• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get somewhere between 6-8 games.....IMO.
I think that is my guess, but could see anything from nothing to a season still.

Would not be surprised at all if Browns already know what it will be....also would not be surprised if NFL offers to lessen the suspension if Watson would agree to settle the cases (so as to not have this drag on through 2023 and beyond).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize rational comments confuse you, as you think one must have an agenda and be 100% on one side or another for each topic, but I'm not so sure it was "a good signing".

was it necessary to convince Watson to come here? Yes. Might it work out as the FO hopes? also yes....but, sure, it could also backfire which I understand is what you and many others hope will happen.

Should add I'm not so sure the Browns do not have an idea what the suspension (assuming there is one) will be. Yes, this means the Browns may know what the suspension will be.
Did all that babbling make you feel better? Try and stay focused and on topic.

Why do I care if it backfires? It's not as if the Browns have been relevant. Likely won't. See my comments to DJ. That window is more than narrow.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is my guess, but could see anything from nothing to a season still.

Would not be surprised at all if Browns already know what it will be....also would not be surprised if NFL offers to lessen the suspension if Watson would agree to settle the cases (so as to not have this drag on through 2023 and beyond).
I guess it's possible he could miss more, maybe 10-12 games and an outside shot at an entire season.

Brissett is a good enough backup that they could still be competitive......and then dangerous when Watson returns.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd and 3rd rounders never ever turn into a good players.....

LOL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have drafted the better the last few years with this FO.

SMH and LOL.
Subjective at best. I'm not going to two step with you on this topic.

SMH and LOL a team with a terrible track record of recent drafts will/has improved. That's comedygold shit right there. You go put your eggs in that basket LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing yourself is what happens when you attempt to be a grammer Nazi only to continue writting like a 2nd grader. No need to try hard it's actually quite sad and plain as day.

Got to love this forum.
A "grammEr nazi"? You said you COULD care less. I was asking if that was the case, as this implies you really did care a lot when it seemed you were saying you did not care.

FYI, if you are going to call someone a grammEr nazi you may want to learn to spell grammAr correctly. Also might want to spell the word, writing, correctly as well.

If you'd care to point out my actual mistake please feel free. Said there are so many and plain as day yet have not been able to point out any of them. Weird.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed in all of you today.

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

You took some idiot sport writers who doesn’t understand NFL contracts tin hat theory as a fact.

Go look at any major contract signed lately by a QB. Almost every one of them have base salary hits of next to nothing in their first year or two.

In the last 2 years of Patrick Mahomes contracts he will have got paid by the Chiefs over $60M in take home pay. His base salary was less than $1M in both of those season. He will earn $30m this season from the Chiefs. His base salary is $1.5m.

Since it was a Seahawks fan who started this thread: Jamal Adams last year and this year will get paid $35M from Seattle. But he earned only $1M in base salary last year and $2M in base salary this year. So we need to start a thread:

Are the Seahawks colluding with Adams by reducing his base salary in case of a possible looming PED suspension?

Because that is as legit of an assumption as this one is. The simple fact of the matter is that if Watson’s base salary was anything more than a couple million dollars in year one THAT would have made it a surprise and look strange compared to other NFL contracts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen their track record of draft picks. That's when they had multiple 1st rounders for multiple years and failed miserably.

Are you expecting them to magically change with fewer and lower picks?

LOL
I would be worried if the same people were making the picks you think were failed picks. If you think THIS regime has failed on any picks please feel free to point them out.

FYI, it's looking like this regime has done better than previous regimes with lower picks. THIS regime drafted lower in 2021 and seemed to hit on their top pick which was all the way down at 26. Also their next one in late round 2 (Newsome and JOK).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way victims keep comining out daily, I doubt they know what the Czar will hand out for a punishment. Throw on top of that how the Browns have spurned him with the 1M $ contract and it likely increase every day. Rog doesn't like being made to look the fool. He's as vindictave as they come.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subjective at best. I'm not going to two step with you on this topic.

SMH and LOL a team with a terrible track record of recent drafts will/has improved. That's comedygold shit right there. You go put your eggs in that basket LOL
OK, it's subjective but you seem to have come to the conclusion they cannot draft well....never mind this regime has never had multiple first rounders and failed like previous regimes.

The comedy gold in all this is you cannot name one pick THIS regime made in which you think they failed. But, sure, guys from 2-3 regimes ago messed up so this one will too?

Yes...ya gotta love this forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A "grammEr nazi"? You said you COULD care less. I was asking if that was the case, as this implies you really did care a lot when it seemed you were saying you did not care.

FYI, if you are going to call someone a grammEr nazi you may want to learn to spell grammAr correctly. Also might want to spell the word, writing, correctly as well.

If you'd care to point out my actual mistake please feel free. Said there are so many and plain as day yet have not been able to point out any of them. Weird.
You're kidding right?

Are capital letters not used to start sentances any longer? Do you not capitalize titles?
What do find the rules for using four + ....?
Run on sentances?
Improper use of commas.
Are spelling errors and grammAr the same thing?

Do I need to go on?

Give the backpeddaling a rest. You got called out for trying to be a grammAr Nazi and now look like an Ass.

Thanks for playing, you're the weakest link.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed in all of you today.

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

You took some idiot sport writers who doesn’t understand NFL contracts tin hat theory as a fact.

Go look at any major contract signed lately by a QB. Almost every one of them have base salary hits of next to nothing in their first year or two.

In the last 2 years of Patrick Mahomes contracts he will have got paid by the Chiefs over $60M in take home pay. His base salary was less than $1M in both of those season. He will earn $30m this season from the Chiefs. His base salary is $1.5m.

Since it was a Seahawks fan who started this thread: Jamal Adams last year and this year will get paid $35M from Seattle. But he earned only $1M in base salary last year and $2M in base salary this year. So we need to start a thread:

Are the Seahawks colluding with Adams by reducing his base salary in case of a possible looming PED suspension?

Because that is as legit of an assumption as this one is. The simple fact of the matter is that if Watson’s base salary was anything more than a couple million dollars in year one THAT would have made it a surprise and look strange compared to other NFL contracts.
Other than being disappointed in ALL of us that is spot on. A few of us understand Watson's deal with minimal base in year 1 is common for large extensions.

Honestly, what is confusing to me is why so many spew this factually incorrect information, learn it is factually incorrect and continue to repeat it as though it's true.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way victims keep comining out daily, I doubt they know what the Czar will hand out for a punishment. Throw on top of that how the Browns have spurned him with the 1M $ contract and it likely increase every day. Rog doesn't like being made to look the fool. He's as vindictave as they come.
haha....I wonder if you were writing that last part at the same time I wrote this - "what is confusing to me is why so many spew this factually incorrect information, learn it is factually incorrect and continue to repeat it as though it's true."

Rog wont be handing down the initial punishment. Think her name is Robinson (Lori, perhaps).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, it's subjective but you seem to have come to the conclusion they cannot draft well....never mind this regime has never had multiple first rounders and failed like previous regimes.

The comedy gold in all this is you cannot name one pick THIS regime made in which you think they failed. But, sure, guys from 2-3 regimes ago messed up so this one will too?

Yes...ya gotta love this forum.
0-4 in SBs
Years of ineptness
Terrible drafting and trades...

I think that shows a little more than just a trend.

I know where I'll put my money.

Oh and I am having a hard time following your logic. One minute no picks helped BM bring the Browns to a playoff game they lost.

Now the FO didn't fail.

Got to love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding right?

Are capital letters not used to start sentances any longer? Do you not capitalize titles?
What do find the rules for using four + ....?
Run on sentances?
Improper use of commas.
Are spelling errors and grammAr the same thing?

Do I need to go on?

Give the backpeddaling a rest. You got called out for trying to be a grammAr Nazi and now look like an Ass.

Thanks for playing, you're the weakest link.
It's true there are times the capital doesn't work and I don't feel the need to go back and change it....likely because it wont change the context of what I wrote. You know, like if you say could care less if you really couldn't. Just wanted to know which it was (and you still never answered).

Not even sure what you meant with this comment - "What do find the rules for using four + ....?" Please translate.

Feel free to show my improper use of commas if you'd like.

Do you "need" to go on? No, but I hope you do as it's pure comedy all the mistakes you make in spelling, punctuation, grammAr, etc. when trying to correct mine.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-4 in SBs
Years of ineptness
Terrible drafting and trades...

I think that shows a little more than just a trend.

I know where I'll put my money.

Oh and I am having a hard time following your logic. One minute no picks helped BM bring the Browns to a playoff game they lost.

Now the FO didn't fail.

Got to love this forum.
0-4 in SBs? In 2 seasons (one of which they made the playoffs after a 6-10 disaster)? as for the Baker comment, why are you all over the place and having a hard time keeping up with...well.....yourself.

Once again, if they are so bad at picking please name one player you think was a bad pick.

Seriously, are you just messing with me? Is this an episode of SportsHoopla Punked?

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per comedygold88 defensive players don't help win games.

Three players taking up the majority of cap space is not a bysiness plan for success. Especially when there are lmited draft picks to fill the gaps.
Wow. when did I say say "defensive players don't help win game." I mean, if you are going to just lie, you should do better.

How much does it suck for you that even if the comments you make up were true they would not be as foolish as your actual comments? Like saying Baker is a bust but the Browns were dumb not to extend him.

Yes, ya gotta love this forum

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's possible he could miss more, maybe 10-12 games and an outside shot at an entire season.

Brissett is a good enough backup that they could still be competitive......and then dangerous when Watson returns.
If it's 10-12 games or more not sure how much I'd like our chances to stay afloat with Brissett (why I think they'd consider baker if that long). I'd think differently if we were in a weak division.