• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alshon Jeffery

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be good for drafting Jeffery, Harbs will get the kid in shape or else he wouldn't draft him. I trust Baalke from here on, nailed the Aldon pick(thus far) so I can't really double guess him at this moment.

But seeing that pick above made me grimace of David Boston and idk....

but damn, pending on who else is available, get the kid in shape and let him blossom. If Mike Williams can get in shape so can this guy.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Floyd. I think he could drop due to character concerns.

floyd has cleaned up and came back in great shape. he's looking like top 10 material right now.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd pulled out of the Senior Bowl which shouldn't be looked at as a positive. Plenty of time for him to screw up again between now and the draft. We'll see......

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd pulled out of the Senior Bowl which shouldn't be looked at as a positive. Plenty of time for him to screw up again between now and the draft. We'll see......

he had his best season this year. he was just being a college student...

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Niners will be able to land one of the top receivers in FA. Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallace would certainly be an upgrade. Some mocks have Blackmoin, Floyd, Jeffrey, and Wright gone before the 30th pick. Does anyone know anything about Sanu from Rutgers? Would he be a reach at pick #30?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope the Niners will be able to land one of the top receivers in FA. Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallace would certainly be an upgrade. Some mocks have Blackmon, Floyd, Jeffrey, and Wright gone before the 30th pick. Does anyone know anything about Sanu from Rutgers? Would he be a reach at pick #30?

Baalke, by one method or both is going to bring in and/or draft someone to put Crabtree in the slot where he belongs. The type of offense we run as well as contract structure may be barriers for some FA's, but there is no question Baalke is going to pursue his choice(s) vigorously.

As for the draft, it is the same every year, if there is a run on a certain position then at some point you may have to reach to get 'your guy'. Clyde may have a better take on whether Sanu would be a reach at 30.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know anything about Sanu from Rutgers? Would he be a reach at pick #30?

I only saw Sanu play 3-4 times over the last 2 years, but I liked what I saw. That's not really a large enough sample size to comment though. The National Football Post has him currently ranked as the 40th prospect and has this scouting report on Sanu:

"An imposing physical specimen with a long set of arms, strong looking frame who certainly looks the part of a starting caliber wide out. Is still learning the position, but the natural talent is there. Isn't that clean off the line, has a tendency to take a negative initial step, chopping his back foot before sinking his hips and getting into his route. Needs to clean up his initial wasted motion. Is going to need to learn to beat press coverage with consistency at the next level. Wasn't pressed much in college but has the skill set to be effective in that area. Showcases a natural burst to his game out of his breaks, both in the three-step game and on sharply breaking routes. Possesses excellent foot quickness and coordination for a guy his size. Is able to quickly change directions, keep his feet under him and accelerate well. Uses his body well to put a corner on his hip and has the length and hands to consistently pluck off his frame. Showcases elite range when asked to go get the football. Has the length and leaping ability to go get the football when its located anywhere near him with the hand size and length to make some really impressive one handed plucks. However, his hands are a bit inconsistent. Will fight the football into his body too often and when he doesn't have to be isn't a real natural plucker and at times will put the ball on the ground.

Is still developing as a route runner as well. Showcases the ability to be effective in the three step game, is sharp and precise out of his breaks and can gain a step. However, gets lazy at times on sharply breaking routes rolling into his breaks prematurely and not creating the same type of burst. Now, he does have the foot quickness and fluidity to drop his pad level and cleanly separate on the shallow/intermediate out. Also, has some savvy setting up his routes, changing speed and looking off corners on the double move. Is quickly able to get out of his breaks, snap his head around and go get the throw. Finds soft spots well working the seam and possesses "plus" awareness vs. zone.

Looks like a 4.55 guy vertically. But plays faster because there is an initial first step burst to his game. Makes the game look very easy and has a lot of untapped potential to his game as a receiver. Showcases a willingness to be physical, will break tackles after the catch and a natural balance/suddenness to his game to make the initial man slip off him. Isn't overly explosive in the open field, but runs hard and can stiff arm/break tackles. Has the size to be effective blocking in the run game and do some damage on the strong side as the "Z".

Impression: Physically reminds me some of Hakeem Nicks. Isn't as NFL ready, but can go get the football, breakdown and separate on all levels of the field. Looks like a future NFL starter who might need some time, but the talent is most definitely there."