• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I called him a bust and yes I say that the Browns should of extended him after 2020. Seems confusing? Yes I can see how it would. His 2020 season was decent ( not great ) and a big step forward from his 2019 season. The Browns were building towards being a contender ( not yet there) , and building around Mayfield. To not extend him was a no confidence move by the Browns. They could have extended him and still allow themselves an out after a couple of seasons. That contract would of keep them from what I consider the single worse off season move the Browns have ever done. Trading a arm,a leg, a first born for a QB that has trouble written all over him. All ready Cleveland citizens are protesting the trade:

The ill repute that Watson carries is going end up on the whole organization. It's going to bring disdain for the Browns as being so desperate that they would do ANYTHING to replace Mayfield even trade for a QB who quit on his team, even trade for a QB that appears to be a pervert, even trade for a QB who didn't play in 2021 and may not play in 2022, even give up a king ransom for him, even give him a contract that is mind boggling large, even guarantee ever dollar of the contract, So now they traded their premium draft capitol for 3 years, have tap out their cap space (after this season), have destroyed Mayfield trade value. In addition they enable Watson to try and circumvent the punishment he so richly deserves

So I see a train wreck about to happen. I don't see how extending Baker could have possibly worked out as bad as this situation is. If I was a Browns fan I would feel like slitting my throat. Much to my surprise dtgold88 has been a Watson apologist and a Browns apologist, and someone who claims "nothing to see here folks" defending , deflecting ever step of the conversation.
Up until they signed this asshole Watson, I've been pulling for the Browns for the last3 years.
Now, I hope they lose every fucking game.
Any parent that gets within a handshake of that asshole should not allow his son/daughter to ask for Watson autograph. I hope they teach their kids that this asshole is not a role model or player they would want to meet or cheer for.

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

View attachment 304836

Not to be rude but is reading comprehension and issue for you? Because I clearly said I don't know anyone back home that was drinking the Mayfield koolaid.
Yes dummy. I wasn't accusing them of that. I was saying that when you're a fan of a cursed franchise, you have low expectations. The Browns suckfest is in many ways similar to the Jets suckfest.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say its time to just dismantle the browns. Get rid of the organization. They can't run a football program to beginning with and this Watson crap just proves they can't operate. All non-watson players will be released and given the option to sign with other teams.

Next year, the NFL can start over with making a franchise somewhere completely not cleveland.

• Facepalm
Reactions: DJ

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Jimmy G. Not a huge fan of his but he is good fit for cleveland.
I'm thinking anything more than 8 they need to seriously consider another option at QB. JG seems like a decent fit.

But to get him might have to trade and not wait for release. Not sure they'd spend that much (maybe SF eats a good portion?).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say its time to just dismantle the browns. Get rid of the organization. They can't run a football program to beginning with and this Watson crap just proves they can't operate. All non-watson players will be released and given the option to sign with other teams.

Next year, the NFL can start over with making a franchise somewhere completely not cleveland.

They have the most cap space in the nfl. But yea...can't run a team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until they signed this asshole Watson, I've been pulling for the Browns for the last3 years.
Now, I hope they lose every fucking game.
Any parent that gets within a handshake of that asshole should not allow his son/daughter to ask for Watson autograph. I hope they teach their kids that this asshole is not a role model or player they would want to meet or cheer for.
agree not a role model (far from it)....I also hope they teach their daughters if ever in a situation they don't like that they can leave they should leave.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking anything more than 8 they need to seriously consider another option at QB. JG seems like a decent fit.

But to get him might have to trade and not wait for release. Not sure they'd spend that much (maybe SF eats a good portion?).

Split it half half maybe? Maybe ten for cleveland and 14 for SF SU

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no award for that, ya know.

Nope. But the team was some rough calls away from an afc title appearance 2 years ago. Yet have the most cap space. That shows shrewd moves were made.

The Watson deal was most definitely not one however

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But the team was some rough calls away from an afc title appearance 2 years ago. Yet have the most cap space. That shows shrewd moves were made.

The Watson deal was most definitely not one however
If you subscribe to the notion that the Browns are a cursed franchise, the QB position is where a ton of the damage is done.

well...the reward is cap space. They are among the top spenders AND have the most cap space but, sure, they cannot run a team.
Results, baby.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you subscribe to the notion that the Browns are a cursed franchise, the QB position is where a ton of the damage is done.

Results, baby.

Not cursed really. A lot of bad decision making over the years.

The worst being constantly deferring taking a qb top 5

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Results, baby.
OK. The results for THIS regime is they took over a team that had been 3-13, 1-15, 0-16, 7-8-1 and 6-10 (17-62-1) and have gone 19-14.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HYPOTHETICAL:

Let's say the ruling isn't announced by the end of the week. Then Watson goes out there tomorrow night and tears his acl in the first series.
Now a one year suspension has no teeth, because he can't play anyway. And the one year without pay already has no teeth because he's only making a buck this year.

Under such a circumstance, could the suspension be imposed for 2024, instead?

Have the Browns really thought this through?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HYPOTHETICAL:

Let's say the ruling isn't announced by the end of the week. Then Watson goes out there tomorrow night and tears his acl in the first series.
Now a one year suspension has no teeth, because he can't play anyway. And the one year without pay already has no teeth because he's only making a buck this year.

Under such a circumstance, could the suspension be imposed for 2024, instead?

That would be ridiculous.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not cursed really. A lot of bad decision making over the years.

The worst being constantly deferring taking a qb top 5
No doubt a lot of bad decisions but is this really true about the QBs and top 5? Deferred once to take Garrett. Deferred another time to get a boatload of picks to not take Wentz. Other top 5 they did take Couch so need to take a QB the following draft.

Now, for sure they botched the #1 they had on Coleman in the Wentz deal but making the deal was smart. Also botched the Warren pick. and, not top 5, but maybe should have just taken watson when they had the chance.

The Manziel and Justin Gilbert draft, though? Ugh.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have the most cap space in the nfl. But yea...can't run a team.
screw the cap. These players can sign anywhere at any price. One year rental and the NFL can fix the cap next year with one less team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw the cap. These players can sign anywhere at any price. One year rental and the NFL can fix the cap next year with one less team.

Your point was they are poorly run. My point is they are not.

Is this an actual legitimate point you're making?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point was they are poorly run. My point is they are not.

Is this an actual legitimate point you're making?
Someone says poorly run overall since we came back who would disagree? But THIS regime the last 2+ years? Even if Watson burns them (and a long way from that being a reality) they have been solid at worst.