• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antoino Cromartie in town today...

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would LOVE to see this happen. He'd be an upgrade over Powers, and the Cardinals would have one of the best Secondary's in the NFL outside of Seattle.

I'm not holding my breath, but if we can get him on a "prove it" deal like we did with others like Abraham, this could be a VERY good thing...

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know powers was not all "that bad" but he was horrible! Never in my life had I seen someone get beat in coverage as many times as powers! The only way he made his stats look good is by playing 2-3 steps behind the receiver to almost ensure he would make the play. He got better as the year went on but he was atrocious the first 8-10 games. That is why I want to draft a corner if the situation presents. I would love cromartie as well as long as we get a good deal. Let's not go blow all this cap space just to make it seem like we are making moves. We still have to deal with petersons rapidly approaching new contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we have the money Cromartie will be asking for. If he leaves Arizona without a contract, he won't be signing here. Keim uses the take it now or it's off the table when you leave approach.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely doesn't sound like he is signing here. He left without signing a contract.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has happened on the free agency front for the Cardinals since Thursday, when they signed Ted Ginn. There will be other signings at some point. The Cards, as I have mentioned, want a cornerback, and everyone is waiting for the puff of white smoke announcing that perhaps Pro Bowler Antonio Cromartie is that guy. We'll see if that happens. Again, it might even just be on a one-year deal, if Cromartie can't get the kind of money he'd like. But there was an interesting trade of tweets today between incumbent Cardinals Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson and Cromartie Saturday afternoon.

First came Peterson:

@CRO31 let's make this thing happen.

- Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) March 16, 2014

Answered Cromartie:

@RealPeterson21 We going to make it happen.

- ANTONIO CROMARTIE (@CRO31) March 16, 2014

To which Peterson replied:

@CRO31 ok cool I'm waiting to see ya name on the line cat. #chasingtheRING

- Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) March 16, 2014

Peterson isn't the one negotating the deal for the Cards of course. But Cromartie certainly sounds open to coming to Arizona.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha....I sent Cromartie a tweet as well, apparently other Cardinals, like Darnell Dockett are after him as well.

We know how Keim operates, so this one is still a longshot and it's now up to Cromartie and his agent and it's early....but as it stands now, nothing is happening.