• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't trade down

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill agree with a dl at big need,but so is ot and wr........those are the 3 biggest glaring needs we have.....

My whole point is,we have Fields,you dont have a qb of you future that is going on y seasons now and not have anyone that can help him out.....Kmet/ Mooney are possibilities but are nowheres top players in the league.....
If the Bears are to succeed in this league,you have to have a hi-powered offense.....we can not compete without that and the top dl in the draft will not be that guy......Myles Garrett-Chubb-Quinnen W,-Micah all say hello......

Oh and lmao,Bears would still be the Bears with Dallas def......

The Bears can draft a top pass rusher and then use later picks to fill other needs while also utilizing free agency.

Every hole won't be filled this offseason. But impact players at key positions must be. Pass rusher should rank #1 on Poles list.

The Bears on offense score exactly the same number of points as Dallas' defense gives up this season. Dallas' defense gives up 6 less points per game than the Bears. The Bears have lost 5 games this season by less than 6 points. Give them a defense that gives up less points....they would win more games. Math.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams defense gave up 21.9 points per game last regular season.

In the playoffs they stepped up big time and knocked over 3 points off that holding three teams to 20 or less. Their offense actually went just slightly down in scoring from the regular season to the playoffs, as you'd probably expect playing better quality opponents.

But defense is just a luxury? It's extremely important especially come playoff time. And you're a fucking cheesy meatball if you think otherwise.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. Rambling old fart kills another thread. No one is reading all that gibberish.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly averages 29.7 overall....they scored 34 on Saturday.

Maybe they score 40+ with Hurts. That's not a definite. That's you wanting something to be true.

And they are 8-7 on the season. With a better defense they likely have double digit wins.

Their defense is 27th in points allowed.

Skip around that however you like.

And having a defense that can't stop the opponent from scoring will play a big role.

In the SBs they won the Patriots ranked 7th, 1st, 8th, 2nd, 1st, and 6th in points allowed in the regular season.

Brady is the GOAT. But without a top notch defense he has less rings. To even attempt to argue that would be silly.

His defense held Mahomes to 9 points.

Your argument is automatically invalid.

And they go nowhere without a team that can stop the opponent from scoring more than they can.

See above.

He has a defense. They are about average compared to the league. Last season they were top 10. They were top 10 in 2020. They were 7th in points allowed in 2019 when they won the SB. See a theme here?

Pretty much every stat at your fingertips says otherwise.

Have held most opponents under 21.

Keep making shit up.

And last season they don't win the SB without Aaron Donald and a really good defense.

Keep going.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have I reminded you that you're an idiot lately?

It has more to do with balance. The Eagles can score....AND play defense.

Because you have to be able to do both. See any team that's won the SB lately.

Thats laughable.......you know why.....??.....cause your wrong.

If the 9ers win,its most likley their defense......rest of those teams will be offense......

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats laughable.......you know why.....??.....cause your wrong.

Feel free to point on what I typed that was inaccurate.

Did Tampa Bay's defense not hold KC's offense to 9 points on the biggest stage in football?

But all credit goes to TB, right?

Piss off.

If the 9ers win,its most likley their defense......rest of those teams will be offense......

Sure bud. Keep on thinking that. Tell me you know jack shit about football without telling me you know jack shit about football.

One of the best offenses the league has seen....the Rams greatest show on turf......only won the SB thanks to a last second defensive stop. A few more inches and they are just another really good offense that didn't win anything. Averaged 33 points per game that year....Titans defense held them to 23 in the big game. Not to mention that 9 times that season the Rams held an opponent to 10 points or less.

A couple years later and the Pats defense shut them down to win the big game. Averaged 31 points a game that season....only got 17 in the SB.

The Rams last year go home with nothing without Aaron Donald.

Stick your head back up your ass where it belongs.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. Rambling old fart kills another thread. No one is reading all that gibberish.

You are. So is the guy replying to me.

It's gotta suck being dumb, huh? Or are you so dumb that you don't even notice?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love seeing grey pubes get owned. It’s hilarious

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to point on what I typed that was inaccurate.

Did Tampa Bay's defense not hold KC's offense to 9 points on the biggest stage in football?

But all credit goes to TB, right?

Piss off.

Sure bud. Keep on thinking that. Tell me you know jack shit about football without telling me you know jack shit about football.

One of the best offenses the league has seen....the Rams greatest show on turf......only won the SB thanks to a last second defensive stop. A few more inches and they are just another really good offense that didn't win anything. Averaged 33 points per game that year....Titans defense held them to 23 in the big game. Not to mention that 9 times that season the Rams held an opponent to 10 points or less.

A couple years later and the Pats defense shut them down to win the big game. Averaged 31 points a game that season....only got 17 in the SB.

The Rams last year go home with nothing without Aaron Donald.

Stick your head back up your ass where it belongs.

Ya lets not give the credit to Brady for lighting them up......
Have you not seen the scores of these SB games,mist everyone of them are high scoring........

Bears are not going anywheres unless JF gets help......plain and simple......fuck that def,they can wait.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Completely off topic and completely meaningless.

You don't need to play that style to be a great defense. You have to stop the run and be able to rush the passer.

Might as well say offenses can't run the T formation anymore.

Again....this is just random gibberish. Cutler isn't the reason the defense ever changed. And when he came to the Bears Lovie was still the coach and they still ran the same T2 defense with Urlacher and Briggs in the middle of it.

The defense got worse when Ogunleye and Brown couldn't rush the passer anymore and it got rejuvenated when Peppers came in.

The defense only changed when Mel Tucker took over....the Bears didn't bring back Urlacher because he got old and the defense just wasn't the same due to lack of talent. Had nothing to do with Cutler.

I know you're proud to be an idiot. But just stop making up random bullshit just so you have something to type. It's fucking silly.
wow, they stopped spending on defense, all they had was Urlacher and Briggs, and both of them held out for more money, the rest of the money went to buy offensive players. Not to topic?

I am pretty sure that had something to do with it. They realized they needed some defense again because Martz was not going to score 60 per game and got Peppers.

Other than that, you draft to save dollars.

Coal is worth something now, I dont know why you are upset that you got it again from Santa.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, they stopped spending on defense, all they had was Urlacher and Briggs, and both of them held out for more money, the rest of the money went to buy offensive players. Not to topic?

They didn’t spend on defense when they had Cutler?

Not on Tillman? Jennings? Peppers? Bust contract for Archuleta?

That the narrative you wanna go with?
I am pretty sure that had something to do with it. They realized they needed some defense again because Martz was not going to score 60 per game and got Peppers

They got Peppers when Ogunleye went into decline. Had nothing to do with Martz.
Other than that, you draft to save dollars

Insert random comment here that has nothing to do with the topic. Because why not?
Coal is worth something now, I dont know why you are upset that you got it again from Santa

Witty.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya lets not give the credit to Brady for lighting them up......

Who did Brady light up?

In 10 SB appearances his offense averages 24.6 points per game. If you want to just talk victories....it's 26 per game.

Versus a defense that surrendered an average of 21 points per game in SBs....21.7 in wins.

Brady is the GOAT....absolute GOAT that deserves to have his own wing in Canton. But he has so much jewelry thanks in LARGE PART to having some great defenses supporting his offense.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not seen the scores of these SB games,mist everyone of them are high scoring........

LOL....the last 4 were 23-20, 31-9, 31-20, 13-3.

Super high scoring.

Out of the last 24 teams to play in the SB.....only 9 scored 30 points or more. 12 of the last 40.

So since 2003 only 30% of teams score north of 30 points in the big game.

But defense is just a luxury.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably….but you typed it. Bet you type that word in your search engine a lot don’t you fluff boy?

‘but I was quoting you. You’re confused again. Keep up

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....the last 4 were 23-20, 31-9, 31-20, 13-3.

Super high scoring.

Out of the last 24 teams to play in the SB.....only 9 scored 30 points or more. 12 of the last 40.

So since 2003 only 30% of teams score north of 30 points in the big game.

But defense is just a luxury.

1st of all,who said anything about super hi scoring......??

I said hi scoring........you put words in peoples mouth.

Funny how only one game you listed was a defensive battle.......and then you stopped there.......lol,cmon man why didnt you list the rest of them......anything over 35 would be a decent scoring game.....40+ is a hi scoring game.....50+ would be a very hi scoring.......
Other than the 9ers,theres not one team in the NFC to trust on the defensive side.....
AFC,those qbs will be beating each others def up.....

Give me that offense over def......