• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert regressed as the season went on last year. Hopefully Kelly can get something more out of him. I am sure either Gabbert or Kap would play better with a clean pocket and great pass blocking like the team had back in 2011 and 2012 but I don't think they will have that.
I agree 100%. Once teams got a lot of tape on him in the 49ers system he was bad. The team regressed last year and that is 1 thing u dont want to see from a young team. Shows how bad the staff was. That is why I think we will be better this year because we have Chip Kelly and a real DC.

With Gabbert as your starter teams D knows he isnt a threat to go deep. They can stack with in 10-15 yards. With Kap u have to worry about him running and throwing deep. That is why I think he wins the job unless he just looks lost in Chips offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clicked on this think and then they had a link for 7 49ers draft grades and hell even I with the B- to C+ type grade is cutting Baalke slack I guess I'll need to be even tougher on him.
Like I said I think 49ers graded an A on day 1 but after that it went down hill.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I think 49ers graded an A on day 1 but after that it went down hill.

Well I liked the first round I was a little irritated that they gave up as much as they did to move up into the first but I could live with that. It was from day 2 on that left me scratching my head.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Once teams got a lot of tape on him in the 49ers system he was bad. The team regressed last year and that is 1 thing u dont want to see from a young team. Shows how bad the staff was. That is why I think we will be better this year because we have Chip Kelly and a real DC.

With Gabbert as your starter teams D knows he isnt a threat to go deep. They can stack with in 10-15 yards. With Kap u have to worry about him running and throwing deep. That is why I think he wins the job unless he just looks lost in Chips offense.

Gabbert started getting jittery in the pocket and checking down too much when he didn't have to. There were times we may have needed 8 yards for a first down, he throws it 5 yards, gets tackled, and its punt. 3rd down conversion success became a huge problem.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clicked on this think and then they had a link for 7 49ers draft grades and hell even I with the B- to C+ type grade is cutting Baalke slack I guess I'll need to be even tougher on him.

I like the first two picks but don't quite understand drafting so many corners afterwards. This team currently has a bunch of young corners on the roster and the team can't keep them all. I would have taken a chance on a QB like Hackenberg.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I liked the first round I was a little irritated that they gave up as much as they did to move up into the first but I could live with that. It was from day 2 on that left me scratching my head.
I agree with you. We are on the same boat. I think Day 1 was great. Both will start right away. I been a BIG fan of Buckner and feel he will be a steal at #7. On my Board I had him at #2 overall player. The kid is special.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't say you thought their would be vast improvement I merely stated I didn't expect it. Don't be so sensitive.

I'm not being sensitive, YOU wrote those words.

From my view, you're being extreme by using words like 'vast'.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken a chance on a QB like Hackenberg.
You'd rather have drafted Hackenberg at 37? I couldn't disagree more. Not only a poor fit in Kelly's system (see his years under Franklin), but he never really put together a good, let alone great, college season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the first two picks but don't quite understand drafting so many corners afterwards. This team currently has a bunch of young corners on the roster and the team can't keep them all. I would have taken a chance on a QB like Hackenberg.

As is always the case, it'll come down to who pans out, and to what extent they pan out? Should these CB's pan out, then it'll be worth it.

I now get the NB (Redmond) pick better, but yet another CB (Robinson) is hard to accept? Like you it is the position (CB) that i'm commenting on, not the specific players.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You'd rather have drafted Hackenberg at 37? I couldn't disagree more. Not only a poor fit in Kelly's system (see his years under Franklin), but he never really put together a good, let alone great, college season.

I felt Prescott end of the 4th, was better value. Or even Ken Dixon if not Prescott, over Rashard Robinson.

Speaking of Robinson, how can a 171 lb corner be good at press coverage? I'd think some of these bigger receivers will easily run past him?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So far, nothing we've seen from Davis says he's dying to play football again. Until he bothers to file for reinstatement, "he's retired". After he quit on the team last offseason, it's been pretty clear that the team isn't counting on him to return.

yep

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt Prescott end of the 4th, was better value. Or even Ken Dixon if not Prescott, over Rashard Robinson.

Speaking of Robinson, how can a 171 lb corner be good at press coverage? I'd think some of these bigger receivers will easily run past him?
I too would've gone with Dixon. For that matter, I'd have gone with Calhoun in Rd 3. As to the QB, by draft time, it looked pretty clear that we were gonna keep Kap (for one year) and Baalke apparently wants to see more of Gabbert, so there was no need to take an early rd QB unless we envisioned him starting in 2 years. If we're looking for an athletic project, Driskell has all the tools we'd look for.

As for Robinson? His length and hips are what got him drafted. Hopefully the training staff will spend the next 18 months force-feeding him. He'll need to add 25 pounds unless he wants to get buried by a 210 pound WR.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, nothing we've seen from Davis says he's dying to play football again. Until he bothers to file for reinstatement, "he's retired". After he quit on the team last offseason, it's been pretty clear that the team isn't counting on him to return.
yea, after his dumb tweets and not filing I am done with him

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily Hackenberg, but a QB in the 3rd or 4th.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not being sensitive, YOU wrote those words.

From my view, you're being extreme by using words like 'vast'.

Once again don't be so sensitive. I stated that I'm the one that used the word "VAST" not you. Also to me 8-8 would be a VAST improvement over what we saw last year and I don't see that happening. So perhaps you and I view VAST a little differently, as you and I view most things differently.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Once again don't be so sensitive. I stated that I'm the one that used the word "VAST" not you. Also to me 8-8 would be a VAST improvement over what we saw last year and I don't see that happening. So perhaps you and I view VAST a little differently, as you and I view most things differently.

haaa, ok