• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Angels in Town Aug 19-21

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Almost' being the opperative word there I suppose..........But seriously, the Rangers have cultivated a culture of announcers who do 'Almost' nothing but haven't they?
So right my friend. So right.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Almost' being the opperative word there I suppose..........But seriously, the Rangers have cultivated a culture of announcers who do 'Almost' nothing but haven't they?
That is almost always true but murph was floored the other night when we had 3 outs in one inning between home and 3rd behind in the game only a few runs at the least, He gave no slack then but all in all I agree

We ran ourself out of the inning for being "aggressive".

Very poor decision making IMO sending a guy home multiple runs behind with no outs where a decent throw gets him by a mile. I get that Calhoun had a poor jump but a 3rd base coach needs to adapt. This is not isolated as well. Woodward praises him openly---ok but behind the scenes I hope he is getting schooled.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucking hind tit again and quick too. Playing catch up is getting old.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearn would have been ahead of all of them, but he is well behind them now. He has to pitch healthy for a couple of months before they would even consider him I would think. Probably middle of next year at the earliest. Hopefully, by then, Phillips and Bahr will be right behind him.

Unless he gets hurt, there will something wrong if Solak isn't at 2B on Opening Day in 2020.

In your heart I bet you think he won't but I hope Silak gets a fair opportunity to one make the squad and two find a starting spot. I am hoping like you alluded he is the second coming of MY.

If that is the case he will never sit

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking we aught to spot each team 5 or 6 runs to start each game anyway

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets be like Nashville. Was about to sit down in a few but I think some lawn work is needed.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big spot for Scott H

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey's the one who gave up......No WE involved.
The WE comes from who is in charge and makes decisions. He didn't refuse. After they moved him to the OF and 1B he said he would rather not play 3B anyway. As long as they wrote down his name there he never refused. Even if he had been more adamant about it they could have still played him there though, just like they should have done to both Soriano and Kinsler when they were more adamant.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearn would have been ahead of all of them, but he is well behind them now. He has to pitch healthy for a couple of months before they would even consider him I would think. Probably middle of next year at the earliest. Hopefully, by then, Phillips and Bahr will be right behind him.

Unless he gets hurt, there will something wrong if Solak isn't at 2B on Opening Day in 2020.

Maybe we should see if Solak can hit MLB pitching when he gets the chance before we start saying he should start anywhere. Heineman appears to be good against AAA pitching but I have yet to see anything that says he should be a regular in the Rangers lineup. Rua did well against minor league pitching and we saw how that worked

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys noticed but Roogie had a bit of a slow down to create a screen which led to the error and cheap run. Too bad Heineman chased. Never really had one good swing

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid won’t last long

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A triple on a gapper that did not get to the wall. Very weak throw. Ohtani is fast but we need a legit CF with an MLB arm

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should see if Solak can hit MLB pitching when he gets the chance before we start saying he should start anywhere. Heineman appears to be good against AAA pitching but I have yet to see anything that says he should be a regular in the Rangers lineup. Rua did well against minor league pitching and we saw how that worked
I’ll be shocked Oder won’t be the second baseman next year. Take some guts to bench him. Sure JD will take all off season to try to move him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heineman hasn't had a chance to prove anything.

I went over Rua's chances enough in the past.

Who has proven something is Odor. Ha has proven he shouldn't be a starter in the big leagues. My statement had as much to do with Odor as it did with Solak.

Guys like Solak can prove if they can hit big league pitching or not when given enough opportunity for a long enough period of time. After how he has hit he deserves a shot to prove it in the big leagues. A few hundred at bats is no proof either way though. He needs September at bats to get his feet wet. Those few dozens of at bats will not be enough to prove anything though, no matter if he hits .400 or .200. The same can be said of Heineman or any other hitter.

It takes awhile and we have awhile before our window opens

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A triple on a gapper that did not get to the wall. Very weak throw. Ohtani is fast but we need a legit CF with an MLB arm

Something looked funny on the relay from the cutoff. Ohtani would have been out by 2 feet on a good relay throw to 3rd. Looked like someone got in the way of the throw and it bounced about 6 times before it got to 3rd base

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something looked funny on the relay from the cutoff. Ohtani would have been out by 2 feet on a good relay throw to 3rd. Looked like someone got in the way of the throw and it bounced about 6 times before it got to 3rd base
Joey would have taken care of it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who has proven something is Odor. Ha has proven he shouldn't be a starter in the big leagues.

Guys like Solak can prove they can hit big league pitching when given enough opportunity for a long enough period of time. After how he has hit he deserves a shot to prove it in the big leagues. A few hundred at bats is no proof either way though. He needs September at bats to get his feet wet. Those few dozens of at bats will not be enough to prove anything though, no matter if he hits .400 or .200. The same can be said of Heineman or any other hitter.

Odor will not be moved off of 2nd, we all should see the writing on the wall. We have seen this for how long now? Moving him or benching him means someone will admit to being wrong or giving out a contract too soon and we know that isn't happening. If it was gonna happen we would have seen it by now. Woodward won't even bench him like he said he would earlier in the season. He won't bench him because someone won't allow him to. Probably why Solak is working in the outfield. If you all dont see Roogie is untouchable, it's time to visit the optometrist

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who has proven something is Odor. Ha has proven he shouldn't be a starter in the big leagues. My statement had as much to do with Odor as it did with Solak.

Guys like Solak can prove if they can hit big league pitching or not when given enough opportunity for a long enough period of time. After how he has hit he deserves a shot to prove it in the big leagues. A few hundred at bats is no proof either way though. He needs September at bats to get his feet wet. Those few dozens of at bats will not be enough to prove anything though, no matter if he hits .400 or .200. The same can be said of Heineman or any other hitter.

The problem that stands out to me is the players all see and know the same about Odor as we do. I believe they are mentally effected as they know it is not right when Odor can fail and it doesn't seem to matter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor will not be moved off of 2nd, we all should see the writing on the wall. We have seen this for how long now? Moving him or benching him means someone will admit to being wrong or giving out a contract too soon and we know that isn't happening. If it was gonna happen we would have seen it by now. Woodward won't even bench him like he said he would earlier in the season. He won't bench him because someone won't allow him to. Probably why Solak is working in the outfield. If you all dont see Roogie is untouchable, it's time to visit the optometrist
If that is the case even now, with a guy knocking down the door with a vengeance, then we might as well give up on the organization ever amounting to anything under the present regime. That is why I said something is wrong if it doesn't happen. That would point out such a degree of ineptness that it would be silly to ever have any hope.

Maybe it doesn't happen, and it may be even likely that it doesn't, but it should be the last straw before giving up hope. Other stupid, stubborn decisions will be likely to occur.