• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/commentary/1549-anthony-davis-whats-your-deal/

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still hoping for Goff.
Well looks like a Kap trade might happen soon. If I were the 49ers I would ask for a 5th and Clady(they want to cut him anyways). Re work his deal. Suppose to make 10mill.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well looks like a Kap trade might happen soon. If I were the 49ers I would ask for a 5th and Clady(they want to cut him anyways). Re work his deal. Suppose to make 10mill.

if they're going to cut Clady to fit Kaep, why trade for him? Rather take our chances he'll sign with us. If he doesn't, then don't force it.

Also, can't help think Clady's injury is too serious, and why he isn't in the trade discussion. Plus, isn't his contract rather large too?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they're going to cut Clady to fit Kaep, why trade for him? Rather take our chances he'll sign with us. If he doesn't, then don't force it.

Also, can't help think Clady's injury is too serious, and why he isn't in the trade discussion. Plus, isn't his contract rather large too?
Yes he is suppose to make 10 mil thats why I said re work his deal. I rather swap so we land him. Why take a chance for another team to get him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd probably pass on Clady. He can't stay healthy and we've had enough of that these past couple of years

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard Baalke signed a tumble weed as a FA.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's review what the Rams received in 2012 for the Griffin pick. It's not as much as you would think. Through various trades, the Rams all told landed via that deal:

DT Michael Brockers
CB Janoris JenkinsRB Isaiah PeadOL Rokevious WatkinsLB Alec OgletreeWR Stedman BaileyRB Zac StacyOT Greg Robinson

Brockers is an average, reliable starter and nothing more. Jenkins bolted in free agency after some spectacular but also maddening play. Pead was cut after 19 rushes, 78 yards and a few special teams tackles. Watkins is in the Arena League now. Ogletree suffered a broken leg last season but is being counted on to replace James Laurinaitis at middle linebacker. Bailey was shot in the face twice last season and his football future is up in the air. Stacy was traded to the New York Jets a year ago. Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in 2014, enters 2016 needing to prove he can take a big step up.

Four of those players remain on the roster four years later. None are Pro Bowl-level players to date, even if there's still hope for Robinson and Ogletree.

Yep, having multiple top picks only work if you choose the right prospects. Good thing for us, the Rams didn't "maximize" all that draft currency. Believe Washington's 1st rounder from the second year was pretty HIGH, and was why the Rams got Robinson.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's review what the Rams received in 2012 for the Griffin pick. It's not as much as you would think. Through various trades, the Rams all told landed via that deal:

DT Michael Brockers
CB Janoris JenkinsRB Isaiah PeadOL Rokevious WatkinsLB Alec OgletreeWR Stedman BaileyRB Zac StacyOT Greg Robinson

Brockers is an average, reliable starter and nothing more. Jenkins bolted in free agency after some spectacular but also maddening play. Pead was cut after 19 rushes, 78 yards and a few special teams tackles. Watkins is in the Arena League now. Ogletree suffered a broken leg last season but is being counted on to replace James Laurinaitis at middle linebacker. Bailey was shot in the face twice last season and his football future is up in the air. Stacy was traded to the New York Jets a year ago. Robinson, the No. 2 overall pick in 2014, enters 2016 needing to prove he can take a big step up.

Four of those players remain on the roster four years later. None are Pro Bowl-level players to date, even if there's still hope for Robinson and Ogletree.

Yep, having multiple top picks only work if you choose the right prospects. Good thing for us, the Rams didn't "maximize" all that draft currency. Believe Washington's 1st rounder from the second year was pretty HIGH, and was why the Rams got Robinson.

This is more or less what I'm expecting from Baalke but we'll see, I hope I'm wrong and would like nothing more to come on here and say I was wrong about Baalke but I don't think I am.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame LB prospect Jaylon Smith expected to miss all of 2016

good read.

1. Wouldn't take Jaylen Smith unless he REALLY falls. Cause it talks about nerve damage, and he might not ever play again. shades of another Lattimore.

2. It talks about the 49ers track record with 'IR' players. The higher picks hasn't paid off, not even close.
Saw that this morning. I would not take him with the 7th pick. The 49ers had too many misses in recent years and I just don't want to see them risking the 7th pick on him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saw that this morning. I would not take him with the 7th pick. The 49ers had too many misses in recent years and I just don't want to see them risking the 7th pick on him.

Most definitely NO at #7 overall, hoping Baalke doesn't draft Jaylen Smith till AT LEAST Round 5.

In this specific case, no doubt someone will take him long before that.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame LB prospect Jaylon Smith expected to miss all of 2016

good read.

1. Wouldn't take Jaylen Smith unless he REALLY falls. Cause it talks about nerve damage, and he might not ever play again. shades of another Lattimore.

2. It talks about the 49ers track record with 'IR' players. The higher picks hasn't paid off, not even close.

Question is, how far of a drop is enough? Maybe I'm too conservative, but with the seriousness of his injury I can't see drafting him before the 5th round. Now, that's for the Niners. Another team with more depth and recent success, a team that doesn't need him to step right in, could take a flyer on him much earlier. Let him take a year to recover and see what they have. If he doesn't play again, or is a shadow of his former self, just shrug your shoulders, call it a decent gamble, and move on. The Patriots, the Broncos, etc., could do this if they're of a mind to do so.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Question is, how far of a drop is enough? Maybe I'm too conservative, but with the seriousness of his injury I can't see drafting him before the 5th round. Now, that's for the Niners. Another team with more depth and recent success, a team that doesn't need him to step right in, could take a flyer on him much earlier. Let him take a year to recover and see what they have. If he doesn't play again, or is a shadow of his former self, just shrug your shoulders, call it a decent gamble, and move on. The Patriots, the Broncos, etc., could do this if they're of a mind to do so.

yeah ok, i personally wouldn't do it, but ok for them. If you think about it, doesn't matter if your team is good or not, what matters is getting value from your draft pick. If a player can't return, returns at 50%, or takes 3 seasons, will you get value?

We of all fans should know this, via the Lattimore example. Look at all our examples, did we get ANY value?