• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andre Johnson: Andrew Luck is NFL's best QB

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jimmy G. legit shines, are you going to support throwing Brady back in the starting role, knowing how diminished his skills are? If Jimmy G. shows himself to be the future at QB for the Pats, should Brady ever start again?
its bradys team still. he just kinda was SB MVP.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking.

If there is a Green Bay or Indy fan that does not endorse their team in the SB, please come forward.
I think it had more to do with GBs opponent. I for one would also love to see a Colts Packers SB. More so than some other teams.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jimmy G. legit shines, are you going to support throwing Brady back in the starting role, knowing how diminished his skills are? If Jimmy G. shows himself to be the future at QB for the Pats, should Brady ever start again?

It has already been established that this question confuses the crap out of Patriots' fans.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36 wins in 3 years is amazing. I'd like to see Rodgers-Luck in Super Bowl 50. It'd be what the NFL deserves. A SHOOT OUT.
Almost as amazing as 42 wins in 3 years

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would.

People still don't realize how much better Rodgers is and has been than everyone else.

In the last 4 seasons Rodgers has thrown 139 TD's. In that same span he 25 INT's. And he has averaged about 8.5 ypa. (Don't look at QBR or QB rating.....those 3 are the most important stats).

Last year in Luck's best season he threw 40 TD's had 16 INT's and averaged 7.73 YPA. Those are great numbers but they still aren't even close to what Rodgers is doing.

Luck has been great. But he is still A LONG ways behind where Rodgers is and has been. For Luck to pass Rodgers, Rodgers would have to take a big step backwards and I don't see that happening.
This. 100%

Luck is really not close to Rodgers. Please stop it with "luck is going to pass Rodgers soon and I won't be surprised when it happens". If you dig (not even that deep) into stats you'd realize how ridiculous that sounds. Luck is top 5 but the drop off from #1 to #5 is pretty steep.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually completely disagree with GB's philosophy of resigning Cobb and Nelson long term. You put either of those guys on 20 different teams and no one thinks of them as top WR's. No different than Decker going from Denver to NY Jet's (or the inverse of Sanders coming from Pitt to Den).

Cobb and Nelson are solid. But neither one of them is a top 20 talent at the position IMO. They just have an amazing QB to play for.

If Rodgers has Luck's weapons nothing changes for him IMO other than his TE's are putting up better numbers than we have seen from GB lately.

In fact if I am taking one WR from either team, the WR I take is Hilton followed pretty closely by Nelson.
Although I disagree with this I can see how people think that of Cobb, he's kinda small, not as physical as some other guys, but Jordy is one of the elite receivers in the game today, put Jordy on any team and he becomes one of the top targets on the team. He's a top ten wideout in the league. Stop being silly

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually completely disagree with GB's philosophy of resigning Cobb and Nelson long term. You put either of those guys on 20 different teams and no one thinks of them as top WR's. No different than Decker going from Denver to NY Jet's (or the inverse of Sanders coming from Pitt to Den).

Cobb and Nelson are solid. But neither one of them is a top 20 talent at the position IMO. They just have an amazing QB to play for.

If Rodgers has Luck's weapons nothing changes for him IMO other than his TE's are putting up better numbers than we have seen from GB lately.

In fact if I am taking one WR from either team, the WR I take is Hilton followed pretty closely by Nelson.

They don't JUST have an amazing QB to play for. Granted, that greatly helps their productivity, but they are both very good receivers in their own right.

Nelson has the sideline skills of Cris Carter and the deep threat skills of Randy Moss. Cobb excels at finding holes in the defense when plays break down - an invaluable asset and something you can't teach.

Take Rice away from Montana or vice versa and they both do not have the same productivity. Together they dominate. ...So it is with Rodgers, Nelson and Cobb. Plus, second year guy Davante Adams might just be the most physically gifted receiver of the bunch. Scary.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson has the sideline skills of Cris Carter and the deep threat skills of Randy Moss.

Okay...let's take it easy here. You basically just inducted him into the HOF.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 people do the eye test and 3 different perspectives are produced...
They have to do more than meet the eye approval to be great, they have to accomplish something that is greater than the average qb accomplishes....
The title is slung around like rice at a wedding no a days....
But Montana, Staubach, Unitas, Bradshaw, ones who won consistently and in big games are what you call great...
I would say Brady in today's game but the question still remains on how he did it, but 4 SB's is definitely qualifying for the title.....IMO

Actually they don't sling rice around at weddings nowadays. Something about the fuckin birds...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. 100%

Luck is really not close to Rodgers. Please stop it with "luck is going to pass Rodgers soon and I won't be surprised when it happens". If you dig (not even that deep) into stats you'd realize how ridiculous that sounds. Luck is top 5 but the drop off from #1 to #5 is pretty steep.

yeah, yeah we can see you are a GB fan...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also can't really disagree with what I said.

Rodgers is #1. Said it in every thread on the topic. But, Luck is closing fast and will pass him by in the next few years...possibly next year...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is #1. Said it in every thread on the topic. But, Luck is closing fast and will pass him by in the next few years...possibly next year...
No one is closing fast... The only way that could happen is if Rodgers is regressing but he's not. He just won his second MVP award. Luck already has 43 INTs entering his 4th season. Rodgers has 57 entering his 11th season. Luck could pass Rodgers in career INTs this next season. Luck has yet to post a season in which his passer rating was over 100. Rodgers career passer rating is 112. Lucks career completion % is 58%. Rodgers is 65%.

I could go on and on.

Andrew Luck: Career Stats at NFL.com

Aaron Rodgers: Career Stats at NFL.com

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:cheer2:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the year the silly charade grinds to a halt for Brady fans and excitement about the future begins for Pats fans.

Which are you, Rock? If Jimmy does good are you going to resent it?

Hammer, Every year is the year for your predictions!
Some day you will be right. I going to go out on a limb and predict: ready?
Brady will not win Superbowl 60!!!!!!

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...let's take it easy here. You basically just inducted him into the HOF.

The shoe might fit when all is said and done.

Through their first seven seasons in the league:
Capture.JPG

Both Nelson and Carter started their careers slow. It wasn't until their fourth seasons that each began to shine. Moss had a Rice-like insane start to his career before he imploded, was exiled to Oakland, resurrected under The Hoodie, then imploded again and fizzled away.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shoe might fit when all is said and done.

Through their first seven seasons in the league:
View attachment 16559

Both Nelson and Carter started their careers slow. It wasn't until their fourth seasons that each began to shine. Moss had a Rice-like insane start to his career before he imploded, was exiled to Oakland, resurrected under The Hoodie, then imploded again and fizzled away.

yeah, but Nelson is playing for the greatest QB ever!!! Doesn't that aid his stats in at least some small way???

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but Nelson is playing for the greatest QB ever!!! Doesn't that aid his stats in at least some small way???

Rice played with the previous "greatest QB ever". I'm sure that aided his stats in some small way too.