• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An apology from a Heat Fan... Dear Lord

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread was an interesting read.

As a "LeBron Heat Fan", I realize my response to his free agency is going to be different from those who are purely Heat fans. I don't want to be unfairly critical of you guys who have much more loyalty to the franchise than I do.

That said, it looks like LeBron can do no right in your eyes short of immediately re-signing with the Heat on July 1st. If that's your standard, so be it, but you're crazy. Assuming LeBron is sincerely considering his options (I think he is), he literally couldn't be handling this better.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 Finals
----------------
Rest of the roster shows up, Lebron doesn't.

The Heat still stuck by Lebron.

Yes, that was very benevolent of the Heat. Any other franchise would've immediately started trying to unload that ugly contract.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, according to reports, Lebron wanting the max is the only we DO know that he has requested.

I agree with Gordon.
James' 'reported' make a max stance is for the benefit of other players.
If/when he resigns with Heat, my gut strongly says not max.
He's not going to make all the others sacrifice without him, when he can most afford to out of all of them.
A roster upgrade to him is worth much more than a couple million dollars.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Gordon.
James' 'reported' make a max stance is for the benefit of other players.
If/when he resigns with Heat, my gut strongly says not max.
He's not going to make all the others sacrifice without him, when he can most afford to out of all of them.
A roster upgrade to him is worth much more than a couple million dollars.

Maybe, but people are talking about all of these "demands" that he's supposedly making re: players, etc. When in reality, all that has ever been reported as coming from him and/or his agent is that he wants a max/near max deal and/or wants to be the highest paid player on the team.

Outside of commenting that he likes Napier, all of these other reports of players that Lebron supposedly wants, but isn't giving the Heat a chance to go after, haven't been linked directly to Lebron. It's just been speculation re: who he "might" want based on the weaknesses that the Spurs exposed.

Riley's a pretty smart dude. I'm sure he knows what kind of players the Heat need, hence his contacting Pau, etc.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that was very benevolent of the Heat. Any other franchise would've immediately started trying to unload that ugly contract.

As far as sticking by Lebron, I'm referring to the fact that the Heat stuck with him and not tried to blow up the blue print. In short, it seems from public perception that he's throwing Bosh and Wade under the bus after this year's Finals, but I didn't see this happen in 2011 when Bosh and Wade had every right. Like it was said earlier in this thread, if Lebron showed up, he'd have 3 rings right now.

I have no problem with him testing his options, I have a problem in his demands though. He's put the Heat in a catch 22 situation. He wants Wade and Bosh to take a significant pay cut, while he takes the max, and he also wants the Heat to add all of the quality pieces around him to be able to compete while he takes his sweet time making a decision.

The Heat's hands are tied as they have the uncertainty on the Lebron front when talking to free agents.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as sticking by Lebron, I'm referring to the fact that the Heat stuck with him and not tried to blow up the blue print. In short, it seems from public perception that he's throwing Bosh and Wade under the bus after this year's Finals, but I didn't see this happen in 2011 when Bosh and Wade had every right. Like it was said earlier in this thread, if Lebron showed up, he'd have 3 rings right now.

I have no problem with him testing his options, I have a problem in his demands though. He's put the Heat in a catch 22 situation. He wants Wade and Bosh to take a significant pay cut, while he takes the max, and he also wants the Heat to add all of the quality pieces around him to be able to compete while he takes his sweet time making a decision.

The Heat's hands are tied as they have the uncertainty on the Lebron front when talking to free agents.
Actually LeBron was the only one of the big three to show any life in the Finals. Wade and Bosh looked like a couple of bench players with their uninspired play. LeBron has the right to ask for the max.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep bringing up 2011, but what about this years' Finals it is the same thing. Lebron is taking his time which is a smart decision, he isn't throwing anyone under the bus.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually LeBron was the only one of the big three to show any life in the Finals. Wade and Bosh looked like a couple of bench players with their uninspired play. LeBron has the right to ask for the max.

You keep bringing up 2011, but what about this years' Finals it is the same thing. Lebron is taking his time which is a smart decision, he isn't throwing anyone under the bus.

I bring up the 2011 Finals as the Heat stuck with the plan, even though Lebron was the clear reason that the Heat lost. Now that the Heat are in the situation again, where the roster let Lebron down and not the other way around; all of a sudden Lebron is seeking an opportunity elsewhere. Name me one team that wins the title every single year. The Spurs were the perfect storm, they defended Miami perfectly. Wade had a stretch of bad games in the Finals, as did Bosh. But both played exceptionally throughout the playoffs sans Finals.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron didn't need "Old Man Wade" or "Sissy Boy Bosh", his ass should've stayed in Cleveland. Love it when the Lebron dick riders act like Lebron did it all alone.
2010-2011...James played 79 reg. season games and led the team in points assists and steals. Bosh played 77gms and led in rebounds. Wade played 76gms.

Postseason, Wade led in scoring, Bosh led in rebounding and James led in assists and steals. All 3 started 21 games.

2011-2012...(shortened reg. season 66gms) James played 62gms and led the team in pts, rebounds, assists and steals. Wade played 49 games and Bosh played 57

Postseason, 23 games started by Wade and James. Bosh played 14 and started 10. James lead the team in pts, rebounds, assists and steals.

2012-2013... James played 76gms, Bosh 74, Wade 69. James led team in pts, rebounds and assists. Wade led in steals. Bosh led in blocks.

Postseason, James and Bosh started all 23 games. Wade started and played in 22. Again James leads the team in pts, rebounds, assists and steals. Bosh led in blocks.

2013-2014... Bosh played in 79 games, James 77 and Wade 54. James leads team in pts, rebounds and assists. Chalmers led in steals. Andersen in blocks.

Postseason, all 3 started every game. James again lead team in pts, rebounds, assists and steals. Bosh lead in blocks.

As you can see James has been the one carrying the load for the team. The above doesn't even take into the account of the defense he's playing on the other end. He doesn't get to rest and get B2B games off like D-Cline does.

Nobody is saying he did it on his own, but to bitch about him signing for ___ (<--- insert any amount of years)l is laughable. Be happy that the best player on the planet is going to re-sign with your team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bring up the 2011 Finals as the Heat stuck with the plan, even though Lebron was the clear reason that the Heat lost. Now that the Heat are in the situation again, where the roster let Lebron down and not the other way around; all of a sudden Lebron is seeking an opportunity elsewhere. Name me one team that wins the title every single year. The Spurs were the perfect storm, they defended Miami perfectly. Wade had a stretch of bad games in the Finals, as did Bosh. But both played exceptionally throughout the playoffs sans Finals.

It's free agency, not everyone has 5 rings and signs a contract within a day like Timmy. Like I said his agent went to other teams just like almost every other player, doesn't mean he is leaving. We should know something further next week most likely.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WITHOUT Lebron and with Bosh/Wade the Heat ARE NOT championship contenders.

WITH Lebron and Wade and without Bosh the Heat ARE championship contenders.

WITH Lebron and Bosh and without Wade the Heat ARE championship contenders. (Basically no possiblity of this)

WITH Lebron and without Wade and Bosh the Heat or any other team ARE still championship contenders.

Lebron is not replaceable. He took a team in Cleveland to the Finals with the 2nd best player being Larry fucking Hughes. Enough said.

Wade and Bosh are excellent players, and Wade is a HOF IMO. But Lebron is the best and last piece for winning rings.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade can barely play? The guy was avg nearly 24 PPG through the first 3 games of the ECF and oh yeah avg about 20 PPG on 55% shooting for the season.

As for Bosh, how the hell do you expect him to be what he was in Toronto when he is a 3rd option and the offense no longer goes through him? He would easily avg 20+ PPG on a team as a #1 or 2 option.
What about his defense though??? Especially in this years Finals.

Here's some examples.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ever wonder why James played well through the first 3 rounds in the 2010-11 postseason. Pretty dominant against a Bulls team who were favored. Then all of sudden forgot how to play in the Finals? Possible that it was planned out for Wade to try to get one last Finals MVP while James held back??

Strange that before the following season, Wade says he's handing the reigns over to LeBron and they win 2 of the 3 next Finals?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever wonder why James played well through the first 3 rounds in the 2010-11 postseason. Pretty dominant against a Bulls team who were favored. Then all of sudden forgot how to play in the Finals? Possible that it was planned out for Wade to try to get one last Finals MVP while James held back??

Strange that before the following season, Wade says he's handing the reigns over to LeBron and they win 2 of the 3 next Finals?

Uh......no. That's the most bat shit retarded crap I've ever heard.

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always thought the same thing.

LeBron beasted in the 1st 3 rounds and was the clear leader.

In the Finals it seems like he just stood around waiting on Wade to do something.

Before the 11-12 season it came out that Wade said LeBron was the leader of the team and he was taking a step back.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, they decided they didn't want to win a ring unless Wade got the Finals MVP.:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, no. In fact, D-Wade explained it himself when he said that in that 1st season they were trying to "take turns" on who was "the man" and Lebron didn't want to step on D-Wade's toes.

After the Heat lost to the Mavs, D-Wade said that he knew that Lebron was the better player and for it to work, Lebron had to be the #1. So no, not strange at all. Just D-Wade being smart enough to swallow his pride and let the Heat become "Lebron's team".

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they decided they didn't want to win a ring unless Wade got the Finals MVP.:lol:

I don't think this is what happened, but I can guarantee you that they did not think there was any chance the Mavs could beat them. To be honest, I didn't either.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is what happened, but I can guarantee you that they did not think there was any chance the Mavs could beat them. To be honest, I didn't either.
I was confident the Mavs could beat the Heat. In fact I made a lot of money on that series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confident the Mavs could beat the Heat. In fact I made a lot of money on that series.

Well, you are a Mavs fan. I think most of the neutral world thought the same thing I did.