• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I never said they've done nothing to help him. This is just you moving the goal posts....again.

I've only tried to educate you and others the notion the $1 mil base in 2022 was done to help him out if he were suspended as this is incorrect....unless you think Garrett, Ward and others are targets to be suspended.

The latest was you called it collusion and don't seem to be able to explain how as nothing they did was secret nor illegal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, I voted no as the help he gets will help him out even if suspended in 2023 or later (wont lose any of signing bonus).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I never said they've done nothing to help him. This is just you moving the goal posts....again.

I've only tried to educate you and others the notion the $1 mil base in 2022 was done to help him out if he were suspended as this is incorrect....unless you think Garrett, Ward and others are targets to be suspended.

The latest was you called it collusion and don't seem to be able to explain how as nothing they did was secret nor illegal
collusion.png

I'd say secret cooperation for deceitful purpose fits what has gone on, but I'm open to a better word if one can be found.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get that idiot Goodell to make up his mind and either let Watson play or suspend him for a specified number of games. He has already lost an entire season through the inaction of Goodell and the Texans. Now, he's with a dung-beetle team.

Shit, I even feel sorry for Baker Mayfield. He is stuck in limbo. It appears the Browns won't release him until the Watson thing is settled, and he's not worth anything as trade bait. Cleveland fans, by now, realize that this looks like another typical shit season for the Browns.

Start Watson in Game 1. Make Goodell fish or cut bait.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They made an immoral choice when they hired Watson. Bigger stuff has happened in the NFL.
How big a deal is it to help him now that they have him on the team?

Too late for the high road.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get that idiot Goodell to make up his mind and either let Watson play or suspend him for a specified number of games. He has already lost an entire season through the inaction of Goodell and the Texans. Now, he's with a dung-beetle team.

Shit, I even feel sorry for Baker Mayfield. He is stuck in limbo. It appears the Browns won't release him until the Watson thing is settled, and he's not worth anything as trade bait. Cleveland fans, by now, realize that this looks like another typical shit season for the Browns.

When the Browns drafted Nick Chubb I started rooting for them and they were on the path for success. Then for some reason this off season they decide to drive into the ditch and crash. After the 2020 season they could of extended Mayfield, he was coming off his best season so his future looked bright...right? Yet they didn't , they only applied the 5th year option and this off season they lost their way completely. Trading away 6 picks including 3 years worth of first round picks for Watson and a 6th. Watson a cancer who quit on his team, a pervert, someone who didn't even play last season, someone who may not play this season. Then they give him a record breaking 230 million fully guaranteed contract. The contract will have Watson cap hit be 55 million per year ( except this year, which he may not play) that will hamstring resigning their players of note or any players of note going forward from 2023 on, while at the same time giving up their best draft capitol for 3 years in a row. How in Gods green earth do they see this working out?
The collateral damage was Mayfields career which is in the dumpster now. Seems to me it would of been a better course to extend Mayfield, but you got to think the Browns had reasons not to do so ( maybe he doesn't behave like an adult for example). The Watson trade was so enormously a bad idea on so many levels but the Browns just can't help being the Browns.

trainwreck GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potato salad? Who cares

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a legit legal case? The Grand Jury voted No Bill, so no criminal charges. All of the women are represented by a sleazebag lawyer. Probably some truth here, but how much is just greed looking for a big payday?

Full disclosure: I'm divorced, so I HATE all lawyers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Browns drafted Nick Chubb I started rooting for them and they were on the path for success. Then for some reason this off season they decide to drive into the ditch and crash. -->After the 2020 season they could of extended Mayfield,<-- he was coming off his best season so his future looked bright...right? Yet they didn't , they only applied the 5th year option and this off season they lost their way completely. Trading away 6 picks including 3 years worth of first round picks for Watson and a 6th. Watson a cancer who quit on his team, a pervert, someone who didn't even play last season, someone who may not play this season. Then they give him a record breaking 230 million fully guaranteed contract. The contract will have Watson cap hit be 55 million per year ( except this year, which he may not play) that will hamstring resigning their players of note or any players of note going forward from 2023 on, while at the same time giving up their best draft capitol for 3 years in a row. How in Gods green earth do they see this working out?
The collateral damage was Mayfields career which is in the dumpster now. Seems to me it would of been a better course to extend Mayfield, but you got to think the Browns had reasons not to do so ( maybe he doesn't behave like an adult for example). The Watson trade was so enormously a bad idea on so many levels but the Browns just can't help being the Browns.

trainwreck GIF

Well judging by his '21 season it was wise of the Browns not to give him a long term extension after the '20 season.

Didn't you call him a bust is a different thread? I know a Seahawks fan said that. If that wasn't you my bad.

But if it was how can you call him a bust then turn around and say the Browns should have extended him?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well judging by his '21 season it was wise of the Browns not to give him a long term extension after the '20 season.

Didn't you call him a bust is a different thread? I know a Seahawks fan said that. If that wasn't you my bad.

But if it was how can you call him a bust then turn around and say the Browns should have extended him?
Yes I called him a bust and yes I say that the Browns should of extended him after 2020. Seems confusing? Yes I can see how it would. His 2020 season was decent ( not great ) and a big step forward from his 2019 season. The Browns were building towards being a contender ( not yet there) , and building around Mayfield. To not extend him was a no confidence move by the Browns. They could have extended him and still allow themselves an out after a couple of seasons. That contract would of keep them from what I consider the single worse off season move the Browns have ever done. Trading a arm,a leg, a first born for a QB that has trouble written all over him. All ready Cleveland citizens are protesting the trade:

The ill repute that Watson carries is going end up on the whole organization. It's going to bring disdain for the Browns as being so desperate that they would do ANYTHING to replace Mayfield even trade for a QB who quit on his team, even trade for a QB that appears to be a pervert, even trade for a QB who didn't play in 2021 and may not play in 2022, even give up a king ransom for him, even give him a contract that is mind boggling large, even guarantee ever dollar of the contract, So now they traded their premium draft capitol for 3 years, have tap out their cap space (after this season), have destroyed Mayfield trade value. In addition they enable Watson to try and circumvent the punishment he so richly deserves

So I see a train wreck about to happen. I don't see how extending Baker could have possibly worked out as bad as this situation is. If I was a Browns fan I would feel like slitting my throat. Much to my surprise dtgold88 has been a Watson apologist and a Browns apologist, and someone who claims "nothing to see here folks" defending , deflecting ever step of the conversation.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll never release him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see a train wreck about to happen. I don't see how extending Baker could have possibly worked out as bad as this situation is. If I was a Browns fan I would feel like slitting my throat.
That would then indicate you have a serious mental issue and take sports waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would then indicate you have a serious mental issue and take sports waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
IDK about the mental issues, but yeah I probably do take football a tad to seriously.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no idea what the Browns will really put together next season.

But rest assured they'll fuck something up. I mean we can all count on that, at least.

It's the one bonding moment I can have with most of the forum.