• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I hope so. I am not too down on OL, but hated losing Boone because that is another hole to fill. I like the Brown kid and having Kilgore back at Center really helps. As long as Pears, Devey, and Martin aren't playing we should be a lot better this year, lol.

WR's hopefully Kelly can find better ways to utilize what we have. If Ellington stays healthy, he could be an asset. Hopefully Smelter shows something too.
I think Ellington can be a very nice weapon for us if used right and I have a feeling he will be used right with Kelly Offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I really liked how Tiller came in off the PS and was an instant upgrade over Devey...nearly took 3/4 of the season for TomTom to pull the trigger. I'm very interested to see how Smelter does as well as Ellington and the CFL guy, just read a great article on his path to the NFL. He should leave everything on the field having this opportunity.
I like Tiller, When he was getting full reps he was graded out the 2nd best player on the Oline. I think he has good potential. Boone is on his decline or he didnt give a crap because we were so bad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great we just lost a trade partner. Good job front office for holding out. Now we will continue to play this Kap dance. We want him/We want to trade thing.

Browns sign RG3.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great we just lost a trade partner. Good job front office for holding out. Now we will continue to play this Kap dance. We want him/We want to trade thing.

Browns sign RG3.

While there is alot of blame to hoist on the FO for various things I don't think this is one of them. I think Kap going to Cleveland has been dead for quite awhile. I don't think it is because of the FO holding out. According to sources, Kap didn't come to an agreement on a restructured contract with Cleveland and soured on them after Cleveland let a number of Free Agents walk. I don't think he was eager to go there as reported earlier.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns sign RG3.

Oh stop it. If anything, this is yet another indictment as to how valued a player like Colin Kaepernick is considered around the league. The reality is, Colin Kaepernick is basically a near worthless player, and by most accounts refused to restructure his deal with Cleveland (even though he wants out...apparently).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh stop it. If anything, this is yet another indictment as to how valued a player like Colin Kaepernick is considered around the league. The reality is, Colin Kaepernick is basically a near worthless player, and by most accounts refused to restructure his deal with Cleveland (even though he wants out...apparently).
Disagree Big time. Browns willing to give us a 4th(almost like a late 3rd). Front office should of jumped on it if they wanted to trade him. Instead they played games. Kap would of went to the Browns. right away but that week to think about it killed it, in my opinion. He came up with an excuse about his contract demands.
Trade market is dead right now for Kap. Maybe it will pick up during draft time. 1 thing for sure 1 team will need a QB Broncos or Jets(whoever misses out on Fitz). Both teams have a small chance to jump 49ers to draft a QB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree Big time. Browns willing to give us a 4th(almost like a late 3rd). Front office should of jumped on it if they wanted to trade him. Instead they played games. Kap would of went to the Browns. right away but that week to think about it killed it, in my opinion. He came up with an excuse about his contract demands.
Trade market is dead right now for Kap. Maybe it will pick up during draft time. 1 thing for sure 1 team will need a QB Broncos or Jets(whoever misses out on Fitz). Both teams have a small chance to jump 49ers to draft a QB.

Dude...you're just making shit up now just so you can dump on the Niner organization. There is plenty of legit reasons to do so, but this isn't one of them. The ONLY reports were that the Browns and Niners had a deal for Kaepernick in place...IF Kaepernick's contract was to be re-worked. The ONLY reports are that Kaepernick/agents refused, and also balked at going to Cleveland who saw players leaving.

Kaepernick is near garbage, and as I've said before....if he's cut, it's an addition by subtraction.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both parties (Cleveland and 49ers) have more or less disputed after the fact that it made it to discussions about draft picks. But even if that was the case, Kaepernick would not agree to a contract restructure with Cleveland so it was moot anyway. The only real offer is from Denver.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...you're just making shit up now just so you can dump on the Niner organization. There is plenty of legit reasons to do so, but this isn't one of them. The ONLY reports were that the Browns and Niners had a deal for Kaepernick in place...IF Kaepernick's contract was to be re-worked. The ONLY reports are that Kaepernick/agents refused, and also balked at going to Cleveland who saw players leaving.

Kaepernick is near garbage, and as I've said before....if he's cut, it's an addition by subtraction.

There are reports now that there really was never a deal with Cleveland and draft picks were never discussed. Supposedly those early reports were overblown.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not making stuff up. All this Info has been stated. I guess you haven't paid attention. 49ers and Browns had a deal in place for a 4th. 49ers said no they want a 2nd or 3rd rd pick went back to Denver. Kap was all about Hue Jackson and the Browns, then they waited a week and then Kap agent said no to the contract. If it was done right away I bet he is there.(this last part is an opinion).

The problem I have is you either trade him or keep him. Come out and say it. 49ers alway try to hide things(just like when we went after Peyton Manning. They said they weren't really on him. In the end we looked bad. We all know what came out later in the year. 49ers went hard after him. They do this kind of crap all the time. Nothing new. The Front office is a mess and that is a FACT.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is stop playing games either trade him or come out and say you are keeping him.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All I'm saying is stop playing games either trade him or come out and say you are keeping him.

They've said for some time now.....they're keeping Kaep. This goes back to when Kelly was hired.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've said for some time now.....they're keeping Kaep. This goes back to when Kelly was hired.
LOL no they havent. Then been going back and forth. First they want him, then they want to trade him, then Kap wants to be traded and now we are back at keeping him.

Not a good look.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making stuff up. All this Info has been stated. I guess you haven't paid attention. 49ers and Browns had a deal in place for a 4th

Well, since I haven't paid attention....can you please link me up with an actual report that a deal was agreed upon - Kaepernick for a 4th round pick.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was never a deal in place for Kap from Cleveland. That appears to be inaccurate reporting at the time and so far only Denver appears to have made an offer. The FO has not been going back and forth. According to reports Denver has said his worth is a 4th round pick. Denver doesn't have a 4th so at best Denver offered their 5th which is probably more like a 6th since Denver won the Super Bowl. The 49ers want something higher than a 4th so there has been a standoff with the 49ers holding out for a higher pick and it appears Denver is willing to wait and see whether the 49ers cut him which the 49ers are adamant they are unwilling to do. What has been consistent from the FO is that they are keeping him if they don't get the deal they want. But I don't think they were ever adamant about him not being on trade block. I believe there were also discussions with the Jets. If they do end up cutting him, then the FO lost their game of chicken.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A deal with the Browns was in place, hence the Agent talking to the browns about money.

All Im saying is either trade him or come out and say he is here to stay. Thats all.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A deal with the Browns was in place, hence the Agent talking to the browns about money.

All Im saying is either trade him or come out and say he is here to stay. Thats all.

Problem with that is they are still willing to trade him for the right price so it is difficult to be definitive with anything. They are still willing to trade him to Denver for the right price so I wouldn't expect any kind of public pronouncement. It just isn't going to happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that is they are still willing to trade him for the right price so it is difficult to be definitive with anything. They are still willing to trade him to Denver for the right price so I wouldn't expect any kind of public pronouncement. It just isn't going to happen.
Im just not a fan of it especially going into the season. Now you have a case where the player doesn't want to be here and the front office doesn't want you. No way to succeed under those issues.

The only positive is Kelly has mention multiple times he wants Kap. So maybe that confidence will have Kap and the Front office. Who knows.