• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alshon Jeffery

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is who Mel Kiper has us taking on his mock draft. He's a big WR at 6'4" from South Carolina with long arms and huge leaping ability. Outside of that I don't know a whole lot about him. I'm going to have to watch some film on this guy. what do you guys think about him?

Here's a highlight film:

Alshon Jeffery Highlights - YouTube

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is who Mel Kiper has us taking on his mock draft. He's a big WR at 6'4" from South Carolina with long arms and huge leaping ability. Outside of that I don't know a whole lot about him. I'm going to have to watch some film on this guy. what do you guys think about him?

Here's a highlight film:

Alshon Jeffery Highlights - YouTube

I'm still shocked by your wanting Kyle Williams to hang himself.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got really good hands. I don't think he works hard enough at getting open, but he catches anything close to him. He doesn't look very fast when running, but that's because of his long stride.
Here he is grabbing a hail Mary over multiple Nebraska defenders with 2 seconds left in the 1st half of the bowl game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked by your wanting Kyle Williams to hang himself.

it was a comment made in the heat of the moment when I was angry, I clearly don't want him to hang himself. Also it's a figure of speech, have you never heard someone say "you should just kill yourself and get it over with". Has nothing to do with this thread anyway.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got really good hands. I don't think he works hard enough at getting open, but he catches anything close to him. He doesn't look very fast when running, but that's because of his long stride.
Here he is grabbing a hail Mary over multiple Nebraska defenders with 2 seconds left in the 1st half of the bowl game.

He seems to have excellent hands and seems to go up and grab anything that is in his area but that is judging straight from limited knowledge from a highlight, I'd like to see some more of him. His speed might scare me a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a fan. Good length and catch radius, and has really good ball-skills, but I don't think he's very explosive in out of cuts and isn't a very smooth runner, IMO. He also seems like a lazy route runner from what I've seen. There were some weight issues with him also, but to be fair none if it was ever concrete.

I'm definitely in the minority on this, though. Most people really like him.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont know a whole lot about him. Seen him a few times and looked pretty good. Heard problems about his weight though. Looks fat and out of shape in this picture. (His number is #1 incase someone doesnt know)

Alshon-Jeffrey-Is-Fat.jpg

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a fan. Good length and catch radius, and has really good ball-skills, but I don't think he's very explosive in out of cuts and isn't a very smooth runner, IMO. He also seems like a lazy route runner from what I've seen. There were some weight issues with him also, but to be fair none if it was ever concrete.

I'm definitely in the minority on this, though. Most people really like him.

the legs of jj stokes and hands of calvin johnson.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know a whole lot about him. Seen him a few times and looked pretty good. Heard problems about his weight though. Looks fat and out of shape in this picture. (His number is #1 incase someone doesnt know)

Alshon-Jeffrey-Is-Fat.jpg

if he gonna have the baby before next training camp?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would be okay with adding Jeffrey conditional on what else we add at the position. If we were to sign Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallace (hopefully we seriously pursue both these guys) then I'd be fine with it. If we add Bowe or Colston (again, hopefully we pursue both) then I wouldn't add Jeffrey.

I just really think we need to add two WRs that can start for us by opening day 2013 and can contribute next year. If they can start next year even better.

If we lined up next year on offense for our first snap of the season with Wallace, Jeffrey, Davis, Walker (or Miller depending on the set we run) and Gore that would be a huge upgrade over what we had in the playoffs.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not a fan of this guy either. He'll have difficulty creating separation in the NFL.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's huge with a large catching radius. We don't have that and we need it considering who our QB is. We tried Edwards with the hopes he'd fill that niche.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not a big fan of Jeffery. He's downright slow. Think Dwayne Jarrett. In fact I like Wright better.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with him if they believe he could increase his work ethic. If this guy comes to play ball and work hard, then we could be getting a steal. If he comes in and is lazy, then we get a bust.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be surprised if Alshon Jeffery is on the board when we pick. He reminds of me of a similar South Carolina WR by the name of Sidney Rice.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather pursue one of the big name FAs out there; but to answer your question:

Jeffery does posses some skills that you can't teach a WR. However, to me he seems as if he has never made any progress with his game from his freshman year to his junior year. I'm worried that he is the type of person that truly relies on his physical talent as opposed to taking the extra necessary steps in trying to get his game to a different milestone (God given physical talent + working on one's craft). Running with the track team; come to practice an hour or two earlier to work with the receiver coach in learning the tricks/nuances of running routes (especially for a man his size - it's much harder to run crisp/smooth routes); watching films; etc. It seems to me that he is well aware that 10/10 times he knows in his head that will be bigger and stronger skill player on the field. Thus, he feels as if he will always win the battle. If he fell to us I wouldn't mind drafting him, but I wouldn't be extremely happy of the situation as if we got "the steal of the draft" type of feeling/happiness. He's not explosive at all and his so called amazing hands are overrated IMO.

You want to see hands and ball skills check out this kid (he too is not explosive at all, but he knows how to run routes thus knows how to get seperation and get open). The kid reminds me a lot of Hakeem Nicks:

Juron Criner 2010 Highlights - YouTube

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Floyd. I think he could drop due to character concerns.