• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay.. I know you dont want to admit it. But the team that is in Washington now is nothing like what was there four years ago. They are younger, more talented, and have actually improved over the bunch that Shanahan took over. We have stability in coaching, Stability at the QB position. Two things we have not had prior to the last few years. As far as depth, I think Washington actually does have it in most places. I know you will disagree. I have come to expect it from you. Its all good man. The season starts in about six weeks.

But I will ask since you seem to be a firm believer in you are what you were four years ago.. what has Dallas done that makes them better than the 8-8 they have been the past few years?? IN your opinion?

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Midgets are Irrelevant to America's Team always have and always will be...:yawn:

#Non Mother Fucking Factor :peace2:

Of course.

Relevance = missing the playoffs for 3 straight years and having a total of one playoff win in the past 17 years.

Irrelevance = 2 Super Bowl wins in the past 5 years and being 8-1 in the last three appearances.

But your team has a larger jumbotron, so I guess you can hang your hat on that.

:suds:

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My words happen to be the truth in this instance. :D

I was predicting what his back pedal response would be.

I quote his exact words as saying, "The redskins will be more like the team from the 4 seasons prior than last year"

And his reply is, "I never said that"

:wtf2:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mm
Of course.

Relevance = missing the playoffs for 3 straight years and having a total of one playoff win in the past 17 years.

Irrelevance = 2 Super Bowl wins in the past 5 years and being 8-1 in the last three appearances.

But your team has a larger jumbotron, so I guess you can hang your hat on that.

:suds:

Yet here you are, things that make you say hmmmm...:scratch: :confused:

#America' s Team :usa:

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mm

Yet here you are, things that make you say hmmmm...:scratch: :confused:

#America' s Team :usa:

Posted over an hour before yours:

Nice deflection.
(btw - reminds me of the Cowboys fans #1 comeback when they went 5-11 for three straight seasons... "OMG!!! You're on our board that must mean we're awesome and you think so!!!!!"

:laugh3:

I'll just chalk you up as another predictable cliche from circa 2002 on ESPN.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was predicting what his back pedal response would be.

I quote his exact words as saying, "The redskins will be more like the team from the 4 seasons prior than last year"

And his reply is, "I never said that"

:wtf2:

You should read the thread again then.
You missed it

frankly.....you still tap dance about nothing at all and think you're got one up on everyone.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should read the thread again then.

Okay...

So you would have been fine with saying the Cowboys would be more like the 3-consecutive 5-11 seasons and other rancidness under the likes of Quincy Carter, Hutchinson and Testeverde even though Romo was your starter? (who ended up winning 43 games in 4 years).
That makes sense.

did I say that Cheers, OR is that what you think I said?

Pretty sure you said that.

your words, not mine

lol.....you don't know what you don't know but there is always last season to hang your hat on. I think the norm is more the four seasons before last year as the norm of what the redskins really are.

How will you try to spin and back pedal again?

popcorn.gif

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay.. I know you dont want to admit it. But the team that is in Washington now is nothing like what was there four years ago. They are younger, more talented, and have actually improved over the bunch that Shanahan took over. We have stability in coaching, Stability at the QB position. Two things we have not had prior to the last few years. As far as depth, I think Washington actually does have it in most places. I know you will disagree. I have come to expect it from you. Its all good man. The season starts in about six weeks.

But I will ask since you seem to be a firm believer in you are what you were four years ago.. what has Dallas done that makes them better than the 8-8 they have been the past few years?? IN your opinion?

Shark....it's not always a good thing to start threads saying how I think and feel on a topic. You do that more than any poster I've seen and it's not a correct observation by you. Not this post OR the one before this one.

The team 4 years ago was bottom 5 talent...maybe bottom 3. Sure skins are better today
Are they younger? yes
more talented? yes....Bob & Morris alone say's as much
BUT
I must stop you at this Shanahan greatness stuff. He wasn't great in year one when he and mcnabb were about the only two that thought Donnie had any game. The coach bout threw in the towel last season and basically rode the RG3 wave. The coach just mighta rode that wave a bit to hard. That remains a question no matter if he starts game one or not. I think the coach knew he got lucky with the total impact of all that was RG3 and the injury free oline. I also think NFL defenses will adjust this season, and to assume Morris & RG3 will match last season is a losing ticket for sure. The receiver's are NFL average at best....worst in the division and your Oline will not stay injury free. I can't wait for the SMU guard to play. It's a mess with two guys down.

The defense????
Fletcher remains your best hope.
The D-backfied will be bottom 3 pass yardage allowed.

Sorry....As I said many times. watched RG3 play at Copperas Cove High School when I first became a fan. Outstanding person. I just think the over all talent is closer to 6/7 wins than it is 10/11

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So you would have been fine with saying the Cowboys would be more like the 3-consecutive 5-11 seasons and other rancidness under the likes of Quincy Carter, Hutchinson and Testeverde"

Say Cheers.....you'd have a point when you can show me where I said the above.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan made a mistake with McNabb and also had to deal with a lock out his first year with a new team. Which actually effected how he could build his team. First year there was no free agency. 2nd year there was free agency after the draft and a very limited offseason program. And then there was the ridiculous cap penalty. To be a division winning team at this junction with those hurdles, you have to give a little bit of credit to him as a coach. He inherited a complete disaster of a situation. And had a ton of things to clean up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan made a mistake with McNabb and also had to deal with a lock out his first year with a new team. Which actually effected how he could build his team. First year there was no free agency. 2nd year there was free agency after the draft and a very limited offseason program. And then there was the ridiculous cap penalty. To be a division winning team at this junction with those hurdles, you have to give a little bit of credit to him as a coach. He inherited a complete disaster of a situation. And had a ton of things to clean up.

You should look for credit on the skins board.
He created more disaster with McNabb over Campbell.
Then he tanks a season to get the top pick and ends up trading 3 #1's for the QB and will PUT THE RAM'S ON THE MAP

Tell me again what he's done that's so outta the box other than ride the RG3 wave like the fans?

get over the opinion....You'd have something if I shouted it from the roof tops on the redskin board

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not my fault that you want to ignore truths. I don't care where you're posting, makes no difference to me. A fact is a fact.

He traded for Griffin. Someone had to make that decision. Someone had to adapt to RG3 being a unique player and put him in a position for success. Someone had to draft and hit the jackpot with Morris in the 6th round.

Someone had to hold the team together after all the injuries and tough start to turn them around and make the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not my fault that you want to ignore truths. I don't care where you're posting, makes no difference to me. A fact is a fact.

He traded for Griffin. Someone had to make that decision. Someone had to adapt to RG3 being a unique player and put him in a position for success. Someone had to draft and hit the jackpot with Morris in the 6th round.

Someone had to hold the team together after all the injuries and tough start to turn them around and make the playoffs.

What part of no one here is impressed or cares, don' t you understand? :frusty: Now beat feet & head back to the Catfish board, they are missing their mascot :wtf:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark....it's not always a good thing to start threads saying how I think and feel on a topic. You do that more than any poster I've seen and it's not a correct observation by you. Not this post OR the one before this one.

This i find funny from some one that claims I so want Cowboys fans to fear RG3. Se this i have never said, but you have constatly said that you ythink the Skins are closer to where they were four years ago than they are to where they were last year.

The team 4 years ago was bottom 5 talent...maybe bottom 3. Sure skins are better today
Are they younger? yes
more talented? yes....Bob & Morris alone say's as much
BUT
I must stop you at this Shanahan greatness stuff. He wasn't great in year one when he and mcnabb were about the only two that thought Donnie had any game. The coach bout threw in the towel last season and basically rode the RG3 wave. The coach just mighta rode that wave a bit to hard. That remains a question no matter if he starts game one or not. I think the coach knew he got lucky with the total impact of all that was RG3 and the injury free oline. I also think NFL defenses will adjust this season, and to assume Morris & RG3 will match last season is a losing ticket for sure. The receiver's are NFL average at best....worst in the division and your Oline will not stay injury free. I can't wait for the SMU guard to play. It's a mess with two guys down.

The defense????

Same question can and should be asked of Dallas. How will your defense do?? Or is that a given??

Fletcher remains your best hope.
The D-backfied will be bottom 3 pass yardage allowed.

Sorry....As I said many times. watched RG3 play at Copperas Cove High School when I first became a fan. Outstanding person. I just think the over all talent is closer to 6/7 wins than it is 10/11

And for the record, Dallas has had talent that shows they are just as close to the 6=7 wins by virtue of back to back 8-8 seasons. But that cant happen again now can it? :scratch:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain good with the different opinions on what the redskin and cowboys will be this season.

Dallas was 8-8 both of the last two seasons. Both seasons with meltdowns but still played a win and you're in game in week 17....two meltdowns.

The defense that has Carr, Mo, Lee and Carter seems better IF you allow Rak/Fletcher to cancel out Ware/Spencer.

we've already covered this shark. You think Dallas has little to no talent after Romo. I know you called them bottom 5 in the league without Romo. That remains a nut statement and I don't want to tap dance those points again.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remain good with the different opinions on what the redskin and cowboys will be this season.

Dallas was 8-8 both of the last two seasons. Both seasons with meltdowns but still played a win and you're in game in week 17....two meltdowns.

The defense that has Carr, Mo, Lee and Carter seems better IF you allow Rak/Fletcher to cancel out Ware/Spencer.

we've already covered this shark. You think Dallas has little to no talent after Romo. I know you called them bottom 5 in the league without Romo. That remains a nut statement and I don't want to tap dance those points again.

Now see there you go again putting words on me that i never said. I did say that without Romo, Dallas would have been a perennial 5-11 team. But thats because I think without Romo, that offense doesnt run down in Dallas. Not ecause he is the only talented player on the roster as you would say i have said. Would you disagree??

As far as the defense, you are switching schemes. Mo and Carr are better suited to play man2man rather than zone. And you have the same questions at Safety that we do, minus a top five rushing defense. So Im going to say the defenses might be a wash except for that pesky scheme change. (Oh and you left out Kerrigan who has been pretty good in his own right)

Look I think Dallas is a solid 8-8 team again this year, even better if they get a few good breaks. I also happen to think Washington is alot closer to that 10-6 team now than they are that 4-12 team you expect. We have a QB, a very good RB and a solid run defense, the only isues are the secondary, maybe RT and over all roster health which the entire league has to deal with.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now see there you go again putting words on me that i never said. I did say that without Romo, Dallas would have been a perennial 5-11 team. But thats because I think without Romo, that offense doesnt run down in Dallas. Not ecause he is the only talented player on the roster as you would say i have said. Would you disagree??

As far as the defense, you are switching schemes. Mo and Carr are better suited to play man2man rather than zone. And you have the same questions at Safety that we do, minus a top five rushing defense. So Im going to say the defenses might be a wash except for that pesky scheme change. (Oh and you left out Kerrigan who has been pretty good in his own right)

Look I think Dallas is a solid 8-8 team again this year, even better if they get a few good breaks. I also happen to think Washington is alot closer to that 10-6 team now than they are that 4-12 team you expect. We have a QB, a very good RB and a solid run defense, the only isues are the secondary, maybe RT and over all roster health which the entire league has to deal with.

nobody said 4-12....lol

6/7 wins while Dallas wins 10

nothing new here and yes sir....you said Dallas would be drafting bottom 5 year after year without Romo.

Typical