• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree if Stanley had been available they would have taken him over Buckner and as a Notre Dame fan I can't say I would have been upset by that. Also if that video of Tunsil hadn't come out just before the draft they may have taken him as well.

Yeah, was wondering about that a few days after the draft, why didn't we take Tunsil? i viewed all the projected top players as 'equal', so was thinking LT over DE.

Anyway, at this point we know our Scouting staff saw Buckner with more value. We certainly didn't lose out on a top player.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers 2016 lineup projection includes interesting possibilities on defensive line

For me, not a problem if Buckner starts on the bench in game 1. We all know the linemen will rotate even more this season. So while he might not be the 'starter', he'll certainly take his share of reps. As the season wears on, they can adjust but either way, lets not wear him out.

Don't see any WR taking the lion's share at WR2? Cause it doesn't appear anyone is outstanding at the short/medium routes. I see us mixing it up and thats ok.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Lemonier is definitely on the bubble. For the last 2 seasons, he's failed to show much of a pass rush and that is the reason he was drafted. He's been on the bottom of the OLB depth chart for a reason and it looks like there's a good chance we'll make a change at that spot.

Lemonier may not make the 53 man roster. He has definitely been a disappointment the past two seasons. Niners got a lemon instead of lemonade.:L

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemonier may not make the 53 man roster. He has definitely been a disappointment the past two seasons. Niners got a lemon instead of lemonade.:L

Lemonier was awful. The only time I ever noticed him is when he got a costly penalty

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that can't fault the guy to try for an Olympic medal.

Agreed. Besides playing professional in any sport, I would think being part of an Olympic team ranks up there. Wish him nothing but the best.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that can't fault the guy to try for an Olympic medal.
Yeah but he knew the Olympics was coming up so why even try out for the NFL and why wait so long. I just dont get people.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he knew the Olympics was coming up so why even try out for the NFL and why wait so long. I just dont get people.

I don't know his thought process but he could have been on the fence about sticking with Football or trying to make the Olympic Rugby team and wanted to see what the 49ers would do in Free Agency and the draft and they resigned one running back and drafted another. That could have been a sign to him that he was likely going to be a practice squad player and wanted to do something more meaningful. I could be wrong but it seems logical that if it seemed like he might get a roster spot he might not have given that up but who knows. Maybe he'll come back when it's all over.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know his thought process but he could have been on the fence about sticking with Football or trying to make the Olympic Rugby team and wanted to see what the 49ers would do in Free Agency and the draft and they resigned one running back and drafted another. That could have been a sign to him that he was likely going to be a practice squad player and wanted to do something more meaningful. I could be wrong but it seems logical that if it seemed like he might get a roster spot he might not have given that up but who knows. Maybe he'll come back when it's all over.
that I understand, I mean from everything I heard he was in the lead to return Kicks and he was doing well as a RB. I do wish him luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barnwell's offseason report cards: NFC West

We know first hand how an offense works without an O-line. So how does Seattle continue to be perceived as a good team? Now they lost two more vet starters, so you have to wonder how far their defense can carry them?

Arizona has to be the favorite in the West, winning about 12 games. The only thing that can de-rail them is poor QB play. IMO the Rams and Seahawks will end about the same, say 9-7.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnwell's offseason report cards: NFC West

We know first hand how an offense works without an O-line. So how does Seattle continue to be perceived as a good team? Now they lost two more vet starters, so you have to wonder how far their defense can carry them?

Arizona has to be the favorite in the West, winning about 12 games. The only thing that can de-rail them is poor QB play. IMO the Rams and Seahawks will end about the same, say 9-7.

Yea, I read that. They are still a top team but not sure how as a contender you move forward with such an awful oline, and it could be a really bad one.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Kap turn it around, and if it's going to, it'll be under Kelly. He won't have a better shot. He has all the physical tools to be a great NFL QB. It's his head that's the problem. Not just the problems throwing a screen, hitch, or quick dump off, but the crap in the lockerroom with Aldon and the way he's now all quite and withdrawn.

I don't see it happening here or anywhere. His best year(s) were still sub-pro bowl level seasons and those years came in almost ideal conditions--great coaching, great Oline, new-to-the-nfl offensive concepts (read, pistol, etc.), dominant running game and a great defense. Under those conditions, ANY QB should look good and if that is what he needs in order to succeed, he'll never turn it around.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Kap turn it around, and if it's going to, it'll be under Kelly. He won't have a better shot. He has all the physical tools to be a great NFL QB. It's his head that's the problem. Not just the problems throwing a screen, hitch, or quick dump off, but the crap in the lockerroom with Aldon and the way he's now all quite and withdrawn.

I don't see it happening here or anywhere. His best year(s) were still sub-pro bowl level seasons and those years came in almost ideal conditions--great coaching, great Oline, new-to-the-nfl offensive concepts (read, pistol, etc.), dominant running game and a great defense. Under those conditions, ANY QB should look good and if that is what he needs in order to succeed, he'll never turn it around.
Yea. I agree. I have no expectations. Just gonna let everything play out this year. I was hoping they were going to be able to draft a QB in the top rounds and was hoping to Goff until the Rams gave up the farm for him. I didnt see Harbaugh's offensive staff as a great one though. His QB coach was Chryst. They put out a functional offense that looked very good compared to what was there before them. Chip Kelly might actually be better and it wouldn't surprise me

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
for fantasy football, what round would you take Hyde?

i believe he'll have over 1,000 yards rushing, but the questions is TD's? Hard to draft him too high without enough TD's.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for fantasy football, what round would you take Hyde?

i believe he'll have over 1,000 yards rushing, but the questions is TD's? Hard to draft him too high without enough TD's.
That would depend on how your league scoring is weighed. My biggest concern with Hyde for FF purposes is whether he can make it through a full season. In my league, running backs go fast so I expect him to go fairly high