• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd trade Kaepernick to Denver for a good bag of weed. I don't know if Cleveland could match that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Cleveland's 2nd is a HIGH 2nd, so we aren't getting it for Kaep straight up.

That 2nd rounder floating around, is likely based on Denver's 2nd, the last pick of round 2.
Yes I agree thats why a 3rd and a sway would even it out. Its not like our #7 pick is way back. @ 7 they still get a player they want and we get the QB we want.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Kaepernick's agents more than him. Also, I don't think Denver is quite done. Either way, it's best for everyone if he just disappears from the roster.

I don't think Denver is officially ruled out but sounds like they are only offering a mid round pick and the 49ers insisting on a 2nd rounder so unless Denver is willing to budge on what they are offering. Sounds like Cleveland is a better bet right now although things can change

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is Denver off the table?

Denver is not out of it yet but is sounds like there is a stalemate right now with Denver only offering a mid round pick and the 49ers insisting on a 2nd rounder. The 49ers at least publicly are stating they are willing to keep Kap if they don't get what they want. Sounds like Denver needs to up their offer to close the deal on their end

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Denver is not out of it yet but is sounds like there is a stalemate right now with Denver only offering a mid round pick and the 49ers insisting on a 2nd rounder. The 49ers at least publicly are stating they are willing to keep Kap if they don't get what they want. Sounds like Denver needs to up their offer to close the deal on their end

oh ok, i asked because you wrote "off the table".

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should keep Kaep and still draft a QB at #7 if Wentz or Goff are still on the board. Let Gabbert and Kaep battle for the starter role in Kelly's offense. Give a Kaep a year to play in an offense that should be tailor made for him to succeed in and see where it goes. This way you have no pressure to start a rookie in year one. If Kaep still struggles Gabbert is still there to take over.

We have plenty of cap space to carry all 3 salaries for next year, and at this point Baalke would be a moron to spend all of this space on free agent additions on anything more than team friendly deals or short contract deals.

Kaep though I have to say is a dumb shit for wanting off the team that just brought in his best chance of having any real NFL success.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hold on for a 2nd

nevermind, the pick that the browns would give in the third is basically a second. Hey has anyone else noticed that trent baalke sounds like this guy: Larry Middleman from arrested development
latest?cb=20130322225229

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they should keep Kaep and still draft a QB at #7 if Wentz or Goff are still on the board. Let Gabbert and Kaep battle for the starter role in Kelly's offense. Give a Kaep a year to play in an offense that should be tailor made for him to succeed in and see where it goes. This way you have no pressure to start a rookie in year one. If Kaep still struggles Gabbert is still there to take over.

We have plenty of cap space to carry all 3 salaries for next year, and at this point Baalke would be a moron to spend all of this space on free agent additions on anything more than team friendly deals or short contract deals.

Kaep though I have to say is a dumb shit for wanting off the team that just brought in his best chance of having any real NFL success.

the problem is....Kaep doesn't want to be here. If your QB isn't fully committed, the offense will never be fully maximized.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would hold on for a 2nd

that is what they're doing now.....hanging on. But as April 1st approaches, we'll see if Baalke buckles first? My guess is we'll take Denver's 3rd, but add a future 4th.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better do something. This waiting game crap sucks. Just make the trade and move on.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is what they're doing now.....hanging on. But as April 1st approaches, we'll see if Baalke buckles first? My guess is we'll take Denver's 3rd, but add a future 4th.

I think that is what will happen, unless Cleveland is willing just to take the salary cap hit and depending on how kap performs they cut him and start with a rookie the next season or start with a rookie this season and hope he develops. I would just take the hit if i was cleveland and draft stanely to protect kap. Honestly, i just want kap gone i don't care how. I just want him gone.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to keep Kap to see how Kelly uses him. Now you have to get rid of him. After all of this we cant keep him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest I've read is the Denver offered a 4th round pick which really is like 5th rounder because of their position. Cleveland offered their 3rd round pick which is much better and the 49ers prefer to make a deal with Cleveland but the Browns want Kap to take a significant pay cut which he is unwilling to do so the saga drags on.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a Kap fan, but if you had a bunch of leaks from the FO and your own broadcast team talking shit or throwing you under the bus, plus watching your own FO self destruct the team, would you seriously trust or want to be with this team? Especially if the current championship team wants you?

Money talks, but if you can make money and go anywhere else, I as a player would literally go almost anywhere but here.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man every time i wake up and see that kap is still on the team is like being a kid and waking up on Christmas only to realize you have no presents.