• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andre Johnson: Andrew Luck is NFL's best QB

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts fan here. Luck's a great QB but Rodgers, Brady, Manning and possibly Brees are all better than him right now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is hard to get excited since the pats fans says that the evil empire will put up 70 points on the colts at home .

only certain fans are

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is hard to get excited since the pats fans says that the evil empire will put up 70 points on the colts at home .
Of course they do. The delusional, arrogance is embarrassing.

I will say, there are a couple of cool ones that I could see myself having a beer with (southie, sonny) but beyond that, I don't know.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would.

People still don't realize how much better Rodgers is and has been than everyone else.

In the last 4 seasons Rodgers has thrown 139 TD's. In that same span he 25 INT's. And he has averaged about 8.5 ypa. (Don't look at QBR or QB rating.....those 3 are the most important stats).

Last year in Luck's best season he threw 40 TD's had 16 INT's and averaged 7.73 YPA. Those are great numbers but they still aren't even close to what Rodgers is doing.

Luck has been great. But he is still A LONG ways behind where Rodgers is and has been. For Luck to pass Rodgers, Rodgers would have to take a big step backwards and I don't see that happening.

I think everyone out side of NE realizes how good Rodgers is. To be clear, I'm not predicting it, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Luck is 25, Rodgers is 31. Luck has decent weapons around him, Rodgers has great weapons around him. Other than yards and TDs your stats tend to suffer when you throw an extreme amount of times. Rodgers is an All Time great, Luck likely will be. So he'll pass him at some point. When that point is, is the question IMO.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look who Andrew Johnson has had throwing him the football during his career...Not really a who's who of Quarterbacks. So to go from middle tier at best quarterbacks to Andrew Luck yeah it would feel like such as shock and easy to see why he would say this. I do agree not sure I could see him saying anything different even if he did think somebody was better but again he is going to a great quarterback that honestly in the next year or two could be one of only maybe 1 or 2 other QB's that are even in the discussion of being the best.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do. The delusional, arrogance is embarrassing.

I will say, there are a couple of cool ones that I could see myself having a beer with (southie, sonny) but beyond that, I don't know.
so true !!!! as a colt fan when luck doesn't have a running game and the linemen change every game . the d without mathis was a killer . then some dumb asses brag about how good their team is laughable . we was down to only t y and on our 4th and 5th running backs . well friends it want happen again . the signings was depth moves and jones who is a run stopper played with a high ankle sprain all year . go colts sb 50 we are on the way !!!

btw brady isn't what kills the colts it is the run game !!!! when you can run the ball it opens up the passing game

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone out side of NE realizes how good Rodgers is. To be clear, I'm not predicting it, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Luck is 25, Rodgers is 31. Luck has decent weapons around him, Rodgers has great weapons around him. Other than yards and TDs your stats tend to suffer when you throw an extreme amount of times. Rodgers is an All Time great, Luck likely will be. So he'll pass him at some point. When that point is, is the question IMO.

i think luck will have a running game and will not be asked to carry the team on his back . lucks yards will come down imo .

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, no....I can't believe that you guys put the likes of Rodgers,Manning and Caveman Luck above the obvious #1 QB of all time....Everyone knows this guy is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the wheel, and Cappuccino..
Say it with me now, RG3, RG3,RG3....

Seriously now, Luck has not sniffed greatness as of yet, 3 yrs, 3 playoffs, 2 playoff wins and a total tromping in them last yr.....He has to actually make a legitimate push for the right to go to the SB and win to even qualify to be considered for that title.....And he hasn't done that...
Very talented and smart qb, but hasn't proven anything yet, if he is great than so is Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, and Sanchez....:2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, no....I can't believe that you guys put the likes of Rodgers,Manning and Caveman Luck above the obvious #1 QB of all time....Everyone knows this guy is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the wheel, and Cappuccino..
Say it with me now, RG3, RG3,RG3....

Seriously now, Luck has not sniffed greatness as of yet, 3 yrs, 3 playoffs, 2 playoff wins and a total tromping in them last yr.....He has to actually make a legitimate push for the right to go to the SB and win to even qualify to be considered for that title.....And he hasn't done that...
So very talented and smart qb, but hasn't proven anything yet, if he is great than so is Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, and Sanchez....:2cents:

Football is still a team game. Winning SBs is incredibly important and certainly meaningful when discussing pecking order, but not all QBs are in the same situation.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is still a team game. Winning SBs is incredibly important and certainly meaningful when discussing pecking order, but not all QBs are in the same situation.

So how can you crown any qb with greatness then, and isn't the qb position the most important one on the team ?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how can you crown any qb with greatness then, and isn't the qb position the most important one on the team ?

With your eyes. You watch them play. Otherwise one has to say Trent Dilfer and then someone else comes back with Dan Marino and blah, blah, blah

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look who Andrew Johnson has had throwing him the football during his career...Not really a who's who of Quarterbacks. So to go from middle tier at best quarterbacks to Andrew Luck yeah it would feel like such as shock and easy to see why he would say this. I do agree not sure I could see him saying anything different even if he did think somebody was better but again he is going to a great quarterback that honestly in the next year or two could be one of only maybe 1 or 2 other QB's that are even in the discussion of being the best.

to this day he still has the best hands of any President ever!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Johnson was never the same after his impeachment. Good Luck to Indy with that old Democrat/National Unionist.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With your eyes. You watch them play. Otherwise one has to say Trent Dilfer and then someone else comes back with Dan Marino and blah, blah, blah

3 people do the eye test and 3 different perspectives are produced...
They have to do more than meet the eye approval to be great, they have to accomplish something that is greater than the average qb accomplishes....
The title is slung around like rice at a wedding no a days....
But Montana, Staubach, Unitas, Bradshaw, ones who won consistently and in big games are what you call great...
I would say Brady in today's game but the question still remains on how he did it, but 4 SB's is definitely qualifying for the title.....IMO

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually completely disagree with GB's philosophy of resigning Cobb and Nelson long term. You put either of those guys on 20 different teams and no one thinks of them as top WR's. No different than Decker going from Denver to NY Jet's (or the inverse of Sanders coming from Pitt to Den).

Cobb and Nelson are solid. But neither one of them is a top 20 talent at the position IMO. They just have an amazing QB to play for.

If Rodgers has Luck's weapons nothing changes for him IMO other than his TE's are putting up better numbers than we have seen from GB lately.

In fact if I am taking one WR from either team, the WR I take is Hilton followed pretty closely by Nelson.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so true. The media would have a cow if he said that he liked another QB more than Luck. Plus, that'd send bad messages to the fanbase.

You aren't a Broncos fan. Just calling that right now. But decent try.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4109 yards
33 TD
9 picks

97.4 rating

"hes the 18th best QB in the AFC"

This is the year the silly charade grinds to a halt for Brady fans and excitement about the future begins for Pats fans.

Which are you, Rock? If Jimmy does good are you going to resent it?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year the silly charade grinds to a halt for Brady fans and excitement about the future begins for Pats fans.

Which are you, Rock? If Jimmy does good are you going to resent it?
i can be both.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can be both.

If Jimmy G. legit shines, are you going to support throwing Brady back in the starting role, knowing how diminished his skills are? If Jimmy G. shows himself to be the future at QB for the Pats, should Brady ever start again?