• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Browns assisting Watson to

Are the Browns assisting Watson to avoid financial punishment in the event he gets suspended in 2022

• Total voters

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his lawyer is smart, he would say that anything that happened between these dates and these dates, have to be filed right now, otherwise, if not filed, then any new woman that comes forward from an instance from between those dates is shit out of luck. If it is something that happens after those dates, well, that is a different story.

His lawyer should be like, we will settle, and be very generous to make this go away, but everything that is in is in and any new allegation between those dates are dead if not presented before the civil suit case adjourns.

I am not saying $24 million should specifically be the number, I was just giving a number to make things easy to figure. Don't care what the figure is, I would imagine if it is high, it would be easier to settle and swipe this under the rug. Irregardless, the payout is much more affordable than going to prison, where he belongs.

Imagine where you and I would be if we jizzed on 24 women without their permission?
He can't do that. He cannot over rule the statute of limitations.

This case can run full circle be closed by the courts and #25 can come forward.

Now the NFL can say they have made their decision off of the existing evidence, and no other complaints will be used in their determinations

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the NFL can say they have made their decision off of the existing evidence, and no other complaints will be used in their determinations
I would think the NFL would then lean towards a harsh punishment, so as not to look bad if and when more complaints come forward.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the NFL would then lean towards a harsh punishment, so as not to look bad if and when more complaints come forward.
Maybe, or they just say, they had a decision to make, and they wanted to make it ASAP. They can say if they decided to wait, the decision may be two years down the road.

If they do go off of the current evidence only, it would be wise if they announced that info at least 4 weeks in advance to push any others to come forward before it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, or they just say, they had a decision to make, and they wanted to make it ASAP. They can say if they decided to wait, the decision may be two years down the road.

If they do go off of the current evidence only, it would be wise if they announced that info at least 4 weeks in advance to push any others to come forward before it.
NFL has indicated a decision is coming June or July. Should be interesting to see what they decide.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't do that. He cannot over rule the statute of limitations.

This case can run full circle be closed by the courts and #25 can come forward.

Okay, so my suggestion was not real sound advice. Not a lawyer obviously. However, I still may be a better lawyer than Amber Heard's. haha

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know everything about the details of all the other suits but is there a reason he needs to settle up with #24 right away (but not the others)?
Assuming the post I quoted was correct, yes. Being suspended for the original 23 supposedly can't void his contract because they were known at the time of signing. This one (and the next 10 or 20 to come) was not and thus can result in him being cut with guarantees voided

"Florio said Watson's contract with Cleveland -- which made him the highest paid player in NFL history -- "exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league" in connection with the known sexual assault allegations known to the team at the time of the signing."

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so my suggestion was not real sound advice. Not a lawyer obviously. However, I still may be a better lawyer than Amber Heard's. haha
Johnny Depp Goodbye GIF

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't enough words to describe how disgusted I am that my team traded for this guy.

I will always be a Browns fan. But I will never support Watson.
Here's how I handled TO being in Dallas. No I'm not saying what TO did is remotely close to Watson, but he 100% disrespected the STAR, so I took that as personal disrespect.

However when he was in Dallas I wanted him to excel but I wouldn't chear for him, and I wanted his time in Dallas to end.

My suggestion to you is accept the good and wait for his time to end.

Remember the NFL isn't built on choir boys, all teams have thier problem children.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I handled TO being in Dallas. No I'm not saying what TO did is remotely close to Watson, but he 100% disrespected the STAR, so I took that as personal disrespect.

However when he was in Dallas I wanted him to excel but I wouldn't chear for him, and I wanted his time in Dallas to end.

My suggestion to you is accept the good and wait for his time to end.

Remember the NFL isn't built on choir boys, all teams have thier problem children.

Of course I want Watson to be successful in Cleveland. But I don't have to like him. I really like how you mentioned TO though. Great comparison as far as not not liking a player on your team..

But to disrespect the star like that. Self promotional BS from him. Wasn't G. Teague that knocked him on his ass? Still one of my all time NFL highlights. The best though is the butt-fumble. That needs to be in the HOF. Another funny one is AB planting his foot into the Browns punter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that's what they'd do IF they made that determination (no new cases will matter) but I think they may just leave it open ended.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might have mentioned once a Cleveland.com reporter said a while ago he did not think the NFL wanted to be able to influence the civil trials and at that time thought they'd wait on a decision for that reason. I guess that kind of made sense at the time but definitely seems like a decision is coming soon.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has indicated a decision is coming June or July. Should be interesting to see what they decide.
No doubt about that last part. Cannot be easy as they know no matter what they do there will be a large contingent who complains.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the post I quoted was correct, yes. Being suspended for the original 23 supposedly can't void his contract because they were known at the time of signing. This one (and the next 10 or 20 to come) was not and thus can result in him being cut with guarantees voided

"Florio said Watson's contract with Cleveland -- which made him the highest paid player in NFL history -- "exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league" in connection with the known sexual assault allegations known to the team at the time of the signing."
Interesting....Not sure how much it matters as I cannot see the Browns releasing him after all they gave up for him (unless it does become a criminal case again, maybe?). Now if guarantees can be voided without him being released (if he is suspended) that is another story.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I want Watson to be successful in Cleveland. But I don't have to like him. I really like how you mentioned TO though. Great comparison as far as not not liking a player on your team..

But to disrespect the star like that. Self promotional BS from him. Wasn't G. Teague that knocked him on his ass? Still one of my all time NFL highlights. The best though is the butt-fumble. That needs to be in the HOF. Another funny one is AB planting his foot into the Browns punter.
Yep, Teague was an OK player who became an instant fan favorite.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you are wrong here but you wont just own it. To prove you are wrong you want me to find something I don't believe exists.

I really should try this your way. It could be fun. Remember when you said offense didn't matter when it came to winning and also claimed all 24 of Watson's accusers were lying and should go to prison?
Yeah, that's the same.

Not!

Come on spinner you've admitted to saying it just in your "form" of spinning it. We all know your intent was to try and deminish the talent that had been selected to make Baker look better. Once again you were made to look like a fool when called on it. Own it.