• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20220811-173112_Reddit.jpg

Season ticket buyers get this, this is what happens when you give someone 230 million guaranteed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 304856

Season ticket buyers get this, this is what happens when you give someone 230 million guaranteed
The season ticket holders I know like having the owner spend on players. They don't really care much about the gifts......non season ticket holders complain, though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season ticket holders I know like having the owner spend on players. They don't really care much about the gifts......non season ticket holders complain, though.

Exactly. My cousin and her husband are season ticket holders. Never heard them say- I really wish the team had more promotional junk to give away.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone says poorly run overall since we came back who would disagree? But THIS regime the last 2+ years? Even if Watson burns them (and a long way from that being a reality) they have been solid at worst.

Obviously a shit show for much of the last 2 decades. But as now it's been well run of late.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a shit show for much of the last 2 decades. But as now it's been well run of late.

From their return in '99 until just a couple of years ago they were the league example for dysfunction.

People can criticize the DW signing. Hell I do. But from a pure on field perspective he's a helluva upgrade from BM.

But he's a public relations super nightmare.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From their return in '99 until just a couple of years ago they were the league example for dysfunction.

People can criticize the DW signing. Hell I do. But from a pure on field perspective he's a helluva upgrade from BM.

But he's a public relations super nightmare.

It's a huge risk

It's going to be a great gamble or a terrible one. Not going to fall in between

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. My cousin and her husband are season ticket holders. Never heard them say- I really wish the team had more promotional junk to give away.
Brother has them and couldn't care less what they get. In a group chat with a few people, though, and one of those without tickets complains for him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brother has them and couldn't care less what they get. In a group chat with a few people, though, and one of those without tickets complains for him.

If I was a season ticker holder I wouldn't want the team to spend the extra money on stuff like that.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, same here. Vikings season ticket holders are so far in the tank for the team that they justify extending Kirk Cousins over and over again with "At least the Wilfs spend money!" even though that money might be poorly spent on a mediocre QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely their billionaire owner will be OK and they just wanted the player. Whether that works out or not is another story.

That said, maybe the Browns were not made aware of the suits that occurred after the Browns made the deal for him?
Billionaires are billionaires because they don't like losing money. I bet your owner feels like Watson screwed him over.

This entire thing oozes of desperation. Just like many of your waffling posts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking anything more than 8 they need to seriously consider another option at QB. JG seems like a decent fit.

But to get him might have to trade and not wait for release. Not sure they'd spend that much (maybe SF eats a good portion?).
Oh the irony.

Not like Cleveland would over spend for a player.

Damn how much Kool Aid can you possibly drink?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a season ticker holder I wouldn't want the team to spend the extra money on stuff like that.
Why it's not like it's going against the cap?

It's a friggen $1 painter cap. Geeze have a little respect. The guy has pretty much squandered $230M and can't spend a few advertising bucks on some decent apparel for his season ticket holders? Money that is a business write off?

Then again with the cost of a Browns season ticket going from $55-$90 I can somewhat see him being this cheap.

Hell I've paid that for parking at real sport venues.

How can anyone keep saying this org is being run well now?

Kareem Hunt wants out. Many big contracts coming up over the next few seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billionaires are billionaires because they don't like losing money. I bet your owner feels like Watson screwed him over.

This entire thing oozes of desperation. Just like many of your waffling posts.
You deserve a pat on the head, at least, for not lying in your comment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why it's not like it's going against the cap?

It's a friggen $1 painter cap. Geeze have a little respect. The guy has pretty much squandered $230M and can't spend a few advertising bucks on some decent apparel for his season ticket holders? Money that is a business write off?

Then again with the cost of a Browns season ticket going from $55-$90 I can somewhat see him being this cheap.

Hell I've paid that for parking at real sport venues.

How can anyone keep saying this org is being run well now?

Kareem Hunt wants out. Many big contracts coming up over the next few seasons.
The ones who seem to cry about this are those not affected.

FYI, the Browns are among the cheapest tickets in the league.

Oh, no....an NFL player wants to be traded in the last year of his deal knowing his current team likely wont extend him. That never happens.

Try harder. Maybe lie about the draft picks again?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...spinner says you ain't lying here
touche, but It's his opinion and not one I can point out as factually incorrect. Like many of his others.

are you on retainer to kiss his ass?