• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anyone but Utah

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my approach for the Nuggets in the first round...

We're currently in the midst of an ugly losing streak dating all the way back to 2014 in games played at Salt Lake.

For whatever reason - They have our number, and I have no confidence right now that we could beat them in a playoff series.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Thunder too probably.

You sure about that one? :scratch:

I'm not going to sit here and say we'd "definitely" beat OKC in a first round series. In fact, I'd rather us have the #2 seed and face the Spurs. That said, we'd have a fighting chance facing the Thunder, whereas we haven't found any sort of footing against Jazz to speak of.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not going to sit here and say we'd "definitely" beat OKC in a first round series. In fact, I'd rather us have the #2 seed and face the Spurs. That said, we'd have a fighting chance facing the Thunder, whereas we haven't found any sort of footing against Jazz to speak of.
OKC has been to the playoffs before with PG & RW having a lot of experience.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it would depend on which version of the Thunder (or more specifically, Westbrook) that they faced.

I saw a graphic that showed the Thunder have a much better record when Westbrook takes 16 or fewer shots than when he shoots 20+.

So, if they got the Westbrook we've seen in the playoffs pretty much every year previously, they'd have a great chance.

But if Westbrook is able to control himself and stay under 20 shots, it becomes a lot harder to beat them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be my approach for the Nuggets in the first round...

We're currently in the midst of an ugly losing streak dating all the way back to 2014 in games played at Salt Lake.

For whatever reason - They have our number, and I have no confidence right now that we could beat them in a playoff series.

Nuggets will lose in round 1 unless they play OKC IMO

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would depend on which version of the Thunder (or more specifically, Westbrook) that they faced.

I saw a graphic that showed the Thunder have a much better record when Westbrook takes 16 or fewer shots than when he shoots 20+.

So, if they got the Westbrook we've seen in the playoffs pretty much every year previously, they'd have a great chance.

But if Westbrook is able to control himself and stay under 20 shots, it becomes a lot harder to beat them.

Shocker!

I have been saying for years that Westbrook needs to shoot less in the half court offense and have gotten blasted for it.

His skill set is amazing if he can figure out where he actually brings value to the team.

1) attack the rim relentlessly in transition
2) defend your butt off
3) create scoring opportunities for teammates in half court

If he focused on those 3 things and mixed in occasional jump shots to keep defenders honest he would be much more efficient, IMO and he would still get his triple doubles

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver is safe. The Jazz have a 3 game lead on the Spurs.

GS - OKC- this might be the worst possible 1st round matchup for GS imo but it depends on what OKC team shows up.

Denver - SA - I think this would be a very good series but I see Denver winning this one.

Portland - LA Clippers - interesting matchup. I would take Portland.

Houston - Utah - another tough matchup but I would take the Rockets.

With this format that would be tough for GS. Start with OKC, then possibly Houston in the 2nd round.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Denver is safe. The Jazz have a 3 game lead on the Spurs.

GS - OKC- this might be the worst possible 1st round matchup for GS imo but it depends on what OKC team shows up.

Denver - SA - I think this would be a very good series but I see Denver winning this one.

Portland - LA Clippers - interesting matchup. I would take Portland.

Houston - Utah - another tough matchup but I would take the Rockets.

With this format that would be tough for GS. Start with OKC, then possibly Houston in the 2nd round.

Yeah that would not be ideal for the Warriors. The three arguably biggest challenges to the Warriors would be in their first two series. But honestly a cake-walk first round might actually be worse for the Warriors long term. They've been coasting all season. They need to get up for these games and need a team to put some actual fear in them. I'd look forward to an OKC series, because they'd have to earn it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would not be ideal for the Warriors. The three arguably biggest challenges to the Warriors would be in their first two series. But honestly a cake-walk first round might actually be worse for the Warriors long term. They've been coasting all season. They need to get up for these games and need a team to put some actual fear in them. I'd look forward to an OKC series, because they'd have to earn it.

I think you are right.

OKC might be the ideal first round opponent from that standpoint because the Thunder would challenge them mentally. And, I don't think the Thunder have what it takes to actually win the series. THey don't really match up great with GS IMO.