• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Apparently Johnny Damon is not done.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats and play says he is, but apparently he thinks otherwise. Good luck Johnny. Hope your ego can handle a minor league contract, as that is the best you will get at this point.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money well spent -

Stephen Strasburg has agreed to a one-year, $3,975,000 deal with the Washington Nationals.
Strasburg avoided arbitration by agreeing to the contract, which was announced Friday night.
This would have been the first season Strasburg was eligible for arbitration. The 25-year-old right-hander is 29-19 over four seasons, including 8-9 last year with a 3.00 ERA in 30 starts.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado Rockies slugger Carlos Gonzalez is recovering from an emergency appendectomy after intense stomach pain sent him to a Denver hospital Friday night.

The news was first reported on Gonzalez's Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies.
Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats and play says he is, but apparently he thinks otherwise. Good luck Johnny. Hope your ego can handle a minor league contract, as that is the best you will get at this point.

And, in this same leaky boat I see is also Chone Figgins. Neither played last year, both sucked when they did, but neither feels it is time to hang them up yet.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money well spent -

Stephen Strasburg has agreed to a one-year, $3,975,000 deal with the Washington Nationals.
Strasburg avoided arbitration by agreeing to the contract, which was announced Friday night.
This would have been the first season Strasburg was eligible for arbitration. The 25-year-old right-hander is 29-19 over four seasons, including 8-9 last year with a 3.00 ERA in 30 starts.

For the sake of my fantasy team I hope that Strasburg plays to his potential this year. Have the Nats added any bats? Seems that Strasburg's run support was not too good in many of his games last year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats at Broncos this Sunday! Thought this was going to be last year's AFCCG as well. Can't wait!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado Rockies slugger Carlos Gonzalez is recovering from an emergency appendectomy after intense stomach pain sent him to a Denver hospital Friday night.

The news was first reported on Gonzalez's Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies.
Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona.

On a very peripherally related note, Derrick Holland recently took a fall at his home that will require knee surgery and missing up to six months. Rangers rotation looks kind of shaky to start the season.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians reliever John Axford was a Cardinal for less than two months, including the post-season, at the end of 2013, but it was invaluable. Per John Lott of the National Post, Axford learned from his Cardinal coaches that he had been tipping his pitches.
On John Axford’s first day with the St. Louis Cardinals, his new coaches sat him down for a meeting. We’ve been scouting you for five years, they said. And by the way, you might be interested in one thing we know about you: You’re tipping your pitches.
[...]
His fortunes turned when the Cardinals acquired him last Aug. 30. After he made “one little adjustment” in his delivery, batters no longer knew what to expect. Axford posted a 1.74 ERA in 13 games for St. Louis and topped it off with a 1.59 mark in six post-season games, including two scoreless outings against Boston in the World Series.
The Cardinals could have kept Axford around, but the right-hander was projected to make between $5-6 million in his second year of arbitration eligibility. Instead, the Cardinals non-tendered him in early December. Two weeks later, the Indians signed him to a one-year deal worth $4.5 million, effectively replacing Chris Perez as the closer.
Axford credits his short stint in St. Louis for rediscovering success, saying, “I don’t think I would be in the position I’m in right now with the Cleveland Indians if I wasn’t traded [from Milwaukee].”

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a very peripherally related note, Derrick Holland recently took a fall at his home that will require knee surgery and missing up to six months. Rangers rotation looks kind of shaky to start the season.

"It was Holland’s dog, Wrigley, a boxer, who caused the starter to buckle on the stairs of his home and injure his left knee badly enough that he needed arthroscopic surgery Friday morning to repair torn cartilage.
“He was running up the stairs and clipped me,” Holland said Saturday. “I hit my knee on the step, and if it wasn’t for me grabbing the rail, I might have fallen all the way down the stairs and cracked my head open.”

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians reliever John Axford was a Cardinal for less than two months, including the post-season, at the end of 2013, but it was invaluable. Per John Lott of the National Post, Axford learned from his Cardinal coaches that he had been tipping his pitches.
On John Axford’s first day with the St. Louis Cardinals, his new coaches sat him down for a meeting. We’ve been scouting you for five years, they said. And by the way, you might be interested in one thing we know about you: You’re tipping your pitches.
[...]
His fortunes turned when the Cardinals acquired him last Aug. 30. After he made “one little adjustment” in his delivery, batters no longer knew what to expect. Axford posted a 1.74 ERA in 13 games for St. Louis and topped it off with a 1.59 mark in six post-season games, including two scoreless outings against Boston in the World Series.
The Cardinals could have kept Axford around, but the right-hander was projected to make between $5-6 million in his second year of arbitration eligibility. Instead, the Cardinals non-tendered him in early December. Two weeks later, the Indians signed him to a one-year deal worth $4.5 million, effectively replacing Chris Perez as the closer.
Axford credits his short stint in St. Louis for rediscovering success, saying, “I don’t think I would be in the position I’m in right now with the Cleveland Indians if I wasn’t traded [from Milwaukee].”

Interesting. I can see how the Cards might have felt a bit of a tension over the years between trading for Axford and fixing his "tipping problem" or to simply light him up while he's on the roster of a division rival!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It was Holland’s dog, Wrigley, a boxer, who caused the starter to buckle on the stairs of his home and injure his left knee badly enough that he needed arthroscopic surgery Friday morning to repair torn cartilage.
“He was running up the stairs and clipped me,” Holland said Saturday. “I hit my knee on the step, and if it wasn’t for me grabbing the rail, I might have fallen all the way down the stairs and cracked my head open.”

So much for mans' best friend. Eh tu, Wrigley?

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats at Broncos this Sunday! Thought this was going to be last year's AFCCG as well. Can't wait!

Typical Peyton team, certainly not a typical Patriots team

whoulda thunk the Patriots would become a run first team

Go Pats!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be a very chippy game I am thinking. I wonder how the officials will call this game? Will they call everything or let them play?

Will they let the defenses touch either Brady or Manning? I'm not so sure they will. everything else they probably will let go but I am thinking if either one of these two gets breathed on the Yellow Flag is coming out.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so where will the yanks send aroid for assignment??

Well, there was a rumor that the Independant league Long Island Ducks wanted to give him a shot to play this year, but it turns out it would not be allowed under an existing agreement between the 2 leagues. As such, A-Roid will be lucky to even be allowed to show up in FLA for spring training.

After that, he will be on his own, and treated like Kryptonite.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there was a rumor that the Independant league Long Island Ducks wanted to give him a shot to play this year, but it turns out it would not be allowed under an existing agreement between the 2 leagues. As such, A-Roid will be lucky to even be allowed to show up in FLA for spring training.

After that, he will be on his own, and treated like Kryptonite.

When will he sue the league for "collusion?"

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Pats!

I'm not too surprised that Belichick has tailored his team's style of play to the strength of his personnel. That's always been a characteristic of his, hasn't it? I thought it was interesting when NE acquired Blount this past offseason. Thought it might be one of the more underrated moves, but I didn't expect it to be as big a deal as it seems to be.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a very chippy game I am thinking. I wonder how the officials will call this game? Will they call everything or let them play?

Will they let the defenses touch either Brady or Manning? I'm not so sure they will. everything else they probably will let go but I am thinking if either one of these two gets breathed on the Yellow Flag is coming out.

I'm sure that both QBs will get protection from the refs. Also figure both will be handing the ball off more than one would have expected in the past.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that both QBs will get protection from the refs. Also figure both will be handing the ball off more than one would have expected in the past.

I still think the Patriots will run the ball more and I am thinking Peyton will try to throw more since well let's face it the Patriots secondary isn't anything great and Peyton can easily explote the heck out of it! :bawling:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go Pats!

Anyone who can clearly see Brady's diminishing skills? :noidea: