• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An apology from a Heat Fan... Dear Lord

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easier to just avoid providing accurate statements. To some, the Spurs were just an average team. You and I, as well as some others realize the Spurs were pretty much a perfect storm for the Heat.

Like I said a few days ago. The Heat could bring back the exact same roster as they had this past season and they would still be favored to come out of the east and would be favored or even money against any team in the west not from San Antonio.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was healthy.
He and the rest of the team except LeBron played like shit, combined with the Spurs playing amazing.
Last time that happened, the Heat refocused and won the next 2 titles.

Not hating on your Kyrie, but fact is, he has never sniffed the playoffs in the weak EC.
The Cavs went all in adding Deng and Hawes and still fucked it up.
The Cavs rehire a coach they just fired, citing it was a huge mistake, then fire him again.
Nobody in their right mind would leave Riley/Heat to think going there is a safer solution.

All in halfway through the season? That is far from all in and it didn't matter bc their contracts were up. Kyrie doesn't have playoff experience and is only 22, but has the talent to produce no matter what the stage.

But the facts are they need to trade for Love to even consider Lebron and most likely it won't happen. So Lebron will have to join Cleveland for one reason only, just to win it for his hometown team. They would also have to commit to tell Lebron we will trade for Love anway, won't happen.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SPURS were a perfectly built team to beat Miami.

I think Miami would have embarrassed OKC badly in 5 games or even a sweep.
The Clippers could have presented some challenges, but ultimately Miami would have beaten them..

Sometimes the NBA is matchup league.
It was just the absolute worst team for Miami to play in the Finals.

Lets not forget that Miami fans are pretty intelligent as well.
They were openly rooting for OKC in the Western Finals.

Miami will get back to the Finals again if Lebron/Wade/Bosh stay together easily.
Nobody in the East will challenge them if they stay together no matter who is the supporting cast.

SA will still be a pain for them, but there is no guarantee that the Spurs escape the West.
And they did beat SA in 2013 despite it being their worst possible matchup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Wade. I appreciate the hell out of him. As far as the latter statement, your fanbase did plenty of it and are still doing it to this day.

So basically you said you don't appreciate Lebron. :L

You can leave that to Heat fans after 4 days. It just started all this worrying is mostly likely not needed. He will be in Miami next year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread really got off track rather quickly lol.

Does anyone even realize this was an apology thread?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you said you don't appreciate Lebron. :L

You can leave that to Heat fans after 4 days. It just started all this worrying is mostly likely not needed. He will be in Miami next year.

I've said in numerous posts that I appreciate what Lebron has done for the Heat in the 4 years he's been here. But this wasn't a one-sided relationship with the Heat as it was with the Cavs. The Heat put talent around Lebron where he could succeed, something the Cavs failed miserably in doing. As I've said multiple times before, the 2014 Finals was the polar opposite of the 2011 Finals:

2014 Finals
----------------
Lebron shows up, rest of the roster doesn't. Credit to the Spurs.

2011 Finals
----------------
Rest of the roster shows up, Lebron doesn't.

The Heat still stuck by Lebron.

Yes, he may likely come back to the Heat. But Lebron is expecting to have his cake and eat it too. He wants Wade and Bosh to take significant pay cuts while he gets a max contract (he's certainly deserving of such a deal and should be the highest paid player on this team), yet he wants the Heat to pull all of these quality pieces around him while the Heat has to operate in the confines of the CBA. Meanwhile, he's expecting Riley to pull this off when no free agent has any idea what Lebron is doing. Had everyone been at a standstill it would be one thing, but some free agents that Miami was realistically targeting are now off the board while others are in talks with other teams where they have no idea if Lebron is coming back.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him

You're not going to win every year and good luck making 4 finals in 4 years if you go play for a team out West because it is not happening.

If he leaves Miami it just proves that he would bolt on every team he plays on if they don't win a title every year.

As I said on another thread I don't want him back if he's going to sign a 1 or 2 year deal to take us through this circus again.

BTW if you really wants to be one of the greats, it's not wise to play on 3 or 4 teams in your career. Most of those guys on Mount Rushmore only played for 1 team and if they played on another team (as MJ did) it was in the final years of their career so for James to go to his 3rd team before the age of 30 will look bad on him

First: To my knowledge Lebron has never had a maximum contract and he took less money to play with Miami and be able to contend, so you can't blame the guy for wanting a max contract - he is 29 years old or so in a few years will begin to decline as a player - so this contract is his last real chance to earn the top dollar. I think he deserves that much - it's a business

Second: I think that Miami has done everything to accommodate him so if he leaves - then so be it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now actively rooting for Lebron to go back to Miami. Why? So when next season rolls around, Lebron is killing it, and a lot of these Heat fans are thumping their chest, we can all come back and repost their quotes of "Fuck Lebron. I never wanted him anyway" and "Lebron is fucking us over! What a douche!". Good lord :rollseyes:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now actively rooting for Lebron to go back to Miami. Why? So when next season rolls around, Lebron is killing it, and a lot of these Heat fans are thumping their chest, we can all come back and repost their quotes of "Fuck Lebron. I never wanted him anyway" and "Lebron is fucking us over! What a douche!". Good lord :rollseyes:

I will root for him but I still won't care for him and defend for him as hard as I used to if he comes back on a 1 or 2 yr deal.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they would basically have the 20-23 mil to get other players. Who could you get to replace Lebron.

Gasol 10-12 mil

That's half right there.

Ariza to replace Lebron at SF. 6 mil

And two role players.

Cole
Wade
Ariza
Bosh
Gasol

That isn't winning anything.

Problem with that? Ariza wants 10 million per season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said in numerous posts that I appreciate what Lebron has done for the Heat in the 4 years he's been here. But this wasn't a one-sided relationship with the Heat as it was with the Cavs. The Heat put talent around Lebron where he could succeed, something the Cavs failed miserably in doing. As I've said multiple times before, the 2014 Finals was the polar opposite of the 2011 Finals:

2014 Finals
----------------
Lebron shows up, rest of the roster doesn't. Credit to the Spurs.

2011 Finals
----------------
Rest of the roster shows up, Lebron doesn't.

The Heat still stuck by Lebron.

Yes, he may likely come back to the Heat. But Lebron is expecting to have his cake and eat it too. He wants Wade and Bosh to take significant pay cuts while he gets a max contract (he's certainly deserving of such a deal and should be the highest paid player on this team), yet he wants the Heat to pull all of these quality pieces around him while the Heat has to operate in the confines of the CBA. Meanwhile, he's expecting Riley to pull this off when no free agent has any idea what Lebron is doing. Had everyone been at a standstill it would be one thing, but some free agents that Miami was realistically targeting are now off the board while others are in talks with other teams where they have no idea if Lebron is coming back.

He never said he wanted the max (even though he should expect it), people are assuming that. I'm sure he won't take a significant pay cut but that is what sources say. Everything is a rumor right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never said he wanted the max (even though he should expect it), people are assuming that. I'm sure he won't take a significant pay cut but that is what sources say. Everything is a rumor right now.

Multiple outlets are reporting it as well as Windhorst who's about as close to Lebron as you can get. His own agent who's reaching out to teams that Lebron would be interested in is also telling them that his client wants the max. Lebron, whether he opted in his contract or takes the max will get about $20 mil next year. I think Lebron should've taken a contract that would've started him off at about $2.5 mil less this year, just my opinion.

As I've said before and I'll say it again; Lebron's primary money is endorsements. The stronger the brand, the more money he'll make off the court. Putting yourself in a position to win titles should be the primary focus. If Lebron ends up at around 4-5 titles at the end of his career, the extra money he made off of a max contract will pale in comparison to his brand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna try to take this into another thread

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live by the sword and die by it. Miami success was due to a few stars getting an alignment and using the pRe CBA period to create a powerhouse . It's good for a short period until one of the stars flickered out. Is this method really how anyone wants their team to be built? It's fragile but spectacular . Maybe we now really are impressed with the house the Spurs built. They are the winners and its sustainable

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live by the sword and die by it. Miami success was due to a few stars getting an alignment and using the pRe CBA period to create a powerhouse . It's good for a short period until one of the stars flickered out. Is this method really how anyone wants their team to be built? It's fragile but spectacular . Maybe we now really are impressed with the house the Spurs built. They are the winners and its sustainable

It's really not that sustainable.
Duncan, Parker, Ginobelli are good for next year.
Possibly 1 more after that, at best, if they win again?

Leonard will want his big payday.
Possibly an extension offer after next season?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not that sustainable.
Duncan, Parker, Ginobelli are good for next year.
Possibly 1 more after that, at best, if they win again?

Leonard will want his big payday.
Possibly an extension offer after next season?

Sure, it will come to an end soon, but they have been contenders for 17 years. It is nearly impossible for any franchise to be that good for that long. The way that they were able to rebuild on the fly after Robinson's retirement was very impressive and made possible by Duncan's patience.

LeBron has loftier goals than Duncan, however, and will not wait around for anybody.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW if you really wants to be one of the greats, it's not wise to play on 3 or 4 teams in your career. Most of those guys on Mount Rushmore only played for 1 team and if they played on another team (as MJ did) it was in the final years of their career so for James to go to his 3rd team before the age of 30 will look bad on him

LeBron going into 12th season....

Bob McAdoo, 6 teams in first 12 years, 7 total
Adrian Dantley, 5 teams in first 12 years, 7 total
Moses Malone, 5 teams in first 12 years, 8 total
Shaq, 3 teams in first 13 years, 6 total
Elvin Hayes, 5 teams in first 12 years, 6 total
Charles Barkley, 3 teams in first 13 years, 3 total
Scottie Pippen, 3 teams in first 13 years, 3 total
Jerry Lucas, 3 teams in first 12 years, 3 total
Dominique Wilkins, 3 teams in first 12 years, 5 total
Pistol Pete, 4 teams in first 12 years, 4 total
Wes Unseld, 3 teams in first 12 years, 3 total
Alonzo Mourning, 3 teams in first 12 years, 3 total
Bernard king, 5 teams in first 12 years, 6 total
Etc, etc...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it will come to an end soon, but they have been contenders for 17 years. It is nearly impossible for any franchise to be that good for that long. The way that they were able to rebuild on the fly after Robinson's retirement was very impressive and made possible by Duncan's patience.

LeBron has loftier goals than Duncan, however, and will not wait around for anybody.

True..
But that means it has been sustained.
He said will be sustained moving forward.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, according to reports, Lebron wanting the max is the only we DO know that he has requested.