• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Brady didn't turn over his cell phone...

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone saying you wouldn't turn over your phone that's fine but than don't complain when people don't believe you're not guilty just because you said so and provide no evidence to the contrary. You have every right to not turn your phone over in this case but than you suffer the consequences of whatever punishment comes down on you.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not a legal process here. If you worked for a place that very much can discipline you for things that look bad for the workplace itself then you too would have the choice of cooperating or risking fines/suspension for not just because of how it looks. Your right to do that as well if you choose, but then you too have to suffer the consequences just like Brady is about to. That's how it works.

And again, if a court of law isn't insisting that I let anyone browse my phone, be it my employer, the cops or Jesus Christ himself, I'm not going to.

I may tell my attorney to tell everyone they looked at my phone and didn't see anything involving the case, but that's it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, if a court of law isn't insisting that I let anyone browse my phone, be it my employer, the cops or Jesus Christ himself, I'm not going to.

I may tell my attorney to tell everyone they looked at my phone and didn't see anything involving the case, but that's it.

Like I said if you are ok with losing millions of dollars, having your reputation drug through the dirt, and have every one of your accomplishments in your job questioned the rest of your life then by all means you have that right.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And again, you too would be free to do so and would also be subject to the very same consequences. Agree with him all you want, it won't keep him from facing a suspension over it and rightly so.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess you have that right. If you are about to lose millions of dollars though as Tom Brady is you might be singing a different tune about that. Now I know he has more money that a person could ever need in 10 lifetimes so maybe it doesn't matter to him as much but again one thing he does care about is his reputation and to me this only hurts that cause.

I suppose. I generally dislike Boston fans and their sports teams, so I am no "Brady apologist," but I have no problem with him not sharing his phone.

1st, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone would have conversations regarding cheating via text or email anyway, and if they were that stupid, fuck them anyway.

2nd, if that phone isn't loaded with pictures of Giselle in all kinds of compromising positions, then it's clear that Tom Brady is gay and Rock's dream of accepting various parts of him in his ass might be more obtainable than previously thought.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, you too would be free to do so and would also be subject to the very same consequences. Agree with him all you want, it won't keep him from facing a suspension over it and rightly so.

They cheated. Why shouldn't they be suspended?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose. I generally dislike Boston fans and their sports teams, so I am no "Brady apologist," but I have no problem with him not sharing his phone.

1st, I think it's HIGHLY unlikely that anyone would have conversations regarding cheating via text or email anyway, and if they were that stupid, fuck them anyway.

2nd, if that phone isn't loaded with pictures of Giselle in all kinds of compromising positions, then it's clear that Tom Brady is gay and Rock's dream of accepting various parts of him in his ass might be more obtainable than previously thought.

Well the Brady didn't pick his friends all that well as the texts between the two other guys implicated in this show they could care less about texting about the cheating. Heck they texted about a bribe concerning the situation. Now maybe those are some of the texts that they recovered during the investigation that had been deleted but they were stupid enough to text about it in the first place.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all anyone is saying. What they do have, plus how bad it looks to not fully cooperate, equals some amount of punishment. Had they turned over texts/emails that didn't have damning evidence it would have been lighter or maybe even prevented it. Not turning them over makes it look like things would be worse if he had which means even more people believing he is guilty and possibly far more so than we already know.

You just don't hold that stuff back if you care about your image/legacy and what punishment doing so will bring unless the alternative was far worse. It's fairly easy to see how guilty he must be.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the why matters. I probably wouldn't turn over my cell phone either but I would realize in doing so that I could be punished. Honestly, he would still probably be punished even if he did turn it over and they found nothing. The reality is, someone deflated the balls. Do you seriously think they would take the risks they did if they QB wasn't advising them to do so?

One of the funniest parts I have seen in this whole thing is the guy that took him the balls to the bathroom said he used urinal in a bathroom that didn't even have a urinal.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said if you are ok with losing millions of dollars, having your reputation drug through the dirt, and have every one of your accomplishments in your job questioned the rest of your life then by all means you have that right.

Haven't they been caught cheating before and it not ruin their reputations and accomplishments?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't they been caught cheating before and it not ruin their reputations and accomplishments?

Well I would say it has ruined their reputation considering many fans still even before this incident called them the Cheateriots. Outside of Boston most think the Patriots are always up to something that is borderline gray area or completely in it and they just don't care. You throw this gasoline on the fire and it has caused the uproar that it has. Yes their accomplishments such as Super Bowl wins will not go away. They will always have those but they will always be looked at with a somewhat asterisk next to them because of all these scandals.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say it has ruined their reputation considering many fans still even before this incident called them the Cheateriots. Outside of Boston most think the Patriots are always up to something that is borderline gray area or completely in it and they just don't care. You throw this gasoline on the fire and it has caused the uproar that it has. Yes their accomplishments such as Super Bowl wins will not go away. They will always have those but they will always be looked at with a somewhat asterisk next to them because of all these scandals.

There are people that really say "cheateriots?" I hope for their sake that they're prepubescent boys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are people that really say "cheateriots?" I hope for their sake that they're prepubescent boys.

Oh I agree but it just shows that even 7 years after the whole Spygate issue that many still view the Patriots as a team willing to cross the line in order to win. Again then you throw this situation on there and it just adds that much more to people's thoughts on them.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steelers have never been accused of cheating:

ku-xlarge.gif

nope. never held illegal practices. nope. it didnt happen multiple times. nothing to see.

At least he did it in the open and on his own, not sneaking around rules and involving vulnerable employees, and then apologized and took his punishment like a man...
Plus that's a family matter that you have no business in, it's brother against brother, but you wouldn't know anything about that, being the fan of the worst cut throat team of all time.....
Nice trophy !!

11236097_878593522201271_2120827764_n_zpswic0tqme.jpg
05_LFW_DrEvilLaugh_instory_zps7vphsnpv.jpg

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft runs the NFL and him being involved hurts the integrity! This team has cheated several times and even by Kraft's current statement, they have not learned. We need to send a message!

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Brady could not have communicated with anybody else other than Jastremski about deflating footballs? Maybe Brady never directly contacted Jastremski about it because he is not stupid and used a third party?

A third party who neither worked for the Patriots nor communicated electronically with Jastremski?

Because otherwise they already have the relevant electronic communications.

What happened here is:
  • Wells said "Give us texts that indicate your guilt and that we don't already have".
  • Brady (or rather Yee speaking for him) said "There are no such texts".
  • Wells said "Waah!! Guilty guilty guilty!!"

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thing, but the above caught my eye, so I read it.

So, because Tom Brady is more famous than Richie Incognito, we're supposed to protect him more when he does something wrong? I thought the idea was to NOT have different rules for the rich and famous than for everyone else?
These Pats fans are digging their nails into this. Do we start hearing out of Boston, "OJ is innocent", "The moon landing was filmed in a California desert", "Cancer can be a good thing", "Obama is a true Patriot", "John Wayne is still alive and just kicked Chuck Norris' ass" or "the world really is flat, a boat just sailed off the edge, see video".

He cheated, got caught, let's move on.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft runs the NFL and him being involved hurts the integrity! This team has cheated several times and even by Kraft's current statement, they have not learned. We need to send a message!

And yet the cheating has never, ever been proven -- CameraPlacementGate excepted -- while teams that have actually cheated (including in the matter of ball pressure) have gotten wrist-slap penalties.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Pats fans are digging their nails into this. Do we start hearing out of Boston, "OJ is innocent", "The moon landing was filmed in a California desert", "Cancer can be a good thing", "Obama is a true Patriot", "John Wayne is still alive and just kicked Chuck Norris' ass" or "the world really is flat, a boat just sailed off the edge, see video".

He cheated, got caught, let's move on.

And the funny thing is, the Pats are the one's keeping this alive with all of their protestations and claims of innocence.

I agree with what Dan Patrick said. If Brady had just come out at the beginning and said, "Look, just like all qb's, I have a certain way that I like the football to feel and our equipment guys set them up that way for me. I wasn't really aware of PSI, etc. and we'll make sure they are properly inflated from now on" this thing would be over already.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the cheating has never, ever been proven -- CameraPlacementGate excepted -- while teams that have actually cheated (including in the matter of ball pressure) have gotten wrist-slap penalties.

I feel sorry for you.