• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Angels in Town Aug 19-21

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see what the future looks like

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but where there is good pitching there is hope.

Yes thanks for the reminder. 3 guys I definitely want to see as a precursor to next season. Would be awesome if all 3 pan out

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes thanks for the reminder. 3 guys I definitely want to see as a precursor to next season. Would be awesome if all 3 pan out
That would be a beloved 5 man rotation.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but where there is good pitching there is hope.
Excellent statement! That is the key. We have to be careful about expecting too much but the experience in the big leagues should be valuable.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Human nature for players to press when others not getting it done. Bet some solid pitching helps hitters. Patch a few holes in the lineup and we wil be vastly improved.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Human nature for players to press when others not getting it done. Bet some solid pitching helps hitters. Patch a few holes in the lineup and we wil be vastly improved.
Fact indeed. Re last few games. Offense playing catch up to often And good pitching getting little run support.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun had a terrible route to that ball today, that scored the 1st 2 runs. He would only be a sub or emergency outfielder and just a DH for most AL managers, I would think. He doesn't really have a spot that fits him on the diamond but his bat plays in the lineup most everyday.

Hopefully our prospects in the minors are ready in the next couple years because I think we need an upgrade, at the least 2 and maybe all 3 outfield positions.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun had a terrible route to that ball today, that scored the 1st 2 runs. He would only be a sub or emergency outfielder and just a DH for most AL managers, I would think. He doesn't really have a spot that fits him on the diamond but his bat plays in the lineup most everyday.

Hopefully our prospects in the minors are ready in the next couple years because I think we need an upgrade, at the least 2 and maybe all 3 outfield positions.
Gallo likely would have made that catch.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are probably correct on the route to the ball but what a crappy day to be in LF on a ball in the sun field. For the most part he has done a decent job. We have to be careful about the grass always being greener on the other side of the fence.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish we could stash Santana at left field. His warts are starting to show at 1st base.

JD must balance out this roster and kill the log jam in the outfield this offseason.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im glad the Twinkies are gone. They wore this pitching staff out.

Terrible matchup for this team. I would love it if they beat Houston in the ALDS.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could stash Santana at left field. His warts are starting to show at 1st base.

JD must balance out this roster and kill the log jam in the outfield this offseason.
I think both Calhoun and Santana will improve defensively as they acquire experience at their positions.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Calhoun and Santana will improve defensively as they acquire experience at their positions.
Agree with you but we need to find a position for Danny to plant his roots. Moving around is not what he needs. Currently we have three UIF and Danny is not needed in that role at the present IMO. Willie should be fine in time if he gets the time in grade to become a starter.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you but we need to find a position for Danny to plant his roots. Moving around is not what he needs. Currently we have three UIF and Danny is not needed in that role at the present IMO. Willie should be fine in time if he gets the time in grade to become a starter.

I am hoping we have better position players next year and Willie is a super UIF and OF getting everyday starts.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right on the OF. But eventually Pence and then Choo will be gone. That also will free up a DH spot. We technically do not have a 3rd baseman even though IKF does a decent job there and I thought he did a really good job at that position last year. And he hit well when he played the IF last year. And you know one of the 5 OFers we have remaining sooner or later will be on the DL. But eventually we will have to trade one. But would like to see Calhoun, Gallo and Santana be the main starters out there and DH Maz and switch that out to give those other 3 a break.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping we have better position players next year and Willie is a super UIF and OF getting everyday starts.
Right now we need improvement in so many places that both Willie and Santana should have a position to themselves next season.