• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper being traded to Dallas

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy, but not surprised. At least Jerry is learning and only gave up ONE first round pick for an aging, expensive WR who won't produce here.

Also wondering if he can throw the ball to himself, because Dak is a scared little girl back tehre and won't pull the fucking trigger to throw the ball.

24 is now considered an "aging WR"? Interesting perspective.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck- Gruden really did it. I am stunned.

Actually one of the better moves Gruden has made...he's given up on the season...while I think he knows he screwed up with Mack, but knows he can find Cooper like talent in the draft, 1st is pretty good for Cooper imo.

But...if I were a OAK fan stock piling draft picks would have me concerned because player personnel was not his strong suit in his prime.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a combined 36 yards in 4 of his 6 game this year...

You said he's missed games. He's played in all of them. unfortunately, he had to play with Carr. Now he gets to play for a team with a kick ass defense, a star RB, and a ROY young QB with upside over Carr.

Don't be Jelly

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like giving up a first for a player that is less than a sure thing, but this trade is not DOA. Cooper has a lot of upside still, and just maybe he can help turn this Cowboys offense around this year and help propel the team to the playoffs. I don't think that is what will happen, but the potential is certainly there.

The one thing I do like about this trade is I think it really cranks the pressure up on Garrett. I think with this trade, Garrett has to turn it around this year or be fired. I'd love to see the Cowboys turn it around, but Garrett being fired is a meaningful consolation prize to Cowboys fans.

Now there is the silver lining I was looking for!!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he's missed games. He's played in all of them. unfortunately, he had to play with Carr. Now he gets to play for a team with a kick ass defense, a star RB, and a ROY young QB with upside over Carr.

Don't be Jelly
Actually, you completely misinterpreted what I meant by "no show". He did nothing in 4 of his 6 games this season and it wasn't Derek Carr's fault.

If you think I'm jealous of a garbage receiver you're just a Homer.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum. Being a Dallas fan since I was at an age to understand the game and I’m 41 now.
With all that said, I do NOT buy into the last minute WR “fix” it has stink all over it.
Folks, we simply have a coach issue IMO

There’s my half a cent

Welcome aboard. I agree for the most part about it being a coaching issue.

Now, you are new here so I have to get you prepared for some questions and depending on your answers, how you will fit in. They will involve gladiator and gladiator movies. Better study up or you may not fit in and your posting rights removed.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you completely misinterpreted what I meant by "no show". He did nothing in 4 of his 6 games this season and it wasn't Derek Carr's fault.

Yep, you're mad. It was mostly Carr's fault and most knowledgeable football fans know that.

Nice back peddle on the "he misses games" part. He's started all games this year. Fact

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you're mad. It was mostly Carr's fault and most knowledgeable football fans know that.

Nice back peddle on the "he misses games" part. He's started all games this year. Fact
Except I never said that. You're just not very good at this.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already voiced my opinion and after a decent nights sleep that has not changed.
However this morning I look at it like this
Gave up a 1 for Cooper that at most was worth a 2nd
Cooper is not a match for current QB talent
Cooper in Dallas offense to save season and HC job fails
Team goes 8-8 and misses playoffs again
Head Coach gets fired at end of season
PRICELESS

You have to look for a silver lining that is not in Oakland in this trade as a Cowboys fan
:2cents:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting part will be, if they land on these picks next year, let's say QB, RB hell even a defensive stud, how they handle signing them after their Rookie deals are done.....
Gruden doesn't care, he has 4 years tops in this job.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 is now considered an "aging WR"? Interesting perspective.

Yes, he has miles on those legs. I know everyone under the age of 40 is "young" to a Snyder-sniffer, so how about sit there quietly and listen...maybe learn something while you're at it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously NO COWBOY FAN on here should never ever talk crap about others again!
Why, did Eagles fans stop talking crap when you gave up a haul for Bradford? Hell, y'all gave up a future SB MVP and two picks for Bradford.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there is the silver lining I was looking for!!
I see this putting two people on the hot seat...Dak and the Clapper. This offseason will be the one where we decide to pay Dak the rate for starting QB's, which is $20M. Or if he has a fringe #1WR and still can't get him the ball then maybe we make next year a "prove it" year and get ready to tag him.

JG has to win the East (doable in this mix) and at least one playoff game or he is out. I thought that before the trade and doubly think it now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he's a garbage receiver? You guys are ridiculous. Was he worth a first? Not likely and not to me. But calling him a garbage receiver is hopefully just trolling on your part because it's a football stupid comment

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think this gives an edge over anyone in their division though. Dallas has the opposite problem that Philly has in my opinion. Dallas has the receivers, but no good QB to throw to them while Philly has shit receivers with a very good QB to throw to them. Oakland are the real winners here. They now have 3 first round picks. Right now, all projected in the top 20-24 picks.