• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And Sammy Boy wants traded

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not my burden to show why they're right, it yours to show what shortcomings there are in the views they've expressed. Care to offer any?

Not so. You came in here with your predictions of the outcome of this season based largely it seems on the assessments and predictions of a group of cherry-picked "experts". I simple ask for any past history that would suggest I should value their predictions to which you offer...nothing. There is certainly no burden on me to show shortcomings beyond those that I've already pointed out - these guys have no history of quality predictions. Enough though, this is growing tiresome. It's nice that every team's fans have hope this time of year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one Sammy or Condon hasn't take issue with. You're wrong, sonny.

The story doesn't deserve a response. No need to acknowledge its bullshit. Already told you that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one Sammy or Condon hasn't take issue with. You're wrong, sonny.

Another reporter has since called it bullshit. I heard it live. Up until that I hadn't heard anyone agree with my initial assessment. Turns out the facts are the facts and Sal doesn't have any. Some of us are just better at dissecting media shenanigans. Found this when I searched for "Howard Eskin calls Sal a liar" Howard Eskin Called Sal Pal a Liar

Maybe you can learn a thing or two from this whole episode about being an outsider and the lack of knowledge you possess on the subject of local media people. Don't feel bad, a lot of guys from this area that listen to many of these locals daily still didn't pick up on Sal's crap.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't realize what Sal's job is and that's why you don't get that a non-evidence based story is primarily fabricated. Do you not see ESPN reorganizing their football staff the past few weeks?

You've got some serious reading comprehension problems. I don't care what Sal's job is or how much he's lied in the past. My questions is whether you've got any evidence that the story is false. The follow-up question is why, if the story is false, Sam or his agent haven't disputed it?

You can't be this clueless, can you?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so. You came in here with your predictions of the outcome of this season based largely it seems on the assessments and predictions of a group of cherry-picked "experts". I simple ask for any past history that would suggest I should value their predictions to which you offer...nothing. There is certainly no burden on me to show shortcomings beyond those that I've already pointed out - these guys have no history of quality predictions. Enough though, this is growing tiresome. It's nice that every team's fans have hope this time of year.

When I've offered up a consensus (not just one or two) of Philly writers, all of whom are respected in terms of varying degrees, and they offer assessments (as opposed to predictions), this is something lawyers call a prima facie showing that the consensus' assessments reflect a gloomy outlook on Philly's upcoming season. Given the fact that I'd offered up this prima facie showing, it's your burden to at least tender some info on why they're wrong. Get it?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story doesn't deserve a response. No need to acknowledge its bullshit. Already told you that.

Oh, I see, Sam and his agent can run wild with stories and press releases whining about competition but then maintain complete radio silence on a story like this.

Got it.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reporter has since called it bullshit. I heard it live. Up until that I hadn't heard anyone agree with my initial assessment. Turns out the facts are the facts and Sal doesn't have any. Some of us are just better at dissecting media shenanigans. Found this when I searched for "Howard Eskin calls Sal a liar" Howard Eskin Called Sal Pal a Liar

Maybe you can learn a thing or two from this whole episode about being an outsider and the lack of knowledge you possess on the subject of local media people. Don't feel bad, a lot of guys from this area that listen to many of these locals daily still didn't pick up on Sal's crap.

Eskin has been wrong too! While Eskin is a Philly icon, he's just ONE guy that's saying this. My question is why Sam or his agent haven't disputed this when they've shown they're more than capable of running their mouths on other topics relating to this issue. If they do, and Eskin and others chime in, I'll be more than happy to consider it.

And I know about reporters who's gotten things wrong in the past. Jason LaConfora, who covers the Redskins, has gotten a lot wrong about the team. But guess what? He's gotten some things right as well. So, when I listen to what he's reporting, I take the report with a grain of salt but I also don't presume he's wrong.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I've offered up a consensus (not just one or two) of Philly writers, all of whom are respected in terms of varying degrees, and they offer assessments (as opposed to predictions), this is something lawyers call a prima facie showing that the consensus' assessments reflect a gloomy outlook on Philly's upcoming season. Given the fact that I'd offered up this prima facie showing, it's your burden to at least tender some info on why they're wrong. Get it?

An assessment of how the team is going to perform IS a prediction.

I've told you multiple times why their assessments/predictions/outlooks/forecast/prognostication don't mean much to me - THEIR TRACK RECORD IS ABYSMAL. A consensus of poor predictors doesn't influence me. This year, lots of people like the skins to win so I get why you're jumping on board. Enjoy.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An assessment of how the team is going to perform IS a prediction.

I've told you multiple times why their assessments/predictions/outlooks/forecast/prognostication don't mean much to me - THEIR TRACK RECORD IS ABYSMAL. A consensus of poor predictors doesn't influence me. This year, lots of people like the skins to win so I get why you're jumping on board. Enjoy.

Then make some showing backing up your point about your telescoping view that all these guys have screwed the pooch on their assessments. In particular, offer your view why they're wrong.

People like ESP and Kempski may make errant predictions, but their assessments (i.e., generalized descriptions of a team's strengths, weaknesses and outlook) are pretty good. And most of the predictions I've seen have the Cowboys as odds-on-favorites, not the Redskins. Again, however, those are predictions and not assessments so I take those with a little larger grain of salt than otherwise.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I see, Sam and his agent can run wild with stories and press releases whining about competition but then maintain complete radio silence on a story like this.

Got it.

That didn't happen. I see why Sal's fabricated story easily fooled you. Usually it's the colorful language that gives it away. Like the way you added "wild" and chose the word "whining" instead of more neutral, accurate descriptions. Sal's story was made for radio and the trades that run with the random noise that occurs there. The facts show that Sam practiced the next day. Sal said he left for Oklahoma after storming out. It doesn't line up with reality. Provably false. Get it?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't happen. I see why Sal's fabricated story easily fooled you. Usually it's the colorful language that gives it away. Like the way you added "wild" and chose the word "whining" instead of more neutral, accurate descriptions. Sal's story was made for radio and the trades that run with the random noise that occurs there. The facts show that Sam practiced the next day. Sal said he left for Oklahoma after storming out. It doesn't line up with reality. Provably false. Get it?

What OJ juror number were you? Colorful language tipping off a false story is like DNA not being evidence. And if Sal's story was made for radio, why was it run by NJ.com, an on-line (read: not radio) publication?

Most importantly, if the story was truly false, why hasn't either Sam or his agent done anything to take issue with it? They've certainly had a field day issuing press releases and Condon has paraded himself around the media circuit to talk about Sam's standing with the team over the past few weeks. Why, all of a sudden, are both suddenly silent on something so big as this?

If this truly was as BS as you're saying, either the player or agent would've come out firing. Case in point: Fletcher Cox's agent coming out guns-a-blazing on WIP to rip Howard Eskin's story that his client turned down $65M in guarantees. See how that works?

Until you come up with some hard evidence (which you can't), you've lost this debate.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What OJ juror number were you? Colorful language tipping off a false story is like DNA not being evidence. And if Sal's story was made for radio, why was it run by NJ.com, an on-line (read: not radio) publication?

Most importantly, if the story was truly false, why hasn't either Sam or his agent done anything to take issue with it? They've certainly had a field day issuing press releases and Condon has paraded himself around the media circuit to talk about Sam's standing with the team over the past few weeks. Why, all of a sudden, are both suddenly silent on something so big as this?

If this truly was as BS as you're saying, either the player or agent would've come out firing. Case in point: Fletcher Cox's agent coming out guns-a-blazing on WIP to rip Howard Eskin's story that his client turned down $65M in guarantees. See how that works?

Until you come up with some hard evidence (which you can't), you've lost this debate.

I gave you hard evidence. Sam practicing when Sal claimed he was in Oklahoma is hard evidence. Your entire post is bullshit.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you hard evidence. Sam practicing when Sal claimed he was in Oklahoma is hard evidence. Your entire post is bullshit.

Errrrr, what? That's Eskin's claim and that's just one among a sea of other details. Like I said, the fact that both Sam and Condon haven't come out disputing this speaks volumes, especially after Condon was so vocal about Sam's status for weeks.

Good thing you don't argue for a living, sonny.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errrrr, what? That's Eskin's claim and that's just one among a sea of other details. Like I said, the fact that both Sam and Condon haven't come out disputing this speaks volumes, especially after Condon was so vocal about Sam's status for weeks.

Good thing you don't argue for a living, sonny.

How about you check out the eagles practice record and check out the date and then reread Sal's made up incorrect statement? mmkay?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you check out the eagles practice record and check out the date and then reread Sal's made up incorrect statement? mmkay?

Let's assume that that one fact is incorrect. My point is that the general account of Sal's story is correct. Do you understand this very basic point?

And you can't tell me why either Sam or Condon never disputed it.

Are you Bradford's mom or something?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford: “I just felt like I needed some time”

And here's Sammy's first comments on his absence. Note that he doesn't refute any of what's being reported. Instead, he said he "needed time." Really? That's one of the worst answers you could give. A significant other or spouse says they "need time" to collect their thoughts, not starting QBs that get challenged for their starting job. Oh well.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the problem. You are expecting people to agree with you without providing any supporting evidence. That may work within your inner circle but in the real world you make a claim you need to prove it.

I personally believe Sal Pal because no one has from Bradford's camp has refuted anything he said. In fact Sal Pal has also made claims that Pederson told him he informed Bradford they would draft a QB. Pederson would later confirm this and I actually posted a link of it.

With that said Sal Pal could be telling the truth or he could be lying. The only people that can say he is lying has not done so. I do think at times Sal Pal can talk out of his ass sometimes when he is making his own analysis but I have never heard of anyone saying he lied about something he reported when he is claiming he heard it from a source.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume that that one fact is incorrect. My point is that the general account of Sal's story is correct. Do you understand this very basic point?

And you can't tell me why either Sam or Condon never disputed it.

Let's know that that one claim is incorrect. Why would his "true account" have falsehoods woven into it?

I've actually told you that a number of times and in a number of different ways. You can't grasp it. That's on you, not them.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but in the real world you make a claim you need to prove it.

I personally believe Sal Pal...

The bold contradicts itself.

Unless you are trying to say that Sal doesn't operate in the real world and your beliefs don't relate to the real world either. And if you were trying to say that I would partially agree with you. Look how much traction his lies have had in the "real world." He apparently gets to work in a world where he can make stuff up and people will believe him anyway and not ask for any proof that what he said was actually true.