• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't trade down

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish would be if the Bears selected DE Will Anderson or DT Jalen Carter at #2. Please do not trade down. Lets get one of these disruptors to anchor our defensive line for the next 10 years.
  • Houston will undoubtedly go QB.
  • Denver traded away their pick(s) to Seattle, who'll be in great great shape. Seattle will get either Anderson or Carter.
  • Steelers has our early early 2nd rounder for Clayfool--People that don't understand how to value players liked this move when it happened.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish would be if the Bears selected DE Will Anderson or DT Jalen Carter at #2. Please do not trade down. Lets get one of these disruptors to anchor our defensive line for the next 10 years.
  • Houston will undoubtedly go QB.
  • Denver traded away their pick(s) to Seattle, who'll be in great great shape. Seattle will get either Anderson or Carter.

My wish is we do trade down for an extrapick,and we can still get a top ot and wr......

Seattle is going qb.....Smith is not the answer.....9ers will show them why tonight.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish is we do trade down for an extrapick,and we can still get a top ot and wr......

Seattle is going qb.....Smith is not the answer.....9ers will show them why tonight.

Trade down for a WR????? Please no.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down for a WR????? Please no.

Or ot.....either one would be fine by me.....but if they stay at no.3,I want ot first......

They both help out Fields.....that should be priority no.1....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or ot.....either one would be fine by me.....but if they stay at no.3,I want ot first......

They both help out Fields.....that should be priority no.1....

‘you can help out Fields with line help with later picks. Landing a stud pass rusher is a rare gift that you cannot pass up.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see what comes out about Carter. I heard something about a possible attitude problem to lead into a commercial and never heard the report.

Anderson is a great 3-4 edge, which we do not play here, and it does not seem like Eberfluke is willing to adjust for a super star like Dallas did for Parsons playing a 3-3-5 which allows him to do whatever he wants.

If it ends up a Tunsil gas mask weed issue with Carter, then trade down.

The best pick of this draft is going to be Detroit, the path is there for a QB with the rams pick, figuring they get both Goff and their future guy for Stafford. That happens if we make the pick, might not if we trade down because someone is moving up for a QB.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 2 ways to look at this. Can one guy make the difference from what the Bears are now to a winning team. Will trading down and getting 2 guys in the top 30 make the difference.

Now, you can believe that staying in the top 5 will guarantee you an all-pro type player, but will it really? Getting 2 guys in the top 30 would probably increase the chance of getting an all-pro, but I can see the pros and cons either way. So I guess you need to trust the guys that make the decisions to make the correct decision...or get fired sooner as opposed to later

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if the Bears will or will not trade down. I suppose it would depend on who's asking and what they're willing to give up and who might be available at the traded for picks. There is some talk of the Bears trading back just a few spots and could possibly still pick up one of the two great D linemen based on team needs around them, and depending on what direction the #1 pick goes.

Also, heard another idea where the Bears trade down, not so much for multiple picks but for a #1 Wr like DJ Moore and a first round pick to allow Carolina into the #2 spot for a QB.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘you can help out Fields with line help with later picks. Landing a stud pass rusher is a rare gift that you cannot pass up.

Well its not helping Dallas's def out........

You dont draft a once in a lifetime qb(if thats ehat we have) and not get him top notch help.....if you get him no help,he is dead in the water to us.....may as well as trade him and geg whatever we can get then......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its not helping Dallas's def out........

You dont draft a once in a lifetime qb(if thats ehat we have) and not get him top notch help.....if you get him no help,he is dead in the water to us.....may as well as trade him and geg whatever we can get then......

Dallas is in 1st place. you don’t reach w the 2nd pick. you get the best stud at that spot. pass rushers are rare. Plenty of help available later for Fields.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is in 1st place. you don’t reach w the 2nd pick. you get the best stud at that spot. pass rushers are rare. Plenty of help available later for Fields.
Correction. Eagles are 1st place. But Dallas is among the best teams in the NFC largely because of the D. A defense I would bet is among the top in sacks.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesnt matter if Dalllas is in first or 2nd,their defense is getting demoralized......
Too bad Hurts isnt playing Sunday to expose how bad that defense actually is with stud Micah.........

Give me some offense Poles......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt matter if Dalllas is in first or 2nd,their defense is getting demoralized......
Too bad Hurts isnt playing Sunday to expose how bad that defense actually is with stud Micah.........

Give me some offense Poles......

‘you think offenses get demoralized if the D can’t hold a lead?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘you think offenses get demoralized if the D can’t hold a lead?

Dallas def has been trash of lately.......
Dallas has played two teams with great offenses( Minn-Cin) maybe a 3rd in Jax.....
Rest they have olayed punching bags and some of those games had not stopped any of them........
Minn is a team that leaves you scratching your head alot......

Id love to see how bad Dallas d would be vs Hurts.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas def has been trash of lately.......
Dallas has played two teams with great offenses( Minn-Cin) maybe a 3rd in Jax.....
Rest they have olayed punching bags and some of those games had not stopped any of them........
Minn is a team that leaves you scratching your head alot......

Id love to see how bad Dallas d would be vs Hurts.....

what exactly is your point? That we should not draft either of the two consensus defensive lineman at 2 because of Dallas?

this discussion is silly. You don’t reach at 2 to get Fields help. If the consensus 2 is a stud olineman then yes your argument holds water. But that’s not the case here

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what exactly is your point? That we should not draft either of the two consensus defensive lineman at 2 because of Dallas?

this discussion is silly. You don’t reach at 2 to get Fields help. If the consensus 2 is a stud olineman then yes your argument holds water. But that’s not the case here
Well, there are people who are saying to take anderson since he is like Parsons, so I hear it. But I also remember what Gruden showed the league in London when he completely silenced Mack.

Most tackles Parsons has been credited in a game is 7, although he had 2 sacks in 6 games. Do they count a sack as a tackle? Is it like hockey where a shot off the post does not count as a shot on net? Not sure, either way, do you try to follow that print for a guy that does not get close to double digit tackles in a game? Their defense is top 10, both points and yards, so is he just making his team mates better with the attention he draws? Is Eberfluke willing to go buddy ryan and make a scheme fit the player?

If you take Anderson planning to have him add 30 pounds to play DE, its a mistake. If you draft him expecting him to be a 4-3 linebacker, you better have him standing up at the edge when he is rushing the QB or hope he can cover.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta factors playing in to what we do with this 2-4 pick.

I'd say one of the more intriguing situations is how sold are we on Braxton Jones and how he plays into all of this. He's been low-key hyped (second only to Jenkins) about his production this season.

If we see him as the answer at LT, how does that play for us in free agency and the draft?

Would we still consider drafting the kid out of Northwestern-Skoronski-if we trade down (possibly Carolina?) and/or signing Orlando Brown this offseason? Is Jones or one of those two mentioned capable of moving to RT if we decide to make one of those moves?

I don't like to work in absolutes (insert Star Wars jokes here). Everything is theoretical until you see actual production on the field.

Who the hell knows what presents itself to us these next couple offseasons to create needs/wants? Sh*t...Talks fall through with Nick Bosa and the 9ers and we could be in the driver's seat to go after him with some carryover cash from this offseason into 2024.

There's a wet dream fantasy...Carter/Anderson and Bosa manning our d-line in 2 years while Justin and the boys are dropping 25+ PPG.

You just never know.

Lotta good options available to us though.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whats my point.....??

My point is and will be trade down,pick up another pick ,get us an ot and a wr......
You dint draft a qb and surround him with nothing,and thats what we got.......

Dallas's def is a fraud,theyve been getting exposed.......Parsons is great,its not his fault their def is trash.......

But Id rather have offense.......Its a shame JF has no help.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats my point.....??

My point is and will be trade down,pick up another pick ,get us an ot and a wr......
You dint draft a qb and surround him with nothing,and thats what we got.......

Dallas's def is a fraud,theyve been getting exposed.......Parsons is great,its not his fault their def is trash.......

But Id rather have offense.......Its a shame JF has no help.

‘we already gave up a 2nd for claypool. The d needs more help than the o right now.