• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I crazy to think that our schedule looks pretty easy?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should start a Packers game thread! PS: to all the packers fans, welcome, dont be surprised when hawks fans on this board are brimming with confidence. We have a bit of a chip on our shoulder and are very cautiously optimistic that this years hawks will be even better then last years.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this game ends with a hail mary.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is Seattle. That game was Russell Wilsons third? 4th ever pro game.

Green bay is much closer to the team that got run out of the playoffs by kap and the niners last year IN lambo.

Umm okay if that is what you insist I guess that must be how it will be. But if you get some free time you may want to go look at the team that started against the 49ers and the team that will start against the Seahawks. There will be many different faces.

It will be a close tough game with new things from each team

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up the stats and since the start of Avrils career with the Lions he played against the Packers 2 times a year and in 10 games has 5 sacks so if the average continues we will be able to expect 1/2 sack in the opening game.

Yep, that is about his career average. This was a joke about the 8 sack day Rodgers took 2 years ago. I do know these are different teams now. The hawks may be even better offensively. The Pass rush might be the same or slightly worse.

Do you have any of those answers from my previous questions regarding the dream scenario RP-29 posted?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that is about his career average. This was a joke about the 8 sack day Rodgers took 2 years ago. I do know these are different teams now. The hawks may be even better offensively. The Pass rush might be the same or slightly worse.

Do you have any of those answers from my previous questions regarding the dream scenario RP-29 posted?

I never said anything about any dream scenario. The odds of those things happening are not very high. Could one or 2 f them happen I guess anything is a possibility. I dont look at this game being won by either team by some freak odd plays that might occur. I think both teams are to good for may of those things to happen.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far i've read that the Hawks could go 1-2 and not to be surprised about it and i've read that we'll get blown out and that is our wake up call. I would agree if our defense was bottom ten in the league and our offense was run by Rick Mirer but sadly this isn't 20 years ago.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on the original topic. I think the schedule is pretty tough in the end, but the beginning is avg to below avg. GB and Denver will be good opponents. Carolina might be tough. I can see losing 1 or two games at most in the first 9 weeks. The back half is brutal though. 5 division games in the last 6 weeks and regardless of the offenses, those Defenses are very tough. We could drop 3 games in the last 6 weeks. I could also put my homer goggles on and envision a one or two loss season, or if everything is perfect, a perfect season to take the crown from Miami. Then again, we may miss the playoffs.

Of course, a lot can happen between now and the last 6 weeks of the season, as it already has with the injuries to Bradford and Dockett.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this schedule is easy by any means. I think the first three games and last 6 are going to be tough. Honestly the Packers are probably the team on the home schedule that scares me the most. Although missing Raji and their center (cant remember his name) will surely hurt them on both lines.

I still expect/hope somewhere in the 12-4 neighborhood. I think the Cardinals got a little weaker with their injuries/losses/suspensions but I think the Rams will still be really tough. Kellen Clemons nearly beat us last year so I don't think the loss of Bradford makes it a ton easier. The front 7 is still crazy.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we start 1-2, but it's certainly not impossible. Denver and GB are both SB contenders and SD is a solid team on the road.

That being said, we'll be favored in all 3, and I expect them to win each one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we start 1-2, but it's certainly not impossible. Denver and GB are both SB contenders and SD is a solid team on the road.

That being said, we'll be favored in all 3, and I expect them to win each one.

When your team is the favorite, why not expect them to win, right?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the schedule worked out to our favor with GB and Den at home in the early stages of the season. Sometimes teams don't hit their stride until week 3 or 4 and playing in Seattle makes that a whole lot more difficult.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the SB champs. It is going to amaze you how hard even the bad teams play you. It is going to be an up and down season. Probaly still win your division. Everybody in the league has spent the offseason trying to figure out how to beat you. You'll be favorites in every game.....

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see five games that I can't conceivably see the Seahawks losing on the schedule: WAS, DAL, CAR (I think they are gonna be really bad this year), OAK, NYG.

After that, anything could happen. So while it does seem a relatively easier schedule for a returning SB Champ...that aside, it's nothing to take too lightly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see five games that I can't conceivably see the Seahawks losing on the schedule: WAS, DAL, CAR (I think they are gonna be really bad this year), OAK, NYG.

After that, anything could happen. So while it does seem a relatively easier schedule for a returning SB Champ...that aside, it's nothing to take too lightly.

Washington is a MNF game so that could be surprisingly challenging and Carolina still has a good defense and it's a 1 pm est so that should be difficult. Agree on the other 3 since they're all in Seattle

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the biggest worry I have about the schedule is the timing of the bye week. It's about as early as it can come this year. They're going to have to play 13 straight games after the bye before hopefully getting another break going into the playoffs. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a Jekyll and Hyde type season. First half the Hawks play 1 top defense and 4 bottom tier defenses. The second half, 5 top defenses and 1, maybe 2 bottom tier defenses.

Compare that with NE who plays 3 top defenses and 3 bottom defenses all season. The rest are in the middle.

This is all based on last year's stats and I realize players have moved, coaches changed, etc., but I think you get the picture. A tale of two halves and I am sure PC knows this and hope he can instill it in the players to not get too confident if it looks like we are world beaters at the beginning of the season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a Jekyll and Hyde type season. First half the Hawks play 1 top defense and 4 bottom tier defenses. The second half, 5 top defenses and 1, maybe 2 bottom tier defenses.

Compare that with NE who plays 3 top defenses and 3 bottom defenses all season. The rest are in the middle.

This is all based on last year's stats and I realize players have moved, coaches changed, etc., but I think you get the picture. A tale of two halves and I am sure PC knows this and hope he can instill it in the players to not get too confident if it looks like we are world beaters at the beginning of the season.

Elaboration:

First half
Top Def - Car
Bottom Def - GB, SD, Dal, Oak

Second half
Top Def - SF, SF, AZ, AZ, NYG
Bottom Def - KC, maybe Phi

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actual don't pay the schedule much mind. Injuries, great rookies, etc make it to much of a moving target. Take it a game at a time, the schedule will take care of itself.