• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angels working to deal Hamilton to Texas

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He'll be different this time." - What no one in heaven or earth thinks

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He'll be different this time." - What no one in heaven or earth thinks

Asinine move, he is going to be the same guy he's been the last few years. Guys don't get better all of the sudden at his age and after all the injuries (real or faux). Fans are too quick to forgive when they think a guy is going to be the MVP he once was all the sudden, with a change of scenery. Clubhouse will be worse and Bannister has enough problems to manage with this bunch, instead of adding a guy that is a POS and shit on the fans here and requires a full time babysitter. This is another stretch from JD and this is way worse than adding another injured pitcher that just won't pan out again.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans know, whatever they do, do NOT ask for foul balls, right?

seanmerc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Rangers won't have to pay much of his salary. :noidea:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asinine move, he is going to be the same guy he's been the last few years. Guys don't get better all of the sudden at his age and after all the injuries (real or faux). Fans are too quick to forgive when they think a guy is going to be the MVP he once was all the sudden, with a change of scenery. Clubhouse will be worse and Bannister has enough problems to manage with this bunch, instead of adding a guy that is a POS and shit on the fans here and requires a full time babysitter. This is another stretch from JD and this is way worse than adding another injured pitcher that just won't pan out again.[/QUOTEO Old Chinese proverb say: Bad crazy wife and drugs mean big trouble

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asinine move, he is going to be the same guy he's been the last few years. Guys don't get better all of the sudden at his age and after all the injuries (real or faux). Fans are too quick to forgive when they think a guy is going to be the MVP he once was all the sudden, with a change of scenery. Clubhouse will be worse and Bannister has enough problems to manage with this bunch, instead of adding a guy that is a POS and shit on the fans here and requires a full time babysitter. This is another stretch from JD and this is way worse than adding another injured pitcher that just won't pan out again.
Paying him less than 7 million to suck isn't that bad of a deal for Texas. I don't like the guy, but he's gonna be making a 1/5th of what Elvis does to suck the same.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying him less than 7 million to suck isn't that bad of a deal for Texas. I don't like the guy, but he's gonna be making a 1/5th of what Elvis does to suck the same.

Dont remind me about the EA or Choo contracts, Im already feeling violently ill.

I did read where Josh is paying back part of what he is owed by the Angels in the deal, and Texas is taking on less than 15 million. Plus no players are being sent to the Angels. When finalized there should be lots of interesting things in the deal, I hear its very complex.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glad this got moved to its own thread ... appreciate the LAA fan posting it here. Am much as we have speculated about this move for the past week am figuring they were posting equally.

Quick thoughts ...

MY is part of TEX management ... but no doubt in my mind JD would not have moved if MY wasn't fully on board. And bet Beltre was consulted too.

Lots of sore feelings about his comments when he left. Microphone at home plate before first pitch for his first game which will be a Friday night.

"I am sorry for what i said when I left for LAA. I was wrong. Those last months here were do rough for you fans. My play let you and my teammates down. I am sorry. Please forgive me."

"I will do my hardest to regain your trust by my play between the lines and as a good citizen of the best five sport town in America. "
He says that ... he'll get the fans back instantly.

$15mil or $7mil or whatever it is a steal.

1) Josh turns around and is an average to better talent ... he's on TEX roster not LAA's and TEX. TEX recovery to its 2011 form is projected to be 2016 to 2017.

2) If Josh recovered while on the LAA roster those 2016 and 2017 teams would have to face him 19 times a year. Now he can't haunt them in the LAA roster.

3) If he bombs out ... they cut him ... only costs $15mil max. LAA has to pay the balance.

4) If he bombed on LAA roster they have to pay the entire deal ... but with him on TEX roster ... TEX controls it all.​

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this got moved to its own thread ... appreciate the LAA fan posting it here. Am much as we have speculated about this move for the past week am figuring they were posting equally.

Quick thoughts ...

MY is part of TEX management ... but no doubt in my mind JD would not have moved if MY wasn't fully on board. And bet Beltre was consulted too.

Lots of sore feelings about his comments when he left. Microphone at home plate before first pitch for his first game which will be a Friday night.

"I am sorry for what i said when I left for LAA. I was wrong. Those last months here were do rough for you fans. My play let you and my teammates down. I am sorry. Please forgive me."

"I will do my hardest to regain your trust by my play between the lines and as a good citizen of the best five sport town in America. "
He says that ... he'll get the fans back instantly.

$15mil or $7mil or whatever it is a steal.

1) Josh turns around and is an average to better talent ... he's on TEX roster not LAA's and TEX. TEX recovery to its 2011 form is projected to be 2016 to 2017.

2) If Josh recovered while on the LAA roster those 2016 and 2017 teams would have to face him 19 times a year. Now he can't haunt them in the LAA roster.

3) If he bombs out ... they cut him ... only costs $15mil max. LAA has to pay the balance.

4) If he bombed on LAA roster they have to pay the entire deal ... but with him on TEX roster ... TEX controls it all.​
Nice observation/thought

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just upset that the Angels will still be paying 65M of his contract or something like that. That's a lot of money. To me, he isn't worth the contract that he signed with the Angels in 2013. 5 years/125M

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just upset that the Angels will still be paying 65M of his contract or something like that. That's a lot of money. To me, he isn't worth the contract that he signed with the Angels in 2013. 5 years/125M

Blame Arte..... You guys seem to like signing Tex outfielders. I wish you'd take Choo off our hands.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep. But look on the bright side... could be paying Josh $80+mil with him occupying a 40man roster spot through 2017.

How did you feel about Vernon Wells contract?

Best value is prior to first FA. Rare for any contract over three years to be a good one.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But look on the bright side... could be paying Josh $80+mil with him occupying a 40man roster spot through 2017.

How did you feel about Vernon Wells contract?

Best value is prior to first FA. Rare for any contract over three years to be a good one.
Where do you get the $80M from?