• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andre Johnson: Andrew Luck is NFL's best QB

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning are the only other two in the discussion but I think it's time to anoint Luck as the best in the game.
I'd rank Rodgers #1.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice played with the previous "greatest QB ever". I'm sure that aided his stats in some small way too.

Nice comeback...point to you...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone out side of NE realizes how good Rodgers is. To be clear, I'm not predicting it, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Luck is 25, Rodgers is 31. Luck has decent weapons around him, Rodgers has great weapons around him. Other than yards and TDs your stats tend to suffer when you throw an extreme amount of times. Rodgers is an All Time great, Luck likely will be. So he'll pass him at some point. When that point is, is the question IMO.

We know how good Rodgers is but he can't fold like he did like the NFCG vs Seattle. 15 point lead in second half and then shut down. Now maybe it was Mc Carthy playing too conservative, but need to put 6 on the board instead of all 3's

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha sorry Andre Johnson not Andrew Johnson.

They taught me that it was Andrew Jackson, frigging public HS. Should have stayed with the nuns

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is closing fast... The only way that could happen is if Rodgers is regressing but he's not. He just won his second MVP award. Luck already has 43 INTs entering his 4th season. Rodgers has 57 entering his 11th season. Luck could pass Rodgers in career INTs this next season. Luck has yet to post a season in which his passer rating was over 100. Rodgers career passer rating is 112. Lucks career completion % is 58%. Rodgers is 65%.

I could go on and on.

Andrew Luck: Career Stats at NFL.com

Aaron Rodgers: Career Stats at NFL.com

That's a borderline retarded way to look at it. Rodgers stepped into a team that went 13-3 and took them to a 6-10 record. Luck stepped into a 1-15 team and took them to a 10-6 record.

Luck is every bit as talented as Rodgers. They are both ridiculously talented.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They taught me that it was Andrew Jackson, frigging public HS. Should have stayed with the nuns

Well my guess is your school decided to focus on the more popular presidents like Andrew Jackson as Andrew Johnson's biggest accomplishment was being impeached. Hard to have much of a lesson once you say "Hey he took over for office after Abe Lincoln and well he was impeached now let's move on to the next."

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my guess is your school decided to focus on the more popular presidents like Andrew Jackson as Andrew Johnson's biggest accomplishment was being impeached. Hard to have much of a lesson once you say "Hey he took over for office after Abe Lincoln and well he was impeached now let's move on to the next."

Must be CD cause I never heard of that cat. Then again I can probably only name like 15 Presidents

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a borderline retarded way to look at it. Rodgers stepped into a team that went 13-3 and took them to a 6-10 record. Luck stepped into a 1-15 team and took them to a 10-6 record.

Luck is every bit as talented as Rodgers. They are both ridiculously talented.
I was responding to a comment about Luck supposedly "closing in fast and possibly surpassing Rodgers this next season" which is simply not the case. Yes Luck is an elite talent but he's not even close to passing Rodgers. Maybe in 5 years.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is #1. Said it in every thread on the topic. But, Luck is closing fast and will pass him by in the next few years...possibly next year...

What, do you think Rodgers is gonna stop and wait on him ?
You do realize that AR is at the top of his game and probably will be for another 4 or 5 yrs !!
I think, you are over enthused with AL, but Wilson has been to 2 SB's and won one in his first 3 yrs and yet you aren't lobbying for him....
Far more accomplished than Luck so far.....And you can't have it both ways, you say it's a team sport to support your view on another qb, yet you keep waving the Luck is great banner...What's up with that ??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that AR is at the top of his game and probably will be for another 4 or 5 yrs !!
I think, you are over enthused with AL, but Wilson has been to 2 SB's and won one in his first 3 yrs and yet you aren't lobbying for him....
Far more accomplished than Luck so far.....And you can't have it both ways, you say it's a team sport to support your view on another qb, yet you keep waving the Luck is great banner...What's up with that ??

Well is it really that far fetched to say that one quarterback can carry his team more than another though? A great example is that of the Ravens back in 2000 when they won a Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer will never get named with the greats while a guy like Dan Marino will even though he didn't win a Super Bowl. So winning a Super Bowl doesn't automatically make you some great quarterback. Helping raise a team above where they really should be though because of one players play on the team should be recognized. Now that is not me saying that Russell Wilson doesn't deserve credit for what he has done in his time in the NFL as he has definitely been a part of why his team is winning but having the #1 running game and the #1 defense in the NFL for most of your career is definitely something just about every quarterback in this league would love to have.

So yes I think you can easily say that some quarterbacks are carried to greatness while others carry or at least raise up a team higher than they realistically should be. Look at the Colts when Manning went down how much they fell off the earth. Now some of that was injuries to other players, bad coaching, and such but it should show just how valuable a great quarterback can be to a team. Right now for the Colts if Andrew Luck goes down in the pre season I don't think anybody predicts that team to go to the playoffs. Now if Russell Wilson goes down I would still pick that team to make the playoffs. Probably not the #1 seed like the last 2 years but still make the playoffs.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well is it really that far fetched to say that one quarterback can carry his team more than another though? A great example is that of the Ravens back in 2000 when they won a Super Bowl. Trent Dilfer will never get named with the greats while a guy like Dan Marino will even though he didn't win a Super Bowl. So winning a Super Bowl doesn't automatically make you some great quarterback. Helping raise a team above where they really should be though because of one players play on the team should be recognized. Now that is not me saying that Russell Wilson doesn't deserve credit for what he has done in his time in the NFL as he has definitely been a part of why his team is winning but having the #1 running game and the #1 defense in the NFL for most of your career is definitely something just about every quarterback in this league would love to have.

So yes I think you can easily say that some quarterbacks are carried to greatness while others carry or at least raise up a team higher than they realistically should be. Look at the Colts when Manning went down how much they fell off the earth. Now some of that was injuries to other players, bad coaching, and such but it should show just how valuable a great quarterback can be to a team. Right now for the Colts if Andrew Luck goes down in the pre season I don't think anybody predicts that team to go to the playoffs. Now if Russell Wilson goes down I would still pick that team to make the playoffs. Probably not the #1 seed like the last 2 years but still make the playoffs.

You misunderstood my post....I was responding to someone that was flip flopping...
Using his standard to pose a question back to him...Too much to explain..:juggle:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Luck is a better QB than Wilson. If you made me pick which I think is more likely to win the SB this year between the two I'd say Wilson. But, that still wouldn't mean he is a better QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstood my post....I was responding to someone that was flip flopping...
Using his standard to pose a question back to him...Too much to explain..:juggle:

Flip flopping? Where did you get that?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They taught me that they were two different guys and both were Presidents...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a team sport. Stop.
Teams win SB's. Stop.
Players make up teams. Stop.
The better your players the better your team. Stop.
Rodgers is the best QB in the game.stop.
Luck will soon be the best QB in the game. Stop.
None of this contradicts anything I'm saying. Stop.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team sport. Stop.
Teams win SB's. Stop.
Players make up teams. Stop.
The better your players the better your team. Stop.
Rodgers is the best QB in the game.stop.
Luck will soon be the best QB in the game. Stop.
None of this contradicts anything I'm saying. Stop.

You're putting the emphasis on qb's and how great they are and then saying it's all on the team....
Sometimes a qb is great and carries a team and other times the team is great and carries the qb...
Yes it is a team sport, but most of the time, one side of the team is better than the other and creates the wins...
You seldom see a perfectly balanced team...That's what I'm talking about...
And LUCK has not proven to be better than Wilson as of now, Wilson has the hardware, and he don't...Stop !!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck needs to cut down on the interceptions, before he's mention in the same sentence as A. Rogers. Luck needs to have some success in the playoffs before folks compare him to Wilson. Yeah I get it's a team sport, but those that don't succeed in the playoff, will for ever be doubted. I give you Romo as a example , HOF?( talking about Romo), we will see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're putting the emphasis on qb's and how great they are and then saying it's all on the team....
Sometimes a qb is great and carries a team and other times the team is great and carries the qb...
Yes it is a team sport, but most of the time, one side of the team is better than the other and creates the wins...
You seldom see a perfectly balanced team...That's what I'm talking about...
And LUCK has not proven to be better than Wilson as of now, Wilson has the hardware, and he don't...Stop !!

Ultimate team sport and weakest link can cause the best team to lose. if everyone does their job except the WR that drops the ball or the CB that gets burned the team fails. Team is made up of individuals. QB is by far the most important position. BY FAR. Still not contradicting even if you are struggling to follow along.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36 wins in 3 years is amazing. I'd like to see Rodgers-Luck in Super Bowl 50. It'd be what the NFL deserves. A SHOOT OUT.

I'm sure Goddell can arrange that.