• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I crazy to think that our schedule looks pretty easy?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the SB champs. It is going to amaze you how hard even the bad teams play you. It is going to be an up and down season. Probaly still win your division. Everybody in the league has spent the offseason trying to figure out how to beat you. You'll be favorites in every game.....

Not sure why everyone thinks we'll have an up and down season??? What key player or players did the Hawks lose during the offseason that has left a noticeable void? I agree that teams will be pumped to try to knock off the champs, but you forget the Seahawks will be just as pumped if not more to defend their title.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actual don't pay the schedule much mind. Injuries, great rookies, etc make it to much of a moving target. Take it a game at a time, the schedule will take care of itself.

That's how I like to look at it. There are too many variables to get much out of looking at the schedule, especially before the season even starts, to try to figure out what could be a win and what could be a loss. It makes for great speculation and conversation, but that's about it. All preseason predictions based on schedule should be prefaced by "If everything stays exactly like it is now for the entire season, this is what I think will happen...".

There are always surprise teams, both surprisingly good and surprisingly bad, teams on the schedule every year, so even the games that look like the easiest games to win can turn into the toughest. Case in point: Tampa Bay last year. The Bucs came into the game against us 0-7 and starting a rookie quarterback with a total of four professional games under his belt. We needed overtime to beat them at home. A win is a win, but I don't think anybody could have predicted that it would be that hard to get that particular win. You just never know.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 49ers

Aldon Smith got suspend for 9 games today. Bowman was put on the PUP list so he will miss at least the first 6 games, Alex Boone is still holding out, Harbaugh not getting along with upper management, Justin Smith and Gore are getting old, both back up RBs hurt. Lots of drama

For the Cardinals

Daryl Washington suspended, they lost Dansby to free agency, and Dockett put on IR. That defense is going to not be as good as last year

For the Rams

They lost their starting QB for the year, ouch ouch and ouch

Some bad luck happening to our divisional rivals

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they're the best team in the league. It wouldn't be crazy to look at any schedule and think they'd do great against it.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elaboration:

First half
Top Def - Car
Bottom Def - GB, SD, Dal, Oak

Second half
Top Def - SF, SF, AZ, AZ, NYG
Bottom Def - KC, maybe Phi

It is nice that you are basing your judgements for this years defenses based on last years performances because it is not at all possible that any of these teams have had an changes. I think after Thursdays game you may scratch your head and rethink your strategy.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always tough to judge a schedule before the season starts (though we all do it). I remember looking at last year's schedule thinking road games late in the season against the Falcons and the Giants were going to be some of the toughest of the year. And they were two of the easiest.

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't played a game yet, but my opinion on the schedule:

Week 1-3 are pretty good tests to start off the season. They'll help us prepare for our divisional games.

We end the first fourth of the season with a bye. Pretty good reward for playing 2 of the best teams in the game.

Week 5-11 is probably the easiest portion of the schedule, Not being overconfident of course, Week 8 against Carolina is probably the toughest game of that portion due to their solid defense.

I love how the NFL schedules our last 5 out of 6 games against divisional opponents. What? Why does the NFL want us to have such a schedule? They know that we might lose 1 or 2 games in that portion. At least give us one more monday-night game...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't played a game yet, but my opinion on the schedule:

Week 1-3 are pretty good tests to start off the season. They'll help us prepare for our divisional games.

We end the first fourth of the season with a bye. Pretty good reward for playing 2 of the best teams in the game.

Week 5-11 is probably the easiest portion of the schedule, Not being overconfident of course, Week 8 against Carolina is probably the toughest game of that portion due to their solid defense.

I love how the NFL schedules our last 5 out of 6 games against divisional opponents. What? Why does the NFL want us to have such a schedule? They know that we might lose 1 or 2 games in that portion. At least give us one more monday-night game...

The NFL schedules divisional games at the end of the season to give fans the chance to see meaningfull games with playoffs and division titles on the line. I think it keeps things interesting.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nice that you are basing your judgements for this years defenses based on last years performances because it is not at all possible that any of these teams have had an changes. I think after Thursdays game you may scratch your head and rethink your strategy.

No doubt other teams have had player changes, but GB gets pretty much the same team that won the Super Bowl. It might be you scratching your head why GB played so poorly.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt other teams have had player changes, but GB gets pretty much the same team that won the Super Bowl. It might be you scratching your head why GB played so poorly.

I wasnt suggesting that Seattle is any different than the team that won the Super Bowl. My thoughts are the Packers defense is significantly improved and not the 25th ranked defense that it was being compared against like it is the same as last year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt suggesting that Seattle is any different than the team that won the Super Bowl. My thoughts are the Packers defense is significantly improved and not the 25th ranked defense that it was being compared against like it is the same as last year.

Relax. We will see the game in a few days. Then we'll know what is what.

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize the last 3 games are always divisional, but why are 5 out of the last 7 on our schedule divisional games? I've checked other schedules, but no one has nearly as tough a back end schedule as we do.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How's Bj Raji's back up look to you guys? That is a tough loss, he's an excellent player.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize the last 3 games are always divisional, but why are 5 out of the last 7 on our schedule divisional games? I've checked other schedules, but no one has nearly as tough a back end schedule as we do.

The NFL might have done that with the thought that some of those games could get flexed into prime time. The NFCW do put out some of the best games when facing each other.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL might have done that with the thought that some of those games could get flexed into prime time. The NFCW do put out some of the best games when facing each other.

I think your right, but it may turn out to be a big fail. Between injuries and suspensions, the drama they hope for may not happen.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your right, but it may turn out to be a big fail. Between injuries and suspensions, the drama they hope for may not happen.

Only time will tell but one thing is for sure, any game against the Rams won't be flexed unless they pull another Kurt Warner type player out of the hay stack.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y
How's Bj Raji's back up look to you guys? That is a tough loss, he's an excellent player.

As far as Raji being excellent is he use to be excellent. The Packers offered him an $8mil contract before last year that he turned down, He played the year and went to free agency and nobody wanted him and he came back and signed for $4mil and then tore his bicep. He was good the first 2 years and not the last 2 years

They have2 players that will play the position where Raji would have been. One is Josh Boyd in his second year who played in roughly 8 games last year. The other is Letroy Guion the other free agent we got besides Peppers. Ted Thompson must have figured he better get more help based on Rajis production the last 2 years.

Guion is in his 7th year and played in MNs D line rotation for the last 6 years with the last 4 years playing in 15 to 16 games a year so he is a seasoned veteran with more experience than Raji than Raji had. When I had lunch with Sam Shields last week he said Guion is ready and he is a beast.

I was at a Packer event last week after their last practice before the last preseason game where there is a luncheon where a Packer player sits at a table of with 10 other fans and we all have lunch together and the player at my table was Sam Shields one of the starting corners. I asked him about the Raji situation and he said no worries that Guion is all healed up and practiced and played last game and that he is a beast and will not be an issue.

It was interesting talking to him as he shared a few things they have been doing on a daily basis inside the indoors practice facility that is not open to the public since training camp begun. They would go in there first and work on things before the outdoor public practice preparing for the first game.

Here is a pic of Shields to show I am not talking out my ass oh and Eddie Lacey was at the table next to me.

Mr Shields

20140827_125413.jpg

Mr Lacey

20140827_124552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y

As far as Raji being excellent is he use to be excellent. The Packers offered him an $8mil contract before last year that he turned down, He played the year and went to free agency and nobody wanted him and he came back and signed for $4mil and then tore his bicep. He was good the first 2 years and not the last 2 years

They have2 players that will play the position where Raji would have been. One is Josh Boyd in his second year who played in roughly 8 games last year. The other is Letroy Guion the other free agent we got besides Peppers. Ted Thompson must have figured he better get more help based on Rajis production the last 2 years.

Guion is in his 7th year and played in MNs D line rotation for the last 6 years with the last 4 years playing in 15 to 16 games a year so he is a seasoned veteran with more experience than Raji than Raji had. When I had lunch with Sam Shields last week he said Guion is ready and he is a beast.

I was at a Packer event last week after their last practice before the last preseason game where there is a luncheon where a Packer player sits at a table of with 10 other fans and we all have lunch together and the player at my table was Sam Shields one of the starting corners. I asked him about the Raji situation and he said no worries that Guion is all healed up and practiced and played last game and that he is a beast and will not be an issue.

It was interesting talking to him as he shared a few things they have been doing on a daily basis inside the indoors practice facility that is not open to the public since training camp begun. They would go in there first and work on things before the outdoor public practice preparing for the first game.

Here is a pic of Shields to show I am not talking out my ass oh and Eddie Lacey was at the table next to me.

Mr Shields

20140827_125413.jpg

Mr Lacey

20140827_124552.jpg

You like to name drop, don't you? Nobody cares you you had lunch with. We'll see soon enough how things turn out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y

Mr Shields

20140827_125413.jpg

Mr Lacey

20140827_124552.jpg

As cool as the luncheon thing is I don't know how much you can really take from a player saying his teammate will be great. I guess my question is what did you expect him to say? Maybe he is right and the guy steps right in and does fine. I just don't trust players to be fully honest. They practice "Coach Speak" just as much as coaches do to fans and media.

Now to the actual game...From an outside perspective (not a fan of either team) I cannot wait to see this game. I would say 2 of the top 4 teams in the NFC facing off game 1 of the season is made for tv! I honestly don't know who is going to come out on top. If I had a gun to my head though right now I would pick Seattle. Homefield is huge, Wilson looks as good as ever, Percy Harvin is actually healthy, and that defense will be flying around as usual making life hell for any team that steps foot on the field with them. I do expect it to be a good game though. I know Seattle blew teams out last year at home but I expect this one to be about a 10 point game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday's opener should be a great game. My biggest fear is that NBC will focus way too much of its pregame and in-game coverage on what happened two years ago between these teams. You know they're gonna show the clip at least once and spend time talking about it, but they should just show it the one time if they have to show it at all and then be done with it. We don't need to see it for years like it seemed we saw the Hasselbeck clip from 2004.

Along those lines, my biggest hope is that it's the players that ultimately decide this game and that nothing controversial can be taken from it and run into the ground for the rest of the season. These are two very good teams and it would be a shame if that got overshadowed in any way.