• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anheuser-Busch waters down beers?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

Watered down beer: Anheuser-Busch accused of watering down beers - chicagotribune.com

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mind you this group did no testing of the beer itself :L

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the equivalent of discovering that Olive Garden doesn't really employ Sicilian chefs in all their restaurants.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the equivalent of discovering that Olive Garden doesn't really employ Sicilian chefs in all their restaurants.

seriously, next they'll be telling us that Chef Lorena Garcia doesn't cook all of the Taco Bell I eat

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually is a fairly common practice in brewing. What you do is start off with a ton of high Plato (Specific Gravity) extract from the mash, then blend with water to the appropriate degree Plato. This saves on energy costs because one brew can fill many fermenters instead of brewing with the appropriate Plato and only filling one fermenter.

I can further explain that if it wasn't clear.

I wouldn't consider this "watering down" the beer per se. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for Budweiser, but I think that article is pretty ignorant of actual brewing practices.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This actually is a fairly common practice in brewing. What you do is start off with a ton of high Plato (Specific Gravity) extract from the mash, then blend with water to the appropriate degree Plato. This saves on energy costs because one brew can fill many fermenters instead of brewing with the appropriate Plato and only filling one fermenter.

I wouldn't consider this "watering down" the beer per se. Don't get me wrong, I'm not standing up for Budweiser, but I think that article is pretty ignorant of actual brewing practices.

from my read, it doesnt sound like the same thing

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real news headline would have been if they discovered that Bud Light was actually beer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the claim is that they're watering down the fermented product right before bottling so they get more bottles out of the same batch.

Regardless, I thought it was understood that this was done.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only way this suit will hold up regardless of their practices is if they are sending beer out of the plantwith a lower than advertised ABV. Likely what is happening is that they are sending beer with a slightly higher ABV out of their tank and then adding a small amount of water to get it down to the advertised ABV. Sounds more to me like some scorned former employees.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this suit will hold up regardless of their practices is if they are sending beer out of the plantwith a lower than advertised ABV. 1.Likely what is happening is that they are sending beer with a slightly higher ABV out of their tank and then adding a small amount of water to get it down to the advertised ABV. 2.Sounds more to me like some scorned former employees.

1. This is exactly correct, and is a practice many big breweries utilize.

2. Scorned former employees who don't know shit about the brewing process.

These lawsuits have no legal ground to stand on.