• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How cute.

To the first part, I have answered it multiple times. If you wish to ignore it that is on you. I get it, you're scared of a direct question.

To your second part, It's a much much shorter list if I name those that weren't busts. From 2021 the only one living up to a high pick was Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

To answer your third dance in this post alone. You did or it was at least a form of it....

To answer your final dance of the night, it has been answered by many of us. In many different ways. You're just chosing to not see that as you continue to twist it.

My dance card is now full. I'm danced out. Go find another partner to two step with till your hearts content.

I'll check back and laugh at you again later.

Got to love this forum, it's true comedy gold
Maybe I should play your game when it comes to the third one and just lie about what you said. Remember when you said Baker was a bust AND the Browns should extend him?

Oh, crap....you actually did say that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed in all of you today.

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

You took some idiot sport writers who doesn’t understand NFL contracts tin hat theory as a fact.

Go look at any major contract signed lately by a QB. Almost every one of them have base salary hits of next to nothing in their first year or two.

In the last 2 years of Patrick Mahomes contracts he will have got paid by the Chiefs over $60M in take home pay. His base salary was less than $1M in both of those season. He will earn $30m this season from the Chiefs. His base salary is $1.5m.

Since it was a Seahawks fan who started this thread: Jamal Adams last year and this year will get paid $35M from Seattle. But he earned only $1M in base salary last year and $2M in base salary this year. So we need to start a thread:

Are the Seahawks colluding with Adams by reducing his base salary in case of a possible looming PED suspension?

Because that is as legit of an assumption as this one is. The simple fact of the matter is that if Watson’s base salary was anything more than a couple million dollars in year one THAT would have made it a surprise and look strange compared to other NFL contracts.
So...your going to ignore the clause in the contract that says:

• Language exists that will not forfeit signing bonus or void future guarantees upon suspension
Which means out of the 10 million Watson earns in 2022 only one million is subjected to the suspension.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Language exists that will not forfeit signing bonus or void future guarantees upon suspension
Which means out of the 10 million Watson earns in 2022 only one million is subjected to the suspension.
It's not either or. One can understand that clause is in the contract to help Watson, but still not spew the misinformation about why his first year base is so low.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol seeing brownie fans in complete disarray before July is too much fun. "W-W-WE GOT JACOBY BRISSETT, WE'LL BE JUST FINE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!" :laugh:

and lol at you, remembering some exchange on here from well over a month ago that clearly got your jimmies rustled. don't worry, that ketchup stain will come right out of your PJ Tucker jersey, squeaky. Back to your chicken nuggets and welch's grape.

cute-little-boy-in-a-cafe-or-restaurant-video-id1254124897

Disarray? All I did was ask you if you think the Browns would keep three QB's on the roster. But to no surprise you won't answer that question.

Since you're obviously too stupid to figure this out on your own here's a hint.

I'm making fun of you saying you could beat PJ Tucker up. You're such an internet badass.

So you incorrectly claim I was upset about something but you don't know what it was? In other words you're lying, making things up. Don't ever change. You're an entertaining clown.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not either or. One can understand that clause is in the contract to help Watson, but still not spew the misinformation about why his first year base is so low.
A) My comment was directed at another poster
B) The clause shows there was intent to assist Watson dodge financial loss, so regardless of other players contracts, a small base salary does assist Watson dodge the pain financially and was at the least part of the reason it was so small.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am super-duper hoping suspensions delay until next year.
So he can lose millions per week while he is suspended.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am super-duper hoping suspensions delay until next year.
So he can lose millions per week while he is suspended.
You are going to be super disappointed when the Browns convert $44.8M of Watson's 2023 salary into a signing bonus to help their current cap situation and, (by way of complete coincidence), prevent Watson from losing out on millions.

I will also be disappointed, but it's NFL business.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to be super disappointed when the Browns convert $44.8M of Watson's 2023 salary into a signing bonus to help their current cap situation and, (by way of complete coincidence), prevent Watson from losing out on millions.

I will also be disappointed, but it's NFL business.
well I knew I would be disappointed anyways., but you do bring up a good point. I didnt think of, if somehow they could delay the suspension :(

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I knew I would be disappointed anyways., but you do bring up a good point. I didnt think of, if somehow they could delay the suspension :(
I suspect the NFL will delay announcing a suspension so that it ends up running over 2 seasons. Watson won't be hurt, but the Browns will.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for him and yes I do.

BM helped them get to within a grasp of the AFC title game......but with Watson? They have very real chance to get to the SB within the life of his contract with Cleveland. Not sure if they can win one, but they can get there with him and the talent they have assembled.
Great. A #MeToo super bowl.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should play your game when it comes to the third one and just lie about what you said. Remember when you said Baker was a bust AND the Browns should extend him?

Oh, crap....you actually did say that.
Care to show me where I said that? Go ahead, I'll wait.

I've been playing you with 1# test and it's fun to watch you flop on the deck.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns knew exactly how many games he will be suspended before they made the deal.

I doubt the Browns would have made the deal if they knew it was more than 8 games.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That language is standard in most team's contracts.

Go read up on the Randy Gregory contract. When the Cowboys tried to add language into his contract that would have made those guarantees in Gregory's contract void upon suspension, he literally told them to go fuck themselves and signed with Denver. That right there tells you just how standard that language is around the league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go read up on the Randy Gregory contract. When the Cowboys tried to add language into his contract that would have made those guarantees in Gregory's contract void upon suspension, he literally told them to go fuck themselves and signed with Denver. That right there tells you just how standard that language is around the league.
No it's not standard language. In fact I challenge you to find another contract with that language in it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not standard to be put into players contracts.
Not only is it not standard, the Gregory cobtract issue with Dallas is the team added in writing a suspension would take back money.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not standard language. In fact I challenge you to find another contract with that language in it.

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/03/17/cowboys-randy-gregory-confirms-contract-language-issue/#:~:text=Gregory's%20camp%20brought%20up%20that,said%20%E2%80%9Cf***%20them.%E2%80%9D

Gregory’s camp brought up that voiding a guarantee for fines is not in any other NFL teams’ contracts and the Cowboys responded by saying it’s in every deal of theirs except Prescott’s. When the now Bronco learned of the new language being added to the contract, he allegedly said “f*** them.”

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://thelandryhat.com/2022/03/17/cowboys-randy-gregory-confirms-contract-language-issue/#:~:text=Gregory's%20camp%20brought%20up%20that,said%20%E2%80%9Cf***%20them.%E2%80%9D

Gregory’s camp brought up that voiding a guarantee for fines is not in any other NFL teams’ contracts and the Cowboys responded by saying it’s in every deal of theirs except Prescott’s. When the now Bronco learned of the new language being added to the contract, he allegedly said “f*** them.”
That's not what is in Watson contract. His contract guarantees he WON'T forfeit signing bonus or future guarantees. Now find me a contract that says that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference in Watsons and Gregory's (Dallas contract offer) is Watsons protects him, while Gregory's just reinforced what would happen anyway.

Dallas DID NOT need to add that stipulation and is why they lost him. If Gregory thinks the Broncos can't recoup money if suspended, he's only fooling himself.