• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Angels @ Mariners - August 10 - August 13

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good thing I didn't get the opportunity to watch the game last night. Reading the comments and looking at the box score tells me that I probably would've thrown my TV off the balcony.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright fellas, let's wash that one away and move on to the next opportunity tonight! We motherfucked Servais to the point I don't think there's much left to say; he deserved every last word too.

Get that win tonight and move on, we're in a playoff push with 5 Barney Fifes in the rotation and Alfred E. Neuman as our skipper. It's what we've got, not much we can do at this point. Go M's!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright fellas, let's wash that one away and move on to the next opportunity tonight! We motherfucked Servais to the point I don't think there's much left to say; he deserved every last word too.

Get that win tonight and move on, we're in a playoff push with 5 Barney Fifes in the rotation and Alfred E. Neuman as our skipper. It's what we've got, not much we can do at this point. Go M's!

Lol you said this right as I posted a thread about it

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey when you're done with that good stuff you are smoking why not pass it around so the rest of us can have some good thoughts as well!

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey when you're done with that good stuff you are smoking why not pass it around so the rest of us can have some good thoughts as well!

I'm trying my best Russell Wilson impression. Never too high or too low, one play at a time, puff puff give.......

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... now we don't have a closer available for the rest of this series, and he was doing a good job closing out games lately... Give him a break yesterday and his arm is rested and ready should we need him.. Just overall a bad decision, not sure WTF our skipper was thinking on this one...

These next three games should, by all rights, be slugfests. Six shitty starting pitchers (even Nolasco, who inexplicably has the Mariners number). I can see there being save opportunities in all three games. The only good thing that came out of last night was that Zych, Vincent, Pagan and Rzwzlxkrmzklvnraski are rested and still fresh. Vincent can close on a temporary basis.

But Servais' unwillingness to take control of the team is obvious. Gamel needs a break. Cano is playing in pain. He needs some days off. Diaz should not be going back-to-back-to-back.

And Servais' unwillingness to overrule Dipoto on who should be on the 25-man roster and in the rotation is also obvious. Gaviglio and Bergman should be in the rotation. Rameriz should be in the bullpen, and Gonzales should be in Tacoma.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying my best Russell Wilson impression. Never too high or too low, one play at a time, puff puff give.......
I liked him better before he started rubbing shoulders with celebrities.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hisashi Iwakuma (shoulder) struggled with his mechanics during a simulated game on Friday.

The 25-pitch bullpen session did not go well by all accounts. Iwakuma had been ticketed for a potential simulated game early next week, which will now be pushed back. With all of the injuries facing the M's rotation, they may be forced to look outside the organization for additional help.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what type of masking agent Nelson Cruz is using, but I hope it continues to stay off of the banned list until his contract with the Mariners is up. Love that guy. Probably the best free agent we have signed since the $3 million, one year contract with Brett Boone in 2001

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do the M's even have a starter capable of pitching 5 innings right now?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do the M's even have a starter capable of pitching 5 innings right now?

No. Last starter to pitch into the 7th was Moore about 2 weeks ago. Sad.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best free agent we have signed since the $3 million, one year contract with Brett Boone in 2001

Speaking of masking agents...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alonso is making me long for Vogelbach...and that ain't easy.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, give one to Servais. He pulled Gonzalez at the right time and it was probably against the wishes of Dipoto. I'd think that Dipoto is anxious to show the M fans that Gonzalez was worth the price of Tyler O'Neill and he can't really prove that when his manager pulls Gonzalez in the 5th inning of a low scoring game.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Last starter to pitch into the 7th was Moore about 2 weeks ago. Sad.

Since the all star break the M's have two wins from starters not named Paxton. It's amazing that they have a winning record over that time frame.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of masking agents...
I don't mind roiders. I'd put Raffy, Bonds and Clemens all in the HOF. IMO, they deserve to be there. If you are a roider but you are amoung the best of an entire generation of roiders then you are basically the same as the best players of the 50-60s when they were all on speed, or the best players of the 70s and 80s when they were all on cocaine.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind roiders. I'd put Raffy, Bonds and Clemens all in the HOF. IMO, they deserve to be there. If you are a roider but you are amoung the best of an entire generation of roiders then you are basically the same as the best players of the 50-60s when they were all on speed, or the best players of the 70s and 80s when they were all on cocaine.

I actually agree with this. Roids can help give you an edge, but they don't make you a good player. How many minor leaguers have been caught doping over the years and I read about them and all I think is "who?" They're guys that never amount to anything. Roids or not guys like Clemens, Bonds and Palmeiro were some of the best players around during their careers.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am still on the fence on this especially when a guy like Edgar doesn't get in and I am sure he didn't do the juice. But true, every generation had their flavor of choice. Heck Gaylord use vaseline all the way to the HOF.