• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I crazy to think that our schedule looks pretty easy?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I have a gut feeling the Packers are going to spank the Seahawks in the opener. It will be the wake-up call the Hawks need en route to the epic NFC Championship rematch in Lambeau in January.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego is a bad team. Seattle never been some dominant road team. They find ways to win but the games are usually rather close. They're 9-7 on the road over the last 2 years. Nothing special at all. Just because you hammered san diego in preseason at home means nothing on September 14th. Denver is a dominant road team. 12-4 over a 2 yr span on the road is impressive. I don't know if san diego will win but should be competitive and would not shocked me in the least bit if they won

I dont get it, you admit SD is a bad team yet you think they beat the world champs?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I have a gut feeling the Packers are going to spank the Seahawks in the opener. It will be the wake-up call the Hawks need en route to the epic NFC Championship rematch in Lambeau in January.

I love the use of the word gut here, since Beast Mode will be rumbling right up the gut, all night long. Raji is out, Guion is coming back from a hammy. It is going to be a long night for the Packers run defense. This also keeps the ball out of Rodgers hands as we chew the clock. My gut says Lynch gets 100+ rushing and 2 TDs with the Hawks winning by 10+.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the use of the word gut here, since Beast Mode will be rumbling right up the gut, all night long. Raji is out, Guion is coming back from a hammy. It is going to be a long night for the Packers run defense. This also keeps the ball out of Rodgers hands as we chew the clock. My gut says Lynch gets 100+ rushing and 2 TDs with the Hawks winning by 10+.

The Gut must be the sick feeling he has since the last time Rodgers played in Seattle he got sacked a ridiculous amount and that was without avril and bennett

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gut must be the sick feeling he has since the last time Rodgers played in Seattle he got sacked a ridiculous amount and that was without avril and bennett

Bulaga is having nightmares about Irvin and he hasn't even met Avril yet.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the exact overconfidence I was alluding to.

It could just as easily play out as such: Packers get the ball first after a decent kickoff return, Rodgers marches them down for a TD on the opening possession. First play from scrimmage for Seattle, Wilson tosses a quick out to a TE who catches and fumbles the ball inside their own 30; Packers ball and another TD a few plays later. After a Seattle 3 & out and a crappy punt, the Packers get the ball on the Seahawks side of the 50. Seahawks unfamiliarly down 21-0 with maybe 7 minutes off the clock. Before you know it, Wilson is trying to push the ball down the field for quick scores and Beast Mode becomes Ghost Mode.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL wary of putting Seahawks home games in prime-time due to recent blowouts | ProFootballTalk

According to a league source, the NFL was wary of putting Seahawks home games on in prime-time due to their track record of blowouts in nationally televised games played in Seattle the last several seasons.

The NFL wants the season opener to be a good game to open the season. Are you saying they chose the Packers to go to Seattle because that is the least chance of a blow out of all the other teams on the Seahawks home schedule?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You will see that the Packers have one of the deepest teams in the NFL and replacing Raji will not be as hard as you think it will be. The Packer defense will be unveiled that night as it will not have been seen with Peppers and such until that night. I will be surprised if Raji missing makes a big difference and if Lynch gets over 100.

Lacey will have more yards that Lynch

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the exact overconfidence I was alluding to.

It could just as easily play out as such: Packers get the ball first after a decent kickoff return, Rodgers marches them down for a TD on the opening possession. First play from scrimmage for Seattle, Wilson tosses a quick out to a TE who catches and fumbles the ball inside their own 30; Packers ball and another TD a few plays later. After a Seattle 3 & out and a crappy punt, the Packers get the ball on the Seahawks side of the 50. Seahawks unfamiliarly down 21-0 with maybe 7 minutes off the clock. Before you know it, Wilson is trying to push the ball down the field for quick scores and Beast Mode becomes Ghost Mode.

I guess you don't know the Hawks.

1. How many decent kickoff returns have happened against this team in the last two seasons?
2. How many opening possessions by away teams have resulted in TD's in the last two seasons?
3. How many T/Os do our guys make in comparison to the league average in the last two seasons?
4. How many TDs have the Hawks given up inside the 30 in the last two seasons compared to average?
5. How many crappy punts have the Hawks made in the last two seasons?
6. When has Wilson ever panicked and pushed the ball down the field unnecessarily?

Wake up, I think you are dreaming. This is not over confidence, this team is stacked and 15-1 at home in the last two years, not including the playoffs. Russell Wilson is going into his 3rd season and is still getting better. The odds that it plays out like the scenario you have given is very, very, very low.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need for a wake up call for the Seahawks. They look determined to not let off the gas petal. Things have gone well for the Seahawks this off season. Got the core players extended, brought in some young guys. Been clicking in preseason. Haven't had much bad luck with injuries, I think this year is as healthy I've can remember to start the season.

Also the first game is at home. Things are looking good right now for the Seahawks.

On the other hand....maybe this game will be a wake-up call for the Packers. I know now that Roger is back, some folks feel the Packers are a shoo-in for the playoffs. This first game may just be the thing to let them know, it isn't going to be that easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only problem with this is Avril played for the Lions for 5 years so the O line has met him on a few occasions and he really didn't do much against us

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is whoever wins, half the fans are going to make far too much of it for the winner. It's week 1 and a long season. I like my teams chances and that's about all i'm going to say.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked up the stats and since the start of Avrils career with the Lions he played against the Packers 2 times a year and in 10 games has 5 sacks so if the average continues we will be able to expect 1/2 sack in the opening game.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the schedule may look easier after the Welker and Bradford injuries on top of how Arizona and SF looked in their last preseason games. But those were just preseason games. Schedule still looks brutal to me. Especially weeks 11-17

@ KC
vs Arizona
@ SF
@ Philly
vs SF
@ Arizona
vs St. Louis

That's, what the third year in a row finishing the season at home against the Rams?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with this Seahawk team.

:agree: Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

My prediction, if the Seahawks steamroll the Packers, we'll never see our team host a prime time home game in the near future. The NFL has made it clear (in their opinion) that the rest of the world does not want to see a dominate home team located in South Alaska on television.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packer team you see in 10 days is not at all the same as the one there a few years back

Neither is Seattle. That game was Russell Wilsons third? 4th ever pro game.

Green bay is much closer to the team that got run out of the playoffs by kap and the niners last year IN lambo.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will see that the Packers have one of the deepest teams in the NFL and replacing Raji will not be as hard as you think it will be. The Packer defense will be unveiled that night as it will not have been seen with Peppers and such until that night. I will be surprised if Raji missing makes a big difference and if Lynch gets over 100.

Lacey will have more yards that Lynch

Even if Peppers and such make an impact for the Packers this year, it usually takes time for units to gel and coaches to learn how to utilize their players. Take Bennett and Avril for example, they were producing early, but once they established their responsibilities and solidified their roles about midseason it was game over for QBs.