• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Best FA signing of the past 10 years was easily Justin Smith so signing top tier talent even when you aren't good can help put the culture in place so you and I don't agree on that point. However I recognize this isn't the best FA class and they should be stupid but come on they haven't even done anything to make themselves competitive, so far they've gotten worse in the offseason.

If we knew there was a 'Justin Smith', wouldn't have a problem signing him. But you cited by far the exception, not the rule.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we knew there was a 'Justin Smith', wouldn't have a problem signing him. But you cited by far the exception, not the rule.
Imagine Mack with Staley and the leadership that line would have. Big upgrade on top of adding AD and have a youngster in Tiller. Smith would of been that #1 CB we needed. Brock goes back to #2 where is fits better.

oh well the FO screwed up again. Nothing new

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Imagine Mack with Staley and the leadership that line would have. Big upgrade on top of adding AD and have a youngster in Tiller. Smith would of been that #1 CB we needed. Brock goes back to #2 where is fits better.

oh well the FO screwed up again. Nothing new

What if these players didn't want to sign with SF, is that screwing up? Don't know, just asking about this possibility.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if these players didn't want to sign with SF, is that screwing up? Don't know, just asking about this possibility.
if it comes out that they offered the same then Fine. But right now they did crap.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense....the 49ers brass is 'asleep' while everybody else is blowing up brinks trucks to seriously overpay for some of these guys....yet you don't even know what exactly the Niners are putting on the table?

If and when they ship Kaepernick out, that will be addition by subtraction, and and a great start to the new year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they have done nothing much at all so we'll have to wait and see but any meaningful FA that might have helped this team has signed or will likely sign elsewhere. They may have to overpay a guy like they did Smith to get him here because they've been a dumpster fire for about 2 years now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That makes sense....the 49ers brass is 'asleep' while everybody else is blowing up brinks trucks to seriously overpay for some of these guys....yet you don't even know what exactly the Niners are putting on the table?

If and when they ship Kaepernick out, that will be addition by subtraction, and and a great start to the new year.

agree.

not that i hate Kaep, nor think he's totally worthless, but it is clear both sides need to move on. Whatever return we might get, is a bonus.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kap leaves we will be up to 70 mill in cap. If their plan was all along to trade Kap why not improve the team.
Right now rumor has it that Trade is set and maps agent is talking to denver to re do his deal. We might have a deal by the end of the night. I just hope 49ers are staying strong with a 2nd rd pick. I have a feeling they give in for a 3rd. Not bad but not great.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to A. Schefter, Kaepernick WANTS to play for Cleveland. I'm not sure what to think of that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to A. Schefter, Kaepernick WANTS to play for Cleveland. I'm not sure what to think of that.

Seems crazy to me. Maybe he wants to play for Hue Jackson but who knows how long that is going to work out for Hue. The best place for him would be Denver.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems crazy to me. Maybe he wants to play for Hue Jackson but who knows how long that is going to work out for Hue. The best place for him would be Denver.
Broncos just traded for Sanchez.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about this trade: Kap to Browns for swap of 1st rd picks and we get a 3rd. I know 49ers want a 2nd but in this case we still get a decent pick in the 3rd and we move to 2nd pick and can grab whoever we want. Cleveland still gets a how 1st rd pick who they can grab a OT(staley) or WR(Treadwell) to help Kap an they get a starting QB with Kap.

Both Teams win.
or

Plan B: trade Kap for CB Haden and we give them a 4th and a 6th. We get that #1 CB they get Kap plus picks and keep the 2nd pick.
Again both teams win.

Just ideas.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy
Kaep is tired of this football thing and wants to go somewhere that can end his career quickly. I mean name me the last good QB to put on a Browns uniform.

If I was the 49ers with the cap space I have I wouldn't trade Kaep for anything less than a 2nd and even with that offer I would probably still want a bit more to do it. 11.9 million is a bargain compared to what guys with half of Kaep's talent are getting right now. It's also believed he would thrive under Kelly's offense so why not hold on to him for another year?

Let him play under Kelly for a year and if he still sucks then you can still release or trade him next year before you have to guarantee his salary again. This is why the 49ers hold all the cards in what happens with Kaep. They don't have to release him and don't need to trade him. If the Broncos, Browns, Jets or anyone else want him they will have to pay up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about this trade: Kap to Browns for swap of 1st rd picks and we get a 3rd. I know 49ers want a 2nd but in this case we still get a decent pick in the 3rd and we move to 2nd pick and can grab whoever we want. Cleveland still gets a how 1st rd pick who they can grab a OT(staley) or WR(Treadwell) to help Kap an they get a starting QB with Kap.

Both Teams win.
or

Plan B: trade Kap for CB Haden and we give them a 4th and a 6th. We get that #1 CB they get Kap plus picks and keep the 2nd pick.
Again both teams win.

Just ideas.

very good trade for us (assuming one of the QB's is our guy) but not for Cleveland. the 49ers would almost trade Kaep for their 3rd as is, so why swap 1st?

i would try to get Cleveland's 2nd round pick, so Kaep plus our 4th for example.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy
Kaep is tired of this football thing and wants to go somewhere that can end his career quickly. I mean name me the last good QB to put on a Browns uniform.

If I was the 49ers with the cap space I have I wouldn't trade Kaep for anything less than a 2nd and even with that offer I would probably still want a bit more to do it. 11.9 million is a bargain compared to what guys with half of Kaep's talent are getting right now. It's also believed he would thrive under Kelly's offense so why not hold on to him for another year?

Let him play under Kelly for a year and if he still sucks then you can still release or trade him next year before you have to guarantee his salary again. This is why the 49ers hold all the cards in what happens with Kaep. They don't have to release him and don't need to trade him. If the Broncos, Browns, Jets or anyone else want him they will have to pay up.

Bernie Kozar!!!

And yes...I agree that we do hold all the cards in this dumpster fire of a situation...hopefully it pans out in our favor...this is one area where Baalke has done alright.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very good trade for us (assuming one of the QB's is our guy) but not for Cleveland. the 49ers would almost trade Kaep for their 3rd as is, so why swap 1st?

i would try to get Cleveland's 2nd round pick, so Kaep plus our 4th for example.
because 49ers want a 2nd. To make up for not giving us a 2nd we swap 1st. This way they still get a player they need at 7 and they keep their 2nd and they get tehir QB with Kap. 49ers get their pick of QB with the 2nd pick and we get a 3rd pick that is early in the rd.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
because 49ers want a 2nd. To make up for not giving us a 2nd we swap 1st. This way they still get a player they need at 7 and they keep their 2nd and they get tehir QB with Kap. 49ers get their pick of QB with the 2nd pick and we get a 3rd pick that is early in the rd.

But Cleveland's 2nd is a HIGH 2nd, so we aren't getting it for Kaep straight up.

That 2nd rounder floating around, is likely based on Denver's 2nd, the last pick of round 2.