• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero reason to do it when you are $40M under. Again, give him $21M in year one and you are still $20M under the cap. Clearly a big part was to help him.

Pointing out other examples doesn't prove anything. Like I said every team does it with most players, but this situation is different for all the reasons I pointed out. This is a very unique situation. Garrett wasn't even signed this year and when he was signed he was signed thinking they'd need to sign Baker or another QB to a huge deal so it made more sense. Now they have everyone done for the year including the single biggest cap position that teams need to create space for and still have $40M in cap space. Sorry, but refusing to admit the obvious isn't a great look and IMO this one is so over the top obvious.
OK, but they did it for Garrett who is not under threat of suspension. almost seems like they are worrying about next year....next year.

I agree completely with your last comment, FYI. I feel like you'll get there at some point though I have my doubts.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe browns aint so dumb:suds:

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio believes the Browns could void Deshaun Watson's contract if he's suspended for conduct related to the latest allegations against him.​

Florio said Watson's contract with Cleveland -- which made him the highest paid player in NFL history -- "exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league" in connection with the known sexual assault allegations known to the team at the time of the signing. On Monday, a 24th lawsuit was filed against Watson for sexual assault, the second lawsuit against Watson in a week. Florio said "if Watson eventually is suspended for the conduct alleged in the 24th lawsuit, the Browns possibly will be able to void his guarantees and move on from him, and possibly to recover a significant portion of his signing bonus." Such a dramatic turn of events, Florio added, is hardly guaranteed. Such a move would allow the Browns to move on from Watson without him ever taking a snap for the team. The organization's public image has been tarnished whether or not Watson takes the field for the Browns. We could see the team make quick amends with Baker Mayfield if Watson is lost for the season -- or longer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY FN SHIT! Seriously? How many times can you guys make your same argument and not change the other persons mind and just keep going regardless? Who the F cares at this point? Watson is a colossal douchebag. There is no Fn way he is innocent in all these. Some of these women are in this for just a pay day and didn't have anything happen to them. The Browns assisted Watson this year and every other year by guaranteeing the contract in full because fines are usually associated with game checks, not bonuses or guaranteed money.

Give the FN money grabbers their money, he can afford 24 million to make this go away. Take his punishment from the league. Never go to a female masseuse again, use dudes, and then just jizz all over your girlfriend Watson, who I can't believe is still with this jackass, except that I assume she is after a money grab too.

Now you can all go your damn separate ways!
I do wonder if the NFL has offered to greatly reduce his punishment if he'll settle this and end it......no doubt they don't want this in the news in 2023 and beyond. Even though he has that kind of cash, I'm not sure I'd offer $24 mil.

Not an attorney....if he does settle with the current 24 is there anything to stop others from coming forward for their payday? I'm sure they can make it so the same lawyer cannot represent them but what about another one?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find your own spinned version. The burden of proof is on you. It's not like you haven't set a precedence for being wrong, self admitted here multiple times.
The burden of proof is on me to find something I don't think exists?

It's comments like that why I'd never say you cannot top your own irrational. I have faith in you that you can always dig deeper. FYI, that precedence kind of means if I'm wrong I'll own it. You OTOH........?

Ya gotta love this forum.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The burden of proof is on me to find something I don't think exists?

It's comments like that why I'd never say you cannot top your own irrational. I have faith in you that you can always dig deeper. FYI, that precedence kind of means if I'm wrong I'll own it. You OTOH........?

Ya gotta love this forum.
The precedence is very simple. It means you've established a pattern of being wrong. We know like most things it's difficult for you to comprehend.

Keep spinning though

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY FN SHIT! Seriously? How many times can you guys make your same argument and not change the other persons mind and just keep going regardless? Who the F cares at this point? Watson is a colossal douchebag. There is no Fn way he is innocent in all these. Some of these women are in this for just a pay day and didn't have anything happen to them. The Browns assisted Watson this year and every other year by guaranteeing the contract in full because fines are usually associated with game checks, not bonuses or guaranteed money.

Give the FN money grabbers their money, he can afford 24 million to make this go away. Take his punishment from the league. Never go to a female masseuse again, use dudes, and then just jizz all over your girlfriend Watson, who I can't believe is still with this jackass, except that I assume she is after a money grab too.

Now you can all go your damn separate ways!
Thank you for your contribution here. Must be the offseason, it's been pretty much this tap dance or the usual RTK shock value.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder if the NFL has offered to greatly reduce his punishment if he'll settle this and end it......no doubt they don't want this in the news in 2023 and beyond. Even though he has that kind of cash, I'm not sure I'd offer $24 mil.

Not an attorney....if he does settle with the current 24 is there anything to stop others from coming forward for their payday? I'm sure they can make it so the same lawyer cannot represent them but what about another one?
If his lawyer is smart, he would say that anything that happened between these dates and these dates, have to be filed right now, otherwise, if not filed, then any new woman that comes forward from an instance from between those dates is shit out of luck. If it is something that happens after those dates, well, that is a different story.

His lawyer should be like, we will settle, and be very generous to make this go away, but everything that is in is in and any new allegation between those dates are dead if not presented before the civil suit case adjourns.

I am not saying $24 million should specifically be the number, I was just giving a number to make things easy to figure. Don't care what the figure is, I would imagine if it is high, it would be easier to settle and swipe this under the rug. Irregardless, the payout is much more affordable than going to prison, where he belongs.

Imagine where you and I would be if we jizzed on 24 women without their permission?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his lawyer is smart, he would say that anything that happened between these dates and these dates, have to be filed right now, otherwise, if not filed, then any new woman that comes forward from an instance from between those dates is shit out of luck.
except the law doesnt work that way:suds:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe browns aint so dumb:suds:

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio believes the Browns could void Deshaun Watson's contract if he's suspended for conduct related to the latest allegations against him.​

Florio said Watson's contract with Cleveland -- which made him the highest paid player in NFL history -- "exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league" in connection with the known sexual assault allegations known to the team at the time of the signing. On Monday, a 24th lawsuit was filed against Watson for sexual assault, the second lawsuit against Watson in a week. Florio said "if Watson eventually is suspended for the conduct alleged in the 24th lawsuit, the Browns possibly will be able to void his guarantees and move on from him, and possibly to recover a significant portion of his signing bonus." Such a dramatic turn of events, Florio added, is hardly guaranteed. Such a move would allow the Browns to move on from Watson without him ever taking a snap for the team. The organization's public image has been tarnished whether or not Watson takes the field for the Browns. We could see the team make quick amends with Baker Mayfield if Watson is lost for the season -- or longer.
Dude better settle up with #24 real quick because there is zero chance he isn't suspended and if it's a general suspension based on all of the accusations this would be included. That being said, Cle isn't cutting him. They clearly made their decision that if you are good at Football they don't give a crap about 23+ sexual assaults and many other teams have acted similarly with criminals in the past so it's not exactly surprising. BUT, he should still take the possibility away and pay her or be able to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that she was not assaulted...even if just in Goodell's eyes...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The precedence is very simple. It means you've established a pattern of being wrong. We know like most things it's difficult for you to comprehend.

Keep spinning though
I mean, you are wrong here but you wont just own it. To prove you are wrong you want me to find something I don't believe exists.

I really should try this your way. It could be fun. Remember when you said offense didn't matter when it came to winning and also claimed all 24 of Watson's accusers were lying and should go to prison?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his lawyer is smart, he would say that anything that happened between these dates and these dates, have to be filed right now, otherwise, if not filed, then any new woman that comes forward from an instance from between those dates is shit out of luck. If it is something that happens after those dates, well, that is a different story.

His lawyer should be like, we will settle, and be very generous to make this go away, but everything that is in is in and any new allegation between those dates are dead if not presented before the civil suit case adjourns.

I am not saying $24 million should specifically be the number, I was just giving a number to make things easy to figure. Don't care what the figure is, I would imagine if it is high, it would be easier to settle and swipe this under the rug. Irregardless, the payout is much more affordable than going to prison, where he belongs.

Imagine where you and I would be if we jizzed on 24 women without their permission?
Not sure the lawyer even has the power to do that. Could he say he wont represent anyone else? Sure, but he can stop someone else from getting different representation if she wants?

Hard to say the guy belongs in prison when he couldn't even be indicted. But I can agree, say, 250K per could be enough and could make it go away. Might be best for everyone.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his lawyer is smart, he would say that anything that happened between these dates and these dates, have to be filed right now, otherwise, if not filed, then any new woman that comes forward from an instance from between those dates is shit out of luck.
except the law doesnt work that way:suds:
If it is known, you are going to join the civil suit because something happened to you during these dates while giving Watson a massage, then you better file it now. They can't set a time frame on the civil suit and dates it encompasses? So shit can keep coming out years down the road from this time frame, years after he has settled and be forced to do it again?

Excellent.....

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is known, you are going to join the civil suit because something happened to you during these dates while giving Watson a massage, then you better file it now. They can't set a time frame on the civil suit and dates it encompasses? So shit can keep coming out years down the road from this time frame, years after he has settled and be forced to do it again?

Excellent.....

I'm sure there is a statute of limitations, but that isn't set by a lawyer. That's set in the state laws.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude better settle up with #24 real quick because there is zero chance he isn't suspended and if it's a general suspension based on all of the accusations this would be included. That being said, Cle isn't cutting him. They clearly made their decision that if you are good at Football they don't give a crap about 23+ sexual assaults and many other teams have acted similarly with criminals in the past so it's not exactly surprising. BUT, he should still take the possibility away and pay her or be able to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that she was not assaulted...even if just in Goodell's eyes...
I don't know everything about the details of all the other suits but is there a reason he needs to settle up with #24 right away (but not the others)?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent.....

A quick google search shows that the statute of limitations in Texas is 2 years from the alleged offense.

So, if any women were assaulted in early 2022 - they could potentially come forward in early 2024.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty bad if true but, again, wouldn't the defense point out how strange it was she stopped because he got a boner.....but stayed to watch him masturbate AND moved close enough to get squirted?
If you are not getting a happy ending without paying extra for it, and you have to masturbate to get off, can't you just wait until you get home? I mean at this point, who the F even wants to be Watson's teammate?

Maybe he can't wait until he gets home and accidentally jizzes on Myles Garrett?! What then? haha

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are not getting a happy ending without paying extra for it, and you have to masturbate to get off, can't you just wait until you get home? I mean at this point, who the F even wants to be Watson's teammate?

Maybe he can't wait until he gets home and accidentally jizzes on Myles Garrett?! What then? haha
I can certainly agree Watson has some issues/is a pervert. Also seeing so many women made himself and the NFL look bad as it stays in the news.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Responding to my own thread because I just thought of the, "What then!"

season 2 garrett GIF by Siesta Key

undefined - Imgur.gif