• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My no vote was because the help he is getting is not limited to being suspended in 2022 but also 2023 and beyond.

Try not only reading, but also understanding.
Yeah, we all know your schtick. Say some stupid homer crap and then move the goal posts with your passive aggressive snide remarks. You attempt to insult as if it helps your consistently silly arguments. You are wrong again and your stubbornness and attempt to cling to 1% of the whole of the discussion as a way to claim you aren't is still going as strong as ever.

There is an old saying that fits you in pretty much every single thread: if you find yourself arguing with 5 idiots there is a good chance there is only one idiot in the argument...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) My comment was directed at another poster
B) The clause shows there was intent to assist Watson dodge financial loss, so regardless of other players contracts, a small base salary does assist Watson dodge the pain financially and was at the least part of the reason it was so small.
Knowing the Browns are paying the same to Garrett and later Ward (and others in the past) it seems painfully obvious the low first year base is not some ploy to help Watson in case of suspension. So, no, it's not part of the reason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing the Browns are paying the same to Garrett and later Ward (and others in the past) it seems painfully obvious the low first year base is not some ploy to help Watson in case of suspension. So, no, it's not part of the reason.
That's your story and your sticking to it. The intent behind the clause is clear, the Browns wanted to help Watson dodge the consequences of a suspension.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to show me where I said that? Go ahead, I'll wait.

I've been playing you with 1# test and it's fun to watch you flop on the deck.
I guess I could play your game and say, "I know you said it or said something like it" when you accused me of claiming defense didn't really matter but I'm an adult and will simply say that was not you and it was HaroldSeattle who made that beyond foolish comment.

My apologies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your story and your sticking to it. The intent behind the clause is clear, the Browns wanted to help Watson dodge the consequences of a suspension.
It's not a story. Watson and Garrett are both set to earn the same base salary in 2022. are they thinking Garrett is going to beat someone with a helmet again maybe? They also wanted to help out Ward next year as well as Hooper, Teller and many others in their first seasons of their new deal?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we all know your schtick. Say some stupid homer crap and then move the goal posts with your passive aggressive snide remarks. You attempt to insult as if it helps your consistently silly arguments. You are wrong again and your stubbornness and attempt to cling to 1% of the whole of the discussion as a way to claim you aren't is still going as strong as ever.

There is an old saying that fits you in pretty much every single thread: if you find yourself arguing with 5 idiots there is a good chance there is only one idiot in the argument...
Cool, then how about point out specifically what I said you disagree with that you can prove with facts and not your baseless opinion. To make it so you don't need to look up a few posts to find it, here is the comment again..."My no vote was because the help he is getting is not limited to being suspended in 2022 but also 2023 and beyond."

If you can explain what you disagree with there you can then move on to explaining where I am wrong about Watson's base (FYI, others agree with me about this) in that it was not done to help in case of suspension and something the Browns and many teams do in year 1 of large extensions.

There is also a saying that when you redirect away from the actual discussion and lie, dance, distort, deflect and/or move the goal posts you may not have any actual evidence to refute anything that was said. But, please feel free to give it another shot.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool, then how about point out specifically what I said you disagree with that you can prove with facts and not your baseless opinion. To make it so you don't need to look up a few posts to find it, here is the comment again..."My no vote was because the help he is getting is not limited to being suspended in 2022 but also 2023 and beyond."

If you can explain what you disagree with there you can then move on to explaining where I am wrong about Watson's base (FYI, others agree with me about this) in that it was not done to help in case of suspension and something the Browns and many teams do in year 1 of large extensions.

There is also a saying that when you redirect away from the actual discussion and lie, dance, distort, deflect and/or move the goal posts you may not have any actual evidence to refute anything that was said. But, please feel free to give it another shot.
OK, I'll get right on that...Let me know what else you would like me to "move on to" after :L

the poll has nothing to do with next year. It is about 2022. Whether or not it helps him in future years as well is irrelevant. If you want to say it also helps him if he were to be suspended in future years start that poll. The assumption from everyone all along while he was negotiating deals was that he would be suspended this year so that is why it is the main topic of conversation

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll get right on that...Let me know what else you would like me to "move on to" after :L
How about just come up with even one thing to refute what I said? Here it is again....."My no vote was because the help he is getting is not limited to being suspended in 2022 but also 2023 and beyond."

If you are able to refute that and care to move on to the question of the low base in year one feel free.

"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get spooked if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume (to make the math easier) his suspension is a full season. If he is suspended in 2022 he loses $1M. If he is suspended for 2023 he loses $46M

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I could play your game and say, "I know you said it or said something like it" when you accused me of claiming defense didn't really matter but I'm an adult and will simply say that was not you and it was HaroldSeattle who made that beyond foolish comment.

My apologies.
What you said was something to the affect of, the talent selected were defensive players so didn't influence the record of Mayfield. Or some "form" of that.
Playing your game is fun. But getting boring.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a story. Watson and Garrett are both set to earn the same base salary in 2022. are they thinking Garrett is going to beat someone with a helmet again maybe? They also wanted to help out Ward next year as well as Hooper, Teller and many others in their first seasons of their new deal?
Circumstances are much different. Browns would of been better off with making the cap hit a even 46 million per year rather then 10 million in 2022 and 55 million after that, because they are now 29 million in the hole in 2023 and in 2024 may not have enough cap space to cover the draft. That wasn't the case when they signed those other contracts. It's clear that the Browns are helping Watson avoid a financial hit for suspension and was part of their efforts to get Watson to agree to getting traded to the Browns.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about just come up with even one thing to refute what I said? Here it is again....."My no vote was because the help he is getting is not limited to being suspended in 2022 but also 2023 and beyond."

If you are able to refute that and care to move on to the question of the low base in year one feel free.

"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get spooked if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying."
1654525994796.png

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspension clause ADDED to Watsons contract specifically protects Watsons first two years for the current allegations.

One can deny it all he wants, but the Browns 100% protected Watson with this contract.

Each paragraph of the addendum to the agreement that contains guaranteed payments — No. 26 (2022 salary), No. 27 (2023 salary), No. 28 (2024 salary), No. 29 (2025 salary), No. 30 (2026 salary) — and the signing bonus addendum include language exempting from any potential default a suspension imposed by the league “solely in connection with matters disclosed to Club in writing pursuant to paragraph 42 and such suspension results in Player’s unavailability to Club solely for games during the 2022 or 2023 NFL League Years.”

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume (to make the math easier) his suspension is a full season. If he is suspended in 2022 he loses $1M. If he is suspended for 2023 he loses $46M
Not even sure you need to just assume. Pretty sure that is spot on with how it would work. IF the NFL wants to suspend him is that something they'd take into account? Not sure they would, but maybe?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you said was something to the affect of, the talent selected were defensive players so didn't influence the record of Mayfield. Or some "form" of that.
Playing your game is fun. But getting boring.
Cool...feel free to find it and point out how it implied I said defense doesn't matter when it comes to winning games.

I actually know the comments you are talking about and had nothing to do with me saying the D does not matter when it comes to winning. FYI, the defense from 2018-2020 was awful here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspension clause ADDED to Watsons contract specifically protects Watsons first two years for the current allegations.

One can deny it all he wants, but the Browns 100% protected Watson with this contract.

Each paragraph of the addendum to the agreement that contains guaranteed payments — No. 26 (2022 salary), No. 27 (2023 salary), No. 28 (2024 salary), No. 29 (2025 salary), No. 30 (2026 salary) — and the signing bonus addendum include language exempting from any potential default a suspension imposed by the league “solely in connection with matters disclosed to Club in writing pursuant to paragraph 42 and such suspension results in Player’s unavailability to Club solely for games during the 2022 or 2023 NFL League Years.”
Did someone say the Browns did not help Watson at all? Only disagreement seems to be with those who think the base in 2022 was done to protect Watson when this type of base is common not just for the Browns but throughout the NFL in year 1 of a large new deal/extension.

That last comment is why I said the following, which you seem to disagree with (even though you wont say what's wrong with it) - "My no vote was because the help he is getting is not limited to being suspended in 2022 but also 2023 and beyond."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool...feel free to find it and point out how it implied I said defense doesn't matter when it comes to winning games.

I actually know the comments you are talking about and had nothing to do with me saying the D does not matter when it comes to winning. FYI, the defense from 2018-2020 was awful here.
You know the comment. Now you see how dumb it was. No need to rehash it again.

You're getting quite the collection.
1654528108271.png

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"My no vote was because the help he is getting is not limited to being suspended in 2022 but also 2023 and beyond."
Sounds like you need to reread the question & change your vote to yes then.
Thanks for admitting you agree with the rest of us :suds: