• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Chicago Bulls About to Fire Tom Thibodeau?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Bulls got rid of Doug Collins just as he had managed to get the Bulls into the playoffs for the first time in forever. Sure, they got Phil Jackson and 6 rings but there was no guarantee. Thibs has done everything short of jumping in and playing himself. He has made the Bulls into contenders every single year he's been there - with and without Rose. So how will management reward him and the fans? By firing him. Sounds about right for Reinsdorf and company. I used to love and respect John Paxson as a player. If he's responsible for getting rid of Thibs, he will have lost any respect I had for him as an executive.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Wajnorowski, they just might.

IF they beat the Cavs it will be a lot harder for them to do it without pissing off the fanbase, though, I imagine.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From AJ's article:

When a visiting scout visited the Bulls practice facility in the past year or so, he had the opportunity to watch the awkward, strange interplay between Bulls general manager Gar Forman and Thibodeau. Eventually, the man walked into the office of an assistant coach and asked: "What the hell is the deal here?"

Before answering, the coach turned his fan on full blast. For the visitor, everything was becoming even stranger. He gave the assistant a befuddled look, as though to say, "What are you doing?"

"I'm not taking any chances," the coach said, refusing to risk the possibility of those walls being bugged.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep this has been well known in Chicago since about November. it is sad but all parties are acting like jackasses gar, pax, and thibs.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. They've been talking about it for the last 2 years so its bound to happen some time. Too bad they couldn't have done it last year when the Lakers were looking for a coach

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Cavs can help make this easier for Bulls management :-)

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he leaves at season's end regardless of how the Bulls do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. The Bulls got rid of Doug Collins just as he had managed to get the Bulls into the playoffs for the first time in forever. Sure, they got Phil Jackson and 6 rings but there was no guarantee. Thibs has done everything short of jumping in and playing himself. He has made the Bulls into contenders every single year he's been there - with and without Rose. So how will management reward him and the fans? By firing him. Sounds about right for Reinsdorf and company. I used to love and respect John Paxson as a player. If he's responsible for getting rid of Thibs, he will have lost any respect I had for him as an executive.
As a bulls fan this would be so dumb especially if they beat the Cavs or win it all. How do you justify the firing. Losing to the Cavs I can see it. I bet u in some weird way the front office hopes they lose to the Cavs. What Thibs has done with out Rose for 3 years has been great. I give Thibs tons of credit. It took us 10 years to find a good coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Orlando, Nets and Knicks(before Fisher got there) wants him. I would take the Knicks out now. Also some other teams would be Minn and LA(outside shot). OKC was one team but they got their guy now.

Thibs have fun in Orlando if that's where you want to go.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bulls, 9ers, etc. front offices are prime examples of having to big of an ego.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let Phil Jackson walk. What's that tell you?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that they already offered Hoiberg the job. Its just like when they brought that last great mind college coach Floyd to the team.

The problem seems to be that Paxson is the one telling Thibbs when he can practice. He thought Thibbs was not giving the team enough rest. Eventually, players are gonna say why do I need to listen to Thibbs anymore.

The bulls players are aware of it, and you really dont hear too many saying how great of a coach thibbs is or how much they need him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Bulls have a history of things ending badly with coaches. First Doug Collins, then Phil, then Vinny Del ***** and now Thibs.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs runs players into the ground. I have read/heard rumors that DRose blamed his first ACL injury on Thibs. Had him in a game when it was clearly over. Noah looks run down from the minutes. Jimmy Butler averages 72 minutes a game. There is something to be said for what Pops has done in San Antonio and knowing how to pace players over the course of a season/career.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with a day off or 2. I remember they finally got one before heading to Dallas mid-season and then dominated that game. If Thibs doesn't like a day off here and there, then he doesn't understand what "getting burnt out" means.

Sometimes you just need rest and to hit the refresh button.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs runs players into the ground. I have read/heard rumors that DRose blamed his first ACL injury on Thibs. Had him in a game when it was clearly over. Noah looks run down from the minutes. Jimmy Butler averages 72 minutes a game. There is something to be said for what Pops has done in San Antonio and knowing how to pace players over the course of a season/career.

The bold is interesting because on Dan Patrick this morning, Wojnarowski was saying that Rose likes Thibs and that Thibs may have been fired a couple of seasons ago but Rose protected him.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NBA Championships has Thibs participated in?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is interesting because on Dan Patrick this morning, Wojnarowski was saying that Rose likes Thibs and that Thibs may have been fired a couple of seasons ago but Rose protected him.
Wouldn't surprise me. I have no idea what to believe when I hear "rumors." Wojnarowski certainly knows more about the ins and outs of the bulls locker room than me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me. I have no idea what to believe when I hear "rumors." Wojnarowski certainly knows more about the ins and outs of the bulls locker room than me.

Not sure what it is with the Bulls FO and coaches. There always seems to eventually be some kind of drama no matter how much winning they do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bulls, 9ers, etc. front offices are prime examples of having to big of an ego.
I agree. Im fans of both teams and both Front offices are a mess but they find ways to win.