• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns signed a deal with the devil. We will see how that ends up going for them. So far looks like some rough waters and they haven't shown themselves as an organization that is capable enough of successfully navigating increasingly rough waters.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no idea what the Browns will really put together next season.

But rest assured they'll fuck something up. I mean we can all count on that, at least.

It's the one bonding moment I can have with most of the forum.
These Browns are different.

They finally seem to have a good FO and head coach.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the-office-michael-scott.gif

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a legit legal case? The Grand Jury voted No Bill, so no criminal charges. All of the women are represented by a sleazebag lawyer. Probably some truth here, but how much is just greed looking for a big payday?

Full disclosure: I'm divorced, so I HATE all lawyers.
To be honest, I was right the first time. My lawyer was just as much of a soul-sucking bitch as hers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can anyone even question that is was done to help him. Of course it was.

edit: nvm I just saw who the no vote was. He’s is getting into RTK territory with his blind homerism.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but I never said they've done nothing to help him. This is just you moving the goal posts....again.

I've only tried to educate you and others the notion the $1 mil base in 2022 was done to help him out if he were suspended as this is incorrect....unless you think Garrett, Ward and others are targets to be suspended.

The latest was you called it collusion and don't seem to be able to explain how as nthing they did was secret nor illegal
"If you NEVER said they've done nothing", does that mean they've done something?

Untwist yourself because your command of the English language is getting worse with every twisted post.

Got to love this forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Browns drafted Nick Chubb I started rooting for them and they were on the path for success. Then for some reason this off season they decide to drive into the ditch and crash. After the 2020 season they could of extended Mayfield, he was coming off his best season so his future looked bright...right? Yet they didn't , they only applied the 5th year option and this off season they lost their way completely. Trading away 6 picks including 3 years worth of first round picks for Watson and a 6th. Watson a cancer who quit on his team, a pervert, someone who didn't even play last season, someone who may not play this season. Then they give him a record breaking 230 million fully guaranteed contract. The contract will have Watson cap hit be 55 million per year ( except this year, which he may not play) that will hamstring resigning their players of note or any players of note going forward from 2023 on, while at the same time giving up their best draft capitol for 3 years in a row. How in Gods green earth do they see this working out?
The collateral damage was Mayfields career which is in the dumpster now. Seems to me it would of been a better course to extend Mayfield, but you got to think the Browns had reasons not to do so ( maybe he doesn't behave like an adult for example). The Watson trade was so enormously a bad idea on so many levels but the Browns just can't help being the Browns.

trainwreck GIF
This is the new and improved Brown FO.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so watson was a good signing?:suds:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made an immoral choice when they hired Watson. Bigger stuff has happened in the NFL.
How big a deal is it to help him now that they have him on the team?

Too late for the high road.....

Yeah this is how I see it as well. I always rooted for the Browns, they have great fans who deserve better. But not after this signing, there is no high road to take when you sign a guy like this.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Despite these allegations. He's a top 5-8 QB in the League and an upgrade over Mayfield.

Teams are always looking to improve.
u sure about that :suds:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports a 24th civil lawsuit will be filed against Deshaun Watson.​

It's the second lawsuit filed against Watson this week. The two new suits are the first since the first 22 were filed in 2021. Watson has fully participated in Browns' OTAs and will be allowed to practice until the start of the season if he's suspended. Commissioner Roger Goodell said in May the league was "nearing the end of the investigative period" of Watson’s case under its personal conduct policy.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u sure about that :suds:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports a 24th civil lawsuit will be filed against Deshaun Watson.​

It's the second lawsuit filed against Watson this week. The two new suits are the first since the first 22 were filed in 2021. Watson has fully participated in Browns' OTAs and will be allowed to practice until the start of the season if he's suspended. Commissioner Roger Goodell said in May the league was "nearing the end of the investigative period" of Watson’s case under its personal conduct policy.
Yep.

Civil, not criminal.....They'll be settled for money, not prison time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Despite these allegations. He's a top 5-8 QB in the League and an upgrade over Mayfield.

Teams are always looking to improve.
True he may be a top 5-8 QB? Even with all the picks and guarenteed $ given up, as well as possible suspension time you really think the Browns made a GOOD signing?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True he may be a top 5-8 QB? Even with all the picks and guarenteed $ given up, as well as possible suspension time you really think the Browns made a GOOD signing?
They traded for him and yes I do.

BM helped them get to within a grasp of the AFC title game......but with Watson? They have very real chance to get to the SB within the life of his contract with Cleveland. Not sure if they can win one, but they can get there with him and the talent they have assembled.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading away 6 picks including 3 years worth of first round picks for Watson and a 6th. Watson a cancer who quit on his team, a pervert, someone who didn't even play last season, someone who may not play this season. Then they give him a record breaking 230 million fully guaranteed contract. The contract will have Watson cap hit be 55 million per year ( except this year, which he may not play) that will hamstring resigning their players of note or any players of note going forward from 2023 on, while at the same time giving up their best draft capitol for 3 years in a row. How in Gods green earth do they see this working out?
Agree completely with this. Cannot believe a team would give up so much for ONE player. Besides the fact that Watson has not really proven anything. So he has a top QB rating … big deal. Don’t see how that translates into good strategy for the Browns. Good luck Browns, you’re going to need it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for him and yes I do.

BM helped them get to within a grasp of the AFC title game......but with Watson? They have very real chance to get to the SB within the life of his contract with Cleveland. Not sure if they can win one, but they can get there with him and the talent they have assembled.
But that talent will disappear over the next few years, before the life of his contract is completed. There will be very few top quality draft picks to replace the lost talent.

Browns are really all in for this year. If Watson gets a healthy suspension, by the time he returns he'll be approaching two years of not playing NFL ball.

I don't think it was a good/smart signing based on what they stand to lose.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I called him a bust and yes I say that the Browns should of extended him after 2020. Seems confusing? Yes I can see how it would. His 2020 season was decent ( not great ) and a big step forward from his 2019 season. The Browns were building towards being a contender ( not yet there) , and building around Mayfield. To not extend him was a no confidence move by the Browns. They could have extended him and still allow themselves an out after a couple of seasons. That contract would of keep them from what I consider the single worse off season move the Browns have ever done. Trading a arm,a leg, a first born for a QB that has trouble written all over him. All ready Cleveland citizens are protesting the trade:

The ill repute that Watson carries is going end up on the whole organization. It's going to bring disdain for the Browns as being so desperate that they would do ANYTHING to replace Mayfield even trade for a QB who quit on his team, even trade for a QB that appears to be a pervert, even trade for a QB who didn't play in 2021 and may not play in 2022, even give up a king ransom for him, even give him a contract that is mind boggling large, even guarantee ever dollar of the contract, So now they traded their premium draft capitol for 3 years, have tap out their cap space (after this season), have destroyed Mayfield trade value. In addition they enable Watson to try and circumvent the punishment he so richly deserves

So I see a train wreck about to happen. I don't see how extending Baker could have possibly worked out as bad as this situation is. If I was a Browns fan I would feel like slitting my throat. Much to my surprise dtgold88 has been a Watson apologist and a Browns apologist, and someone who claims "nothing to see here folks" defending , deflecting ever step of the conversation.

"yes I called him a bust and yes I say that the Browns should have extended him 2020"

:laugh3:

Didn't read past that and nothing else needs to be said.