• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Buckner here...there are a lot of really good QB'S and OL's in this draft available later. With that pic, we could have a nasty young D set in place like we did 4 years ago that we can assemble an offense behind. Just need to draft immediate needs and hold off on the IR gambles.

The Defensive Line talent is probably even deeper this year. I think you last sentence also point to drafting an O-Lineman because that is by far the bigger need.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke still sees possible value in rehabbing draft picks

Baalke has solid proof this doesn't work, all he has to do is look at his OWN picks. We don't have to project, don't have to "wait and see", don't have to discuss circumstances. We already have solid proof this doesn't work.

I'm ok if he uses a 5th round and above, but not before. So if Baalke does this again, he is utterly hard headed, and 'stoopid'.

We cannot take a chance of Myles Jack, #7 overall is too high a pick to be gambling. there are other healthy players with equal value, there is no reason to gamble on Jack.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke still sees possible value in rehabbing draft picks

Baalke has solid proof this doesn't work, all he has to do is look at his OWN picks. We don't have to project, don't have to "wait and see", don't have to discuss circumstances. We already have solid proof this doesn't work.

I'm ok if he uses a 5th round and above, but not before. So if Baalke does this again, he is utterly hard headed, and 'stoopid'.

We cannot take a chance of Myles Jack, #7 overall is too high a pick to be gambling. there are other healthy players with equal value, there is no reason to gamble on Jack.
NO WAY we take a chance on jack at 7. I wouldnt pick Jack until the 2nd now. J. Smith 3rd is the lowest but thats if you are a team already stacked. 49ers Smith in the 4th rd. Chances a 4th rd pick starts in the 1st year is low already so Smith taking a year off is the same.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Durkin gave a look into the ultracompetitive Harbaugh. Durkin recalled that when he started working for Harbaugh at Stanford in 2007, it was "mayhem." He described how Harbaugh intentionally keeps the work environment from being comfortable.

"It was absolute mayhem. It really was.

"When I first got there, it was like, 'Oh, my gosh.' Then you finally spend more time with Jim. The guy is really smart. Extremely smart. Everything is for a reason, but he loves chaos. That's just how he operates. He loves confrontation, chaos, conflict. He doesn't want it to be everyone comfortable, this is the schedule. He just loves throwing a wrench in the works.

Wow, no wonder he only last five years in one place. he disrupts the place anbd wears EVERYONE down.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the obvious question is......at what cost to his speed? we won't know till TC, but guess he could lose a few by the time game 1 arrives.

True. I don't know how much but apparently last year he was too light and tackles were just pushing him around

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the obvious question is......at what cost to his speed? we won't know till TC, but guess he could lose a few by the time game 1 arrives.

That is the question. If he gets stronger and could pressure the QB, that would help Lynch. With the addition of Buckner, defense is looking a lot better. Niners could use another ILB.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the question. If he gets stronger and could pressure the QB, that would help Lynch. With the addition of Buckner, defense is looking a lot better. Niners could use another ILB.

That was my one disappointment in the Garnett trade. Well, I wasn't crazy about giving up picks for a guy who might well have been there in the 2nd and if he wasn't I personally thought Christian Westerman would have been a great pick in maybe the 3rd. But anyway, we really need an ILB and I thought there was a chance that Ragland might fall to our pick in the 2nd. And my feeling is that this year there's Ragland and then a pretty steep dropoff to everyone else. Giving up the 2nd eliminates any chance of getting him now. But I guess Baalke thought G was the bigger need.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need ILB help but I like Hodges. If Wilhoite starts this year I will flip out. He was once again graded worst ILB in football last year. Graded at 32.9.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my one disappointment in the Garnett trade. Well, I wasn't crazy about giving up picks for a guy who might well have been there in the 2nd and if he wasn't I personally thought Christian Westerman would have been a great pick in maybe the 3rd. But anyway, we really need an ILB and I thought there was a chance that Ragland might fall to our pick in the 2nd. And my feeling is that this year there's Ragland and then a pretty steep dropoff to everyone else. Giving up the 2nd eliminates any chance of getting him now. But I guess Baalke thought G was the bigger need.
He has a major heart problem. They say if it gets any worse he has to quite football. He is on the same Island and Jack and Smith now.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, Matt Maiocco said the other day Wilhoite is a solid ILB. WTF? He stunk last year. Hodges is ok but need to draft one if possible.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need ILB help but I like Hodges. If Wilhoite starts this year I will flip out. He was once again graded worst ILB in football last year. Graded at 32.9.

Matt Maiocco said Wilhoite was solid the other day. LOL. He stunk last year. Only backup material

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the kid from Temple Tyler Matakevich, he's an ILB and always seems to find his way to the football.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Matt Maiocco said the other day Wilhoite is a solid ILB. WTF? He stunk last year. Hodges is ok but need to draft one if possible.

Maybe Matt was with Tunsil using the bong and gas mask. What the hell is he talking about? Niners need to look at ILB.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a major heart problem. They say if it gets any worse he has to quite football. He is on the same Island and Jack and Smith now.

Seriously??? I hadn't seen that. Too bad...not for us, but for him. Football pales in comparison to one's health.

That aside, I'm not crazy about any of the alternatives. Kentrell Brothers from Missouri is ok. Beyond that, meh. I guess I could hold my nose with someone like Blake Martinez but sounds like ILB will have to be a lesser priority on days 2 or 3.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the kid from Temple Tyler Matakevich, he's an ILB and always seems to find his way to the football.

I like him too or maybe B.J. Goodson from Clemson. Has good size and also seems to be around the football.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers Off-Season So Far: Reading Between The Lines

So this is what I read between the lines of free agency inactivity: As I pointed out earlier this year, the young talent the 49ers already have under contract needs to get reps on the field on Sundays. As a practical matter, every free agent we sign forecloses the career of one young player whose performance might have turned out better at a fraction of the price. We already have 46 such players who are either ‘keepers’ or awaiting audition, plus 11 additional draft picks (and UDFAs). With only 53 spots on the roster, how many free agents could we afford to sign? It’s a roster numbers game.

I think that was the real price of it, and that is the real reason why the team declined to pursue big free agents this offseason.

Good point.