• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are Marvin Lewis and Domata Peko the worst liars in the history of the NFL?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals' Lewis: Penalty at end a 'phantom call'

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Bengals coach Marvin Lewis emphatically disputed a penalty that gave the Cardinals a 32-yard field goal attempt to win Sunday night instead of a 47-yard kick, saying it was a "phantom call" he thought was "kind of ridiculous."

With six seconds left in Arizona's 34-31 win, Cincinnati defensive tackle Domata Peko was flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. Head official Terry McAulay announced Peko had been simulating a snap call, causing Cardinals offensive linemen to move early.

"I trust what our player did and said," Lewis said. "He's alerting a run and not anything to do with what they're saying.

"I don't see how they make that call at that point in the game like that. I trust our guy to be honest with me."

Peko, a 10-year veteran who has spent his entire career in Cincinnati with Lewis as his head coach, said he had no idea what the Cardinals were planning on doing on the play. But he wanted to get off the line quickly and into the backfield, he said.

"We were still running back from our prior play, and I was just saying, 'Get set, get set, get set,'" Peko said.

Peko said his hope on the play was to dive quickly to the ground to figure out a way to disrupt Palmer's potential spike, or to get to him quickly had he tried to kneel down.

Really? Alerting for a run? Try and kneel down? Every one in that stadium and watching on TV knew a spike was coming. At least fabricate a better story than that to make it at least vaguely believable.:L

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe them. Why would they lie?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals' Lewis: Penalty at end a 'phantom call'

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Bengals coach Marvin Lewis emphatically disputed a penalty that gave the Cardinals a 32-yard field goal attempt to win Sunday night instead of a 47-yard kick, saying it was a "phantom call" he thought was "kind of ridiculous."

With six seconds left in Arizona's 34-31 win, Cincinnati defensive tackle Domata Peko was flagged 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. Head official Terry McAulay announced Peko had been simulating a snap call, causing Cardinals offensive linemen to move early.

"I trust what our player did and said," Lewis said. "He's alerting a run and not anything to do with what they're saying.

"I don't see how they make that call at that point in the game like that. I trust our guy to be honest with me."

Peko, a 10-year veteran who has spent his entire career in Cincinnati with Lewis as his head coach, said he had no idea what the Cardinals were planning on doing on the play. But he wanted to get off the line quickly and into the backfield, he said.

"We were still running back from our prior play, and I was just saying, 'Get set, get set, get set,'" Peko said.

Peko said his hope on the play was to dive quickly to the ground to figure out a way to disrupt Palmer's potential spike, or to get to him quickly had he tried to kneel down.

Really? Alerting for a run? Try and kneel down? Every one in that stadium and watching on TV knew a spike was coming. At least fabricate a better story than that to make it at least vaguely believable.:L
What's funnier is Peko was saying he has never seen that called before but in reality, not only has he seen it called before, but he was on the field when it benefited the Bengals when they played the Eagles. LIAR!

I'm sure you still believe him @kramer1 . Why wouldn't you :noidea:

Domata Peko says he’s never seen call, though he benefited from it

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. We won against a really good team, let's enjoy it. Bengals are legit, that offense has so many weapons. If we played in Cincy or on a neutral field you could just flip a coin for the winner.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. We won against a really good team, let's enjoy it. Bengals are legit, that offense has so many weapons. If we played in Cincy or on a neutral field you could just flip a coin for the winner.
Couldn't agree more. I just laugh when players or coaches say shit like "phantom call" essentially blaming the officials for the loss.

Simply entertainment to me.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I just think Peko knew exactly what he was doing. It was a gamble to try and get the Cards to false start and end regulation without letting them attempt a field goal. I'm sure he was aware Cat-man hits a very high percentage of his attempts from that range so in his mind it was probably worth the risk.I just don't get lying about it admit you got caught and move on it's not like every d-line doesn't do these things.