• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not a fan of it especially going into the season. Now you have a case where the player doesn't want to be here and the front office doesn't want you. No way to succeed under those issues.

The only positive is Kelly has mention multiple times he wants Kap. So maybe that confidence will have Kap and the Front office. Who knows.

I get that. My only concern is picking the right QB in the draft. Lets face it, the odds are very long that this team goes anywhere this year. I don't really have any faith in Kap or Gabbert at this point. Gabbert started at pretty good but regressed as the season went on. I see him as a backup or stopgap at this point. With Kap, too much has gone on and am skeptical his issues can be fixed. So I see either as short term on a team that isn't going anywhere. If they draft Goff I am good and the rest whatever.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive is Kelly has mention multiple times he wants Kap. So maybe that confidence will have Kap and the Front office. Who knows.

Sooo you actually believe Kelly? Think about it....whatelse is he gonna say when posed a question about Kaepernick?

'Oh that bum? F that....get his tatted, dumbass outta here.'

Now of course, if he said that, I'd be 100% behind him. If Kelly has any inkling of QB's (and can put his 'I can fix any QB' ego in check - assuming he has one) he will personally drive Kaepernick to the airport and get him off this team. And of course, it isn't a positive. Kaepernick on the 2016 roster is not a positive at all..

And, I'm still waiting for that link....Kaepernick for a 4th rounder agreement.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo you actually believe Kelly? Think about it....whatelse is he gonna say when posed a question about Kaepernick?

'Oh that bum? F that....get his tatted, dumbass outta here.'

Now of course, if he said that, I'd be 100% behind him. If Kelly has any inkling of QB's (and can put his 'I can fix any QB' ego in check - assuming he has one) he will personally drive Kaepernick to the airport and get him off this team. And of course, it isn't a positive. Kaepernick on the 2016 roster is not a positive at all..

And, I'm still waiting for that link....Kaepernick for a 4th rounder agreement.

I think that was the last offer from Denver for Kaep...I remember reading it somewhere but can't find it either.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was the last offer from Denver for Kaep...I remember reading it somewhere but can't find it either.

I'm not too sure myself, but I think Denver felt a 4th rounder was what they would consider for Kaepernick, but they didn't have a 4th round pick that could be used to make a trade. Their 4th rounder was a compensatory pick and teams won't be able to trade compensatory picks until 2017.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too sure myself, but I think Denver felt a 4th rounder was what they would consider for Kaepernick, but they didn't have a 4th round pick that could be used to make a trade. Their 4th rounder was a compensatory pick and teams won't be able to trade compensatory picks until 2017.

Well and there's that...we hold the cards here. If Kaep is ready to go, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what//if Kelly can do with him behind center. I'm sure there'd be a preeeetty short leash on the situation maybe even in camp alone. It's not like we're going to be in the race for a playoff spot next season so why the hell not? If Denver really wants him, they'll figure it out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. My only concern is picking the right QB in the draft. Lets face it, the odds are very long that this team goes anywhere this year. I don't really have any faith in Kap or Gabbert at this point. Gabbert started at pretty good but regressed as the season went on. I see him as a backup or stopgap at this point. With Kap, too much has gone on and am skeptical his issues can be fixed. So I see either as short term on a team that isn't going anywhere. If they draft Goff I am good and the rest whatever.
Well and there's that...we hold the cards here. If Kaep is ready to go, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what//if Kelly can do with him behind center. I'm sure there'd be a preeeetty short leash on the situation maybe even in camp alone. It's not like we're going to be in the race for a playoff spot next season so why the hell not? If Denver really wants him, they'll figure it out.

We don't know what Denver actually offered. They considered Kap worth a 4th rounder but they could have offered a 5th or a 6th. Who knows. I haven't come across yet what they actually offered.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know maybe they have to offer a 4th or a 5th to get the 3rd from Denver just to move Kaepernick, I guess that isn't the worst thing in the world if it gets him out of town.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaep is ready to go, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what//if Kelly can do with him behind center..

I'm not interested in the least. I do NOT want another Alex Smith scenario where the guy just hangs around for years when I have a good idea on what he's all about. Said it before and I'll say it again.....I don't care if we get nothing for the guy. Cut him, be done with, and it's all good with me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I found about Cleveland giving a 4th and Denver trying to match it. It says Denver isnt going to give a 3rd to up Cleveland offer(something like that.)

http://www.************.com/news/92451-broncos-offering-fourth-round-pick-colin-kaepernick/

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would take him if he is there. it would be a still to grab him.

If you ONLY look at his talent, there is no doubt he's a steal with our 2nd rounder. But talent isn't the issue with this guy. No team wants to end up with someone who is out of the league in two years. If he can't stay in control himself, you've quickly lost your 'steal'. A team and teammates can only do so much for a player.

I'm not against every prospect with "off the field issues", but this guy seems to be 'unstable' on top of his other issue? Below is something i just came across in a mock.

26. Seattle Seahawks: Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss

If anybody can extract the talent out of a head case like Rob Nkemdiche, it's Pete Carroll. Michael Bennett and Nkemdiche would pair nicely together and create a monster 3 down combination. Robert is good at every facet of football, if you can get his 4 banger engine running like a big block v8.

The above also implies he might not even play well throughout a game? If he doesn't put that talent to work, is this a steal?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didnt they have 2 WR with 10 TDs? That would be using them correctly!?! We need blocking and QB arm to get it to them! Go 49ers!!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ONLY look at his talent, there is no doubt he's a steal with our 2nd rounder. But talent isn't the issue with this guy. No team wants to end up with someone who is out of the league in two years. If he can't stay in control himself, you've quickly lost your 'steal'. A team and teammates can only do so much for a player.

I'm not against every prospect with "off the field issues", but this guy seems to be 'unstable' on top of his other issue? Below is something i just came across in a mock.

If anybody can extract the talent out of a head case like Rob Nkemdiche, it's Pete Carroll. Michael Bennett and Nkemdiche would pair nicely together and create a monster 3 down combination. Robert is good at every facet of football, if you can get his 4 banger engine running like a big block v8.

The above also implies he might not even play well throughout a game? If he doesn't put that talent to work, is this a steal?
Well if 49ers doctors feel he is ok I jump on it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well considering they drafted a MLB who retired after one season I would say he's in Baalke's wheel house.