunities for having Epic games for a long time.
I have been a STH for longer than I wish to admit unless bragging about how long someone has been a STH'r. The games at the Clink in `12,`13, & `14 were chalked up to be the best entertainment when wearing clothes...and now?
Dogshit because of your owner. We had a shitty owner also when Ken Behring owned the team.
Now, as someone that goes to those games live, it just doesn't seem to hold the same urgency to win.

What comes up will come down eventually. Seattle will probably be shitty one day too.,

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a side note, I wonder if Harbs cringed when hearing of the contract ADB signed today? Shunning both Sherm and ADB, they both became stars on the team he hated.
You gotta love it.

I am sure Harbaugh doesn't give a shit. He is too busy with other things like running a college football team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure Harbaugh doesn't give a shit. He is too busy with other things like running a college football team.
ADB now makes more $ than Harbs. Harbaugh was Baldwins college HC. I bet Harbaugh is fully aware about Baldwin's contract.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ADB now makes more $ than Harbs. Harbaugh was Baldwins college HC. I bet Harbaugh is fully aware about Baldwin's contract.

He might have heard about it, but I am sure he has enough going on his life that he doesn't dwell on it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He might have heard about it, but I am sure he has enough going on his life that he doesn't dwell on it.

Agree, there must be a lot of cases where the player makes more than his college coach.

BTW - Harbaugh is so busy, he recently completed a satelite camp in Hawaii. He has another camp scheduled over here.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, there must be a lot of cases where the player makes more than his college coach.

BTW - Harbaugh is so busy, he recently completed a satelite camp in Hawaii. He has another camp scheduled over here.

Yea, I saw him in a picture wearing a Kaepernick jersey. Bizarre to say the least.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, I saw him in a picture wearing a Kaepernick jersey. Bizarre to say the least.

when he was on local TV, he was wearing a Marcus Mariota jersey. Believe the camp was held at the high school Mariota attended.

i have to give Harbaugh credit for doing what he does, at every least he's generating a lot of hype for Michigan. He's instilling "Michigan" in the minds of many young men. I'm sure this is the same buzz for his camps all across the country.

BTW - the U. of Hawaii is playing Michigan at Michigan this season, but all the Hawaii coaches were at the same camp with Michigan coaches.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure there are gobs of cases deep, but none seem to have the irony of the Harbaugh/Sherman/Baldwin situation.
The contempt Sherm and ADB have towards Harbs is not private info.
JH demoted ADB as Sherm, now wanting to leave Stanford because of JH, ended up switching from WR to DB to get away from Harbs after his mom would not let him switch university's.
Neither player got any praise whatsoever from their College HC for the scouts and NFL draft experts.
Sherm went in the 5th, ADB never drafted.
The have both signed mega NFL deals.
It is easy to see that something got in the way of Harbaugh abilities to see or use these 2 players strengths.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are gobs of cases deep, but none seem to have the irony of the Harbaugh/Sherman/Baldwin situation.
The contempt Sherm and ADB have towards Harbs is not private info.
JH demoted ADB as Sherm, now wanting to leave Stanford because of JH, ended up switching from WR to DB to get away from Harbs after his mom would not let him switch university's.
Neither player got any praise whatsoever from their College HC for the scouts and NFL draft experts.
Sherm went in the 5th, ADB never drafted.
The have both signed mega NFL deals.
It is easy to see that something got in the way of Harbaugh abilities to see or use these 2 players strengths.
Harbs' ego possibly but that was more on Baalke than anyone. Harbs left because he had no control over player signings, extentions,etc. Harb might have picked Sherm if he had that authority.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs' ego possibly but that was more on Baalke than anyone. Harbs left because he had no control over player signings, extentions,etc. Harb might have picked Sherm if he had that authority.

I think Harbs had more say in the draft than people realize. He had input in the draft. Kaep, Jonathan Martin, and Eric Reid for starters were Harbaugh guys. As far as Sherman goes, a converted DB he made it to the 5th round so every other team passed on him more than once. Those guys often fail to make it in the NFL. Chip Kelly has also had input in this year's draft. While Baalke has ultimate control, he does allow the HC a say in some of the selections. I don't think Harbs left because of that. There were other issues going on with the FO and I from what Pozz wrote after it happened, he really wore on the FO. He tends to do that over time.