• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yet somehow you think he'll do well, your blind faith is inspiring.

i guess you need a specific illustration?

if Baalke selected Stanley at #7, he'll get a good grade nationally. Why? Because Stanley is a top prospect and fills a high need for us. My point is he'll get a good grade.....on paper.

Just for the fact he picks at #7 each round, he'll get good prospects. Then apply 12 picks and he'll fill all our Needs, so Nationally, they'll give him a good grade.

What grade will you give him for picking Stanley, and more importantly, why?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if Baalke selected Stanley at #7, he'll get a good grade nationally. Why? Because Stanley is a top prospect and fills a high need for us. My point is he'll get a good grade.....on paper.

Just for the fact he picks at #7 each round, he'll get good prospects. Then apply 12 picks and he'll fill all our Needs, so Nationally, they'll give him a good grade.

Well allow me to illustrate something for you, Image the 49ers are on the clock and Trent Baalke selects Ryan Kelly C from Alabama it is a need after all. Or perhaps he'll draft Robert Nkemdiche DT from Ole Miss. You just can't be freaking sure what that knuckle head is going to do so just because he's picking #7 doesn't mean he'll draft a top prospect.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he selects Stanley which is a huge if he'd be getting a top prospect. However as a Notre Dame fan I'm not sure my opinion on Stanley is unbiased.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well allow me to illustrate something for you, Image the 49ers are on the clock and Trent Baalke selects Ryan Kelly C from Alabama it is a need after all. Or perhaps he'll draft Robert Nkemdiche DT from Ole Miss. You just can't be freaking sure what that knuckle head is going to do so just because he's picking #7 doesn't mean he'll draft a top prospect.

if everyone here voted who they think is more likely, Stanley or Kelly, Stanely or Nkemdiche, what result would you expect?

anyway, you just want to complain about the bad draft Baalke apparently already has. Logic and sense doesn't matter, you just want to complain about the bad draft class we have. So we'll leave it here else it only gives you more reason to complain.....about the bad draft class we already have. :-)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if everyone here voted who they think is more likely, Stanley or Kelly, Stanely or Nkemdiche, what result would you expect?

anyway, you just want to complain about the bad draft Baalke apparently already has. Logic and sense doesn't matter, you just want to complain about the bad draft class we have. So we'll leave it here else it only gives you more reason to complain.....about the bad draft class we already have. :-)

We don't have it yet but I'm not getting my hopes up, that way I won't be too disappointed when he screws it up. I'm sorry I just don't have any faith that Baalke will make the right choice, I really hope I'm wrong I love draft weekend and watching the draft I'm just not expecting much from this guy.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I actually do like Nkemdiche and wouldn't mind the 49ers drafting him as I do think he's one of the most talented players in the draft.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I actually do like Nkemdiche and wouldn't mind the 49ers drafting him as I do think he's one of the most talented players in the draft.
I agree, 2nd rd take him. You can then go 1st rd Tackle. We get our pass rusher and help the Oline.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

in what round?

the issue isn't his talent, everyone knows he's talented.

the issue is whether he'll play 100% in any game? Whether he'll get suspended for 6 games or more? Whether he'll even be in the NFL after three seasons?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, 2nd rd take him. You can then go 1st rd Tackle. We get our pass rusher and help the Oline.

i wouldn't take him in Round 2, and it has nothing to do with his talent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all about talent and I would take him. I think overall he will be fine. Him getting caught with weed isnt the end of the world. It was a mistake by a young guy. I havent heard any bad news since then.

Just a side note: Tunsil was also in that room with Nkemdiche.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im all about talent and I would take him. I think overall he will be fine. Him getting caught with weed isnt the end of the world. It was a mistake by a young guy. I havent heard any bad news since then.

Just a side note: Tunsil was also in that room with Nkemdiche.

a talented player that isn't playing, doesn't help your team. whether he isn't giving you 100%, gets suspended, or is out of the league, all that talent isn't helping your team.

But Tunsil isn't reported to take plays off, smokes marijuana, or falls out of apartments.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a talented player that isn't playing, doesn't help your team. whether he isn't giving you 100%, gets suspended, or is out of the league, all that talent isn't helping your team.

But Tunsil isn't reported to take plays off, smokes marijuana, or falls out of apartments.
yeah but it was 1 mistake. Come on man. Im sorry Im not worried about it. Young man made a mistake and smoking weed isnt the end of the world. Damn 6 states its ok to smoke weed and 24 ok with medical weed.

taking plays off might be a concern but I think that has to do him being bored because he owned everyone and playing almost every down.

falling out of a window was do to what happen. Embarrassing yes.

Again he isnt perfect but hell yeah I would take a chance on him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah but it was 1 mistake. Come on man. Im sorry Im not worried about it. Young man made a mistake and smoking weed isnt the end of the world. Damn 6 states its ok to smoke weed and 24 ok with medical weed.

taking plays off might be a concern but I think that has to do him being bored because he owned everyone and playing almost every down.

falling out of a window was do to what happen. Embarrassing yes.

Again he isnt perfect but hell yeah I would take a chance on him.

ok, IF that's his only off field 'event', not a problem.

taking plays off is a BIG red flag, and being bored isn't an excuse. All the top players in NFL history, were self motivated.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go 49ers Sign CB Norman. He wants to play in Cali. We have the most money and we can really use a #1 CB in his prime.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets go 49ers Sign CB Norman. He wants to play in Cali. We have the most money and we can really use a #1 CB in his prime.

for at least $14M/year, if not more? The current top CB's get north of $14M.

He is also 29 years old, is he closer to the upside of prime, or downside?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for at least $14M/year, if not more? The current top CB's get north of $14M.

He is also 29 years old, is he closer to the upside of prime, or downside?
Im ok with it. No big deal He would help the secondary out big time. If you don't pay u don't get.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in what round?

the issue isn't his talent, everyone knows he's talented.

the issue is whether he'll play 100% in any game? Whether he'll get suspended for 6 games or more? Whether he'll even be in the NFL after three seasons?

Probably would have to take him in the 2nd round possibly jump into the late first to get him realistically. I would say I prefer the 2nd round. I'm not sure his character issues are as bad as people have made them out to be but that's just me.